Transfering cruise from PCC

swin26

I have never transferred a cruise, but am considering doing so to a big box store. I currently have prepaid gratuities and a beverage card as part of our package. If I transfer the cruise, do these stay in place or are they substituted for the OBC the TA is offering? Thanks

The simple answer is "it depends." You need to ask this question of the agent/agency you plan to use (before you make a decision). Always make sure you get everything in writing which will normally be in the form of a detailed invoice which specifies each item including pre-paid gratuities, obc's, etc.

Hank

It has always worked for me when transferring to the big box store. Everything from HAL moved with the reservation, and the OBC got added on. I called the big box store and then they called HAL and with the three of us all on the phone at the same time confirmed the transfer to big box store with HAL. I could still go online with HAL and purchase dining, tours, etc. The OBC from big box store is all refundable.

It has always worked for me when transferring to the big box store. Everything from HAL moved with the reservation, and the OBC got added on. I called the big box store and then they called HAL and with the three of us all on the phone at the same time confirmed the transfer to big box store with HAL. I could still go online with HAL and purchase dining, tours, etc. The OBC from big box store is all refundable.

Ditto. We always transfer to the big box store and have always kept everything in place. Very easy. The OBC they offer is outstanding and we've always been happy with their service.

Is there a time limit between booking and transferring? Like on Celebrity, you have 60 days from booking to transfer to a TA. Does HAL have that same type of restriction?

No, as long as you do it before final payment. I hope HAL never changes. Celebrity's rule took us by surprise when we tried transferring one of their bookings.

No, as long as you do it before final payment. I hope HAL never changes. Celebrity's rule took us by surprise when we tried transferring one of their bookings.

Thanks for the info! That is a nice policy on their part. I have a booking that I did online that I've been meaning to transfer but need to take the time to do it.

Thanks for letting us know! You'll love the extra OBC.

Just not sure how we will spend it all. We have prepaid gratuities and don’t use ship excursions. Laundry, a wine package, specialty meals and internet will only use a portion. We are not big drinkers. It will be fun trying though and most is refundable if we don’t use it.

They recommend you do it about 2 weeks before final payment. We did that and then the day before final payment, called the big box store to add on the cruiseline insurance package. Didn't need the insurance but it was a safety net which we might have needed.

Just not sure how we will spend it all. We have prepaid gratuities and don’t use ship excursions. Laundry, a wine package, specialty meals and internet will only use a portion. We are not big drinkers. It will be fun trying though and most is refundable if we don’t use it.

At the end of the VOV we were refunded $1400! We have free laundry (4-star), and had prepaid all excursions. Ours went for more wine packages, Bingo, and specialty restaurants.

I just learned with Royal Caribbean you have to do the transfer within 60 days of initial booking. Don’t know about HAL but just be aware there might be a deadline.

As stated earlier in this thread. With HAL it must be transferred before final payment, and a balance must be owed. Those are the only stipulations. You can book the cruise a year and a half out, and transfer just before final payment and be fine.