Turning Platinum on 2nd leg of b2b...

Saint Greg

Greg, I have heard and read that some people have reported that they were considered Platinum from the beginning of the first cruise so I know that it can happen. I believe the key is to make sure that the cruises are linked together. This will also insure that you will get the B2B procedure info in your cabin before the end of your first cruise. There will be some posters that will say that there is no such thing as linking cruises, but I know better. :D

I doubt it as they are 2 separate cruises. 2 folios, 2 S&S cards, don't know why you would have to link them. We have done 3 B2B's and never linked the cruises, same cabin too. you will definitely be Platinum on day 1 of your second cruise.

:loudcry:510 days until your b2b, I don't think that I would have the patience to wait that long. I would be constantly looking at a calendar and saying "why is it taking so long, WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG":fever::loudcry:

Yeah I have a couple other cruises to keep me busy before then. What I was looking at is I'm looking to add a cruise in December... And I was weighing and deciding between a 5-day and a 7-day. The 7-day actually gets me to platinum one cruise earlier but it's on the second leg of that b2b...which wouldn't be as big of a benefit as having it on the first leg. But of course I decided on the 7-day anyway...so it's a moot point....But I would still like to have platinum on the first leg of that b2b :D

Just like Jamman said, I turned platinum on my second leg of my cruise but yet they gave it to me on the first cruise, got blankets on the first cruise and headphones on the second. So i guess it is at Carnivals discretion.

Oh that’s awesome. I wasn’t even thinking about gifts. I was thinking priority embarkation and having the room ready early.

I doubt it as they are 2 separate cruises. 2 folios, 2 S&S cards, don't know why you would have to link them. We have done 3 B2B's and never linked the cruises, same cabin too. you will definitely be Platinum on day 1 of your second cruise.

We linked ours for this December via the call center and our boarding docs show us as platinum from day one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got our upgraded VIFP status on the first leg of a B2B on Sunshine even though it was earned on the second leg. Booked online, didn't do anything special to "link" the bookings (but had same cabin for both legs). This status was visible after final payment on boarding passes/etc. Not sure if this is always the case, but it was for us.

I turned platinum on 2nd leg of B2B. Status was effective on the 1st leg. Will turn diamond on the last day of 2nd leg of B2B and get diamond on the 1st leg. I just book each cruise separately and don't do anything to "link" them. I can check the cruise documents online and see the VIFP status. Just be aware that the status doesn't show if you aren't eligible yet. For instance, I have a 14 day planned before my diamond B2B. My diamond status won't show until I have completed the 14 day and those days show up in my past cruises total.