Ripped jeans at dinner?

English101

No, you are dead wrong.

Unless the rules have defined a process by which a rule can be waived, there is no such thing as waiving the rule. All you have received is permission to enter the dining room. The rule remains the rule, it has not changed. The rule says "no tears", your teenager is wearing tears, your teenager is breaking the rules. The fact that your teenager has permission only means s/he shouldn't be thrown out.

And you really should try to follow the conversations. There is no basis for your claim that it's my "precious rule". I never opined on the rule itself. My comments were on your position of "asking permission" and it being a "teachable moment". Or was this another case of your inability to follow the discussions?

No thanks. While I too might be in jeans if it was cold (I don't bring any pants on warm weather NCL cruises), you don't seem like the type of person who's company I would enjoy.

What was the point of this? You quoted my post which was a response to Medtech2 and the similarity of our fathers, not sure how it relates to Presidential fashion trends.

What's your point about what grandpa worn ? Talk about posting something irrelevant.

You don't like that the ship waives a rule when asked. Boo hoo.

Here's a teachable moment that your parents missed out on - pick your battles. If you are going to have your dinner ruined - or more likely your entire trip - because you don't like that a teenager wears ripped jeans to dinner, you are going to be very miserable over other nonsensical perceived slights.

The hostess says come on in. Discussion over. Rule is waived. Rule does not apply. No rule broken.

"The fact that your teenager has permission only means s/he shouldn't be thrown out."

Do you realize how dumb you sound? Now YOU are the rules?

Enjoy your dinner. I will.

What's your point about what grandpa worn ? Talk about posting something irrelevant.
It was a response to MedTech, not you - try to follow along with the conversation. Why were you even quoting my post to MedTech and commenting on it if you didn't understand it?

You don't like that the ship waives a rule when asked. Boo hoo.
I never said I did or didn't like the ship following their own rules. I never opined on what the ship does or doesn't do in any way in this thread. Again - take a few minutes and try to comprehend the conversations. And try to converse like an adult, although I am starting to question if you are one.

Here's a teachable moment that your parents missed out on - pick your battles. If you are going to have your dinner ruined - or more likely your entire trip - because you don't like that a teenager wears ripped jeans to dinner, you are going to be very miserable over other nonsensical perceived slights.
Where exactly did I ever express any opinion on jeans in the dining room? I didn't and in fact I said I might be wearing them too. Your mind is clearly overwhelmed and spinning out of control to the point of imagining things that have not been written or implied. Slow down, take a moment to process and comprehend.

"The fact that your teenager has permission only means s/he shouldn't be thrown out."

Do you realize how dumb you sound? Now YOU are the rules?

Actually you might want to read your posts before committing them. Your complete lack of comprehension makes you sound like the dumb one.

This thread is just so funny. Seriously people....your cruise would be ruined because someone wore ripped jeans to dinner? You must be some sad individuals.

How exactly does it become your business what anyone wears? Don’t you know that the Fashion Police was cancelled after Joan Rivers died?

This thread makes me want to wear ripped jeans, a barely there tank top with a baseball cap & flip flops to LeBistro and watch the show of people dropping dead in their bowls of onion soups so I can post the videos on here and let everyone know that it is now safe to wear what you want without worrying about useless threads such as this one,

This thread is just so funny. Seriously people....your cruise would be ruined because someone wore ripped jeans to dinner? You must be some sad individuals.

How exactly does it become your business what anyone wears? Don’t you know that the Fashion Police was cancelled after Joan Rivers died?

This thread makes me want to wear ripped jeans, a barely there tank top with a baseball cap & flip flops to LeBistro and watch the show of people dropping dead in their bowls of onion soups so I can post the videos on here and let everyone know that it is now safe to wear what you want without worrying about useless threads such as this one,

If I look at you in the 'wrong way' while you are dining dressed as such are you going to file sexual harassment charges against me or will I merely be blinded similarly as if I saw PATRLR with no pants? :D

Where exactly did I ever express any opinion on jeans in the dining room? I didn't and in fact I said I might be wearing them too. Your mind is clearly overwhelmed and spinning out of control to the point of imagining things that have not been written or implied. Slow down, take a moment to process and comprehend.

Actually you might want to read your posts before committing them. Your complete lack of comprehension makes you sound like the dumb one.

If you don't care why are you posting on this thread?

Talk about dumb.

Unless the rules have defined a process by which a rule can be waived, there is no such thing as waiving the rule. All you have received is permission to enter the dining room. The rule remains the rule, it has not changed. The rule says "no tears", your teenager is wearing tears, your teenager is breaking the rules. The fact that your teenager has permission only means s/he shouldn't be thrown out.

If you don't understand the authority that the hostess has, educate yourself.

We're not responsible for you remedial needs.

The problem with NCL is they operate like divorced parents. They have a agreed set of "corporate rules" (no ripped jeans, no smoking on your balcony, etc.) but the individual ship (custodial parent) only periodically enforces the rules which creates unneeded and ridiculous conflict. Ripped jeans are clearly against the printed rules of most of the dining establishments, however clearly this in not enforced which leads people to constantly break the rules.

I could care less if someone wears whatever jeans to dinner. It is against the rules and not something I would do but if someone else wants to and the ship at the time allows it, it is not going ot ruin my vacation. NCL keeps putting themselves in these situations because it does not uniformly enforce it's own rules.

Smoking dope is illegal in most US states (not including Colorado, etc.) Just because I go to an establishment that allows someone to smoke a joint, does not then make it allowable. It is still against the rules.

Rules are rules and should be enforced as written or changed.

The rules have changed. Dining room hosts and hostesses have been able to allow people to wear all sorts of clothing supposedly "banned" according to what's on the website.

If you can't accept that, your problem is with the website content. By all means, notify management.

Smoking dope is illegal in most US states (not including Colorado, etc.) Just because I go to an establishment that allows someone to smoke a joint, does not then make it allowable. It is still against the rules.

Point of order. It is still illegal in the USA and federal law supersedes state law. But then again I am still blinded by someone with no pants! :cool:

Point of order. It is still illegal in the USA and federal law supersedes state law. But then again I am still blinded by someone with no pants! :cool:

Exactly. Dining room hosts and hostesses should not have the ability to override the documented rules of the corporation.

The problem with NCL is they operate like divorced parents. They have a agreed set of "corporate rules" (no ripped jeans, no smoking on your balcony, etc.) but the individual ship (custodial parent) only periodically enforces the rules which creates unneeded and ridiculous conflict. Ripped jeans are clearly against the printed rules of most of the dining establishments, however clearly this in not enforced which leads people to constantly break the rules.

I could care less if someone wears whatever jeans to dinner. It is against the rules and not something I would do but if someone else wants to and the ship at the time allows it, it is not going ot ruin my vacation. NCL keeps putting themselves in these situations because it does not uniformly enforce it's own rules.

Rules are rules and should be enforced as written or changed.

Rules and laws are not the same.

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-rules-and-laws/

IMHO, I've never understood why someone would feel that they are so special that they should get an exception to a rule, that other must follow, unless there is a medical reason why they can't follow it. I guess on everyone's next cruise, they should start asking for exceptions on the rules they don't want to follow and then pretty soon there will be no rules and everyone can do as they please....works for me.

Edited by NLH Arizona

For me it has nothing to do with what someone wears, as I don't care what they wear. It has to do that there is a rule against ripped/torn jeans. If NCL doesn't want the rule, then they should delete it from their website, because I don't think folks understand why everyone can't get an exception.

BTW, the Fashion Police continued on after Joan Rivers died with her daughter being the host. It was finally cancelled in late 2017, Ms. Rivers died in late 2014..

BTW, the Fashion Police continued on after Joan Rivers died with her daughter being the host. It was finally cancelled in late 2017, Ms. Rivers died in late 2014..

I guess you never saw the show after Joan died but yes the show died when she did. They just made it a slow lingering death, just like this thread.

Geez is this a Holland America thread?, Wow a lot of people don't like the latest and best fashion. These are fashion jeans and the guest in question should be proud to wear them

Fashion doesn't mean appropriate. Jeans slung under your ass are fashion too; doesn't make them right for all occasions.

Fashion doesn't mean appropriate. Jeans slung under your ass are fashion too; doesn't make them right for all occasions.

There is a huge difference between ripped jeans and gang bang jeans, every single clothing line has ads with ripped jeans, markets ripped jeans. It’s apples and oranges.