Princess Room Service.

Russell21

After 4 cruises you would think a bloke would know the answer but we've never used Princess breakfast room service before.

Next trip we are going to order a first thing cuppa, no eats, and were wondering who delivers it, and if it is not our Room Steward does the deliverer expect a tip, and how much?

After 4 cruises you would think a bloke would know the answer but we've never used Princess breakfast room service before.

Next trip we are going to order a first thing cuppa, no eats, and were wondering who delivers it, and if it is not our Room Steward does the deliverer expect a tip, and how much?

Your cuppa will be delivered by someone from room service. No they don't expect a tip but it is up to you if you do tip. The service from our experience is usually very efficient.

Leigh

We use room service a lot, always for breakfast, often during the day for a cuppa and occasionally for dinner but we've never tipped delivery staff directly. We keep a small bowl of sweets that the crew can help themselves to, Easter eggs, chocolate Santas, whatever the occasion but not money.

Those stewards that expect a monetary tip hover, realise they're getting nothing and don't return but there are plenty of others who enjoy a friendly chat, enquiry about their well being, interest in their life and future, their family and loved ones. They come back time and time again and always appear for a hug or two (always at their request) on the final day and many take away a book we've been reading, something small bought in a port, favourite Aussie magnets or a map that they've admired on our walls.

We've also been known to hand over the odd dollar to staff leaving the ship or visiting family at a port of call. I guess it comes down to showing kindness.

• 3 weeks later...

We use Princess room service for breakfast quite often when in warm climates because we enjoy eating on the balcony.  Sometimes we must move the small table from the cabin to the balcony for enough table space, but for us it's worth it.

When you receive your order, you are required to sign acceptance -- and there is a spot for a tip as well.  No need for cash in hand.

52 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

We use Princess room service for breakfast quite often when in warm climates because we enjoy eating on the balcony.  Sometimes we must move the small table from the cabin to the balcony for enough table space, but for us it's worth it.

When you receive your order, you are required to sign acceptance -- and there is a spot for a tip as well.  No need for cash in hand.

We Haven’t had to sign for it for years.

4 hours ago, GloriaF said:

We didn't have to sign for our room service on the Golden Princess earlier in the year. The tray was just handed to us at the door and the waiter went on his way.

Leigh

This is a dual answer-

if you are cruising Princess USA- 100% yes.

If you are cruising Princess Australia- not required.

Carnival brands in Australia reflect Australian customs and culture so no need to tip as service is already covered up front and in wages just like it is everywhere here.👍😎

Of course it’s discretionary and no one will ever turn cash down. 

Personally I don’t tip for anything Australian based but show my gratitude in other ways such as taking the time to leave great feedback for them by name.

On 10/17/2018 at 7:27 PM, cruisin-m said:

This is a dual answer-

if you are cruising Princess USA- 100% yes.

If you are cruising Princess Australia- not required.

Carnival brands in Australia reflect Australian customs and culture so no need to tip as service is already covered up front and in wages just like it is everywhere here.👍😎

Of course it’s discretionary and no one will ever turn cash down. 

Personally I don’t tip for anything Australian based but show my gratitude in other ways such as taking the time to leave great feedback for them by name.

Thanks for the clarification.  I've not cruised Australia yet, coming up in 2020 for me.  Caribbean and European cruises so far.