Bliss or Epic

PrincessEsq

My family and I are debating whether to take a last minute Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Bliss or Epic. The sailaway balconies are about the same price but I’m torn. I’d love the Bliss because it’s a new ship but it seems to get mixed reviews on these boards. My last two cruises were on the Escape and Breakaway.

I may not be that helpful because I have never been on the Bliss and only sailed in the Haven onboard the Epic, but here’s my 2-cents anyway, lol. Among the reasons we did not sail the Bliss to Alaska was that my kids love the sports deck and the Bliss doesn’t have one. Most probably won’t care about that but just throwing it out there. Personally, my family loved the Epic, though I know there are people with strong opinions both ways about that particular ship.

Can’t lose either way!

Choose Bliss as you'd love being on the new ship.

Epic gets as many mixed reviews as any other ship. I enjoyed my cruise on her but looking forward to experiencing Bliss in November.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Never been on Bliss and based on reviews, I'll likely pass. Have been on Epic and had a great time. Staterooms are funky but it didn't matter..we loved our experience. Maybe it was because we were with our family and just loved the time we spent together. There were flaws, don't get me wrong, but nothing's perfect. My adult children and their plus ones (all of us really) had a great time on the water slides and at the bars/entertainment venues. Food was OK...Over all, just a lot of fun.

Never been on Bliss and based on reviews, I'll likely pass. Have been on Epic and had a great time. Staterooms are funky but it didn't matter..we loved our experience. Maybe it was because we were with our family and just loved the time we spent together. There were flaws, don't get me wrong, but nothing's perfect. My adult children and their plus ones (all of us really) had a great time on the water slides and at the bars/entertainment venues. Food was OK...Over all, just a lot of fun.

What if the reviews on the Edge are mixed will you still sail in march?

Took the TA on the Bliss great ship loved it.

Been on the Epic 23 days and love it more.

Now I am booked 45 on the Epic 5 b2b2.

I am solo maybe that makes a different.

But both ships are great.

My family and I are debating whether to take a last minute Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Bliss or Epic. The sailaway balconies are about the same price but I’m torn. I’d love the Bliss because it’s a new ship but it seems to get mixed reviews on these boards. My last two cruises were on the Escape and Breakaway.

Definitely the Bliss.

We have sailed on the Epic 6 times and the Bliss once. If you enjoyed the Escape and BA, you will love the Bliss.

I can't imagine the Bliss is getting more mixed reviews than the Epic! The Epic is definitely a LOVE it or HATE it kind of ship. How did you like the Escape? What did you like about it and what did you dislike about it?

We loved the Escape. We cruised Escape right after NCL switched to the new bidding system so we ended up winning a bid from balcony to a Haven Courtyard. I thought Escape was a great ship. Everything from the crew to activities.

We loved the Escape. We cruised Escape right after NCL switched to the new bidding system so we ended up winning a bid from balcony to a Haven Courtyard. I thought Escape was a great ship. Everything from the crew to activities.

If you like the Escape, I think you will like the Bliss. They are very similar, but many would say the Bliss is an improvement with the addition of the Observation Lounge, Go Kart Track, and Lasertag, as well as better entertainment options. What you "lose" on the Bliss is Picho Tappas Bar, Bayamo, Moderno, the sport court, and it has a slightly smaller thermal spa. One thing to note is that the spa has been moved to the aft of the ship, so it it further away from the Haven. The Garden Cafe is at the front of the ship on the Bliss.

The Epic doesn't appeal to me AT ALL, because of the bathroom layout. I know some people are fine with it, but I just can't get used to it. Also, there are less water views from interior spaces, and everything feels more "enclosed" to me.

Ooh it's a hard one.

The Bliss is a great ship and we liked her. I have recently sailed on the Escape and although similar, I prefer the Bliss, but do I prefer her over the Epic. Well I didn't mind the quirky bathroom layout and I also really liked some of the bars more, also the Spice H2O on the Epic is really good, better than on the Bliss but then there is the Observation Lounge. If I was forced to make a choice I'd probably go with the Epic.

We did choose to sail the Bliss purely because she was a new ship and we'd never done a TA before. We chose the Epic purely on the itinerary which was great. These factors also influence your choice. One thing I will say is not to read too much into reviews, even on here, especially on here. I've read reviews on both ships and can't believe that they are about the same ships we were on. The ships are all excellent in my opinion. It's what you make of them that counts.

Yes, only because I have already paid. I have high hopes for the Edge...hope the reviews don't disappoint.

I suspect that many negative Edge reviews will be from people who do not have Retreat access. It's a new concept for Celebrity and many don't like the fact that they are denied access to parts of the ship. NCL and MSC guests are used to it.:)

For the OP, Bliss....without question.

If you like the Escape, I think you will like the Bliss. They are very similar, but many would say the Bliss is an improvement with the addition of the Observation Lounge, Go Kart Track, and Lasertag, as well as better entertainment options. What you "lose" on the Bliss is Picho Tappas Bar, Bayamo, Moderno, the sport court, and it has a slightly smaller thermal spa. One thing to note is that the spa has been moved to the aft of the ship, so it it further away from the Haven. The Garden Cafe is at the front of the ship on the Bliss.

The Epic doesn't appeal to me AT ALL, because of the bathroom layout. I know some people are fine with it, but I just can't get used to it. Also, there are less water views from interior spaces, and everything feels more "enclosed" to me.

Thanks for all be helpful feedback. We booked the Bliss! Once I showed my mother the bathroom layout on Epic the decision was made for us! LOL!

Good choice. The bathroom layout was so bad. Dh is 260 and could close the door for the toliet room and I needed a step stool to get in the shower. And a sink next to your head in the bedroom. And that was in a mini suite. I looked at the room layouts on the bliss and was happy to see that it was a one ship deal

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Good choice. The bathroom layout was so bad. Dh is 260 and could close the door for the toliet room and I needed a step stool to get in the shower. And a sink next to your head in the bedroom. And that was in a mini suite. I looked at the room layouts on the bliss and was happy to see that it was a one ship deal

I find it amusing that the studio cabins on the Epic have the toilet in a room with real walls and a real door, while all the other cabins have the frosted glass shower-door style "room" around the toilet.