best and worst balcony cabins on equinox

colkeena

2D balcony cabins are obstructed (Google for pictures) 2C balcony cabins are semi-obstructed. On Equinox (which is a Solstice Class ship) all balcony cabins are the same size. Some have larger balconies. Whether you want to be forward, midship or aft or higher or lower decks is up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think one area of balconies I would really avoid are those on deck 6, midship on the port side. Right below that is the smoking section and it can (and will) drift up onto your balcony if someone is smoking right below.

The other areas to avoid are just underneath the pool deck or terrace in the back. I try to stay away from any cabin with a public deck above it ... below it, too, if possible, depending on what is below you.

On deck 6, the 2D cabins will have the tenders come up to the railing of your balcony except for the ones that are midship. 6210 is a good choice, though. Also, there are some cabins with the balcony directly between the boats, so if that is your only option, I would go for one of those. On the same deck, 2C cabins will have the top of the lifeboats come up to the bottom of your balcony, so there is a lot less obstruction, especially if you are seated on your balcony. Towards the very aft of deck 6, there are a few cabins on each side that have larger balconies and your obstruction is the roof of the specialty restaurants from the deck below. You may look at it as an extension to your balcony, although you can't use it as such. It doesn't bother me at all but some people don't like it. Keep in mind there are no aft stairs or elevators on the S Class ships so the closest elevator / stairs are midship if you choose one of these cabins.

Aft facing cabins are wonderful .... mostly in the more expensive categories. They are very popular.

I absolutely love the hump cabins in the middle of the ship .... the ones on the slant have larger balconies and would choose one just aft of the hump due to wind issues that may occur on your sailing. Some people don't like these because you can't see forward or aft, depending on which side of the hump you choose. For a regular sized balcony with full view, the hump cabins in the middle are also quite nice!

PS -- 6240 and 6242 are 2C cabins that have a white noise humming issue. You may love that or hate that ... we love it so will take one of those cabins any day.

There are also a handful of cabins that have window washing equipment blocking your view. These are NOT listed as obstructed, although they should be. I'm sorry but I do not recall the numbers - they were AQ and on a hump (I believe the forward hump cabins if memory serves). You might want to search the boards for posts on that issue. We had one of those cabins and loved the bigger balcony but were very annoyed by the window washing equipment, which hangs down very low so is always smack dab in front of your face when on the balcony.