Cruise critic app

2 minutes ago, 300dtc said:

Does the app no longer work? I tried to log in through it with no luck, but had no problem logging on through the website.

Same here. Keeps flashing connecting to server than back to the login screen.

• Thanks 1

They got rid of the app.  I'm not happy about it, but I can get to the web site with my phone using a web browser.  Unfortunately, I can't get into the boards, keep getting a 403 error.  I've reported it.  We'll see...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZ Karaoke Girl said:

Me too.  Can't log on in my iphone.  I tried removing the app and reinstalling but no success logging in.  Plus I have to keep logging in on my pc each time I visit even though I clicked remember me.  Not happy about these changes.

App functionality has ceased. Tapatalk also no longer works. Everyone now must go through their web browser. Welcome to 1999.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AZ Karaoke Girl said:

Me too.  Can't log on in my iphone.  I tried removing the app and reinstalling but no success logging in.  Plus I have to keep logging in on my pc each time I visit even though I clicked remember me.  Not happy about these changes.

Very inconvenient!

19 hours ago, Blauelini said:

App functionality has ceased. Tapatalk also no longer works. Everyone now must go through their web browser. Welcome to 1999.

I can't even log on thru my web browser.  I've tried many times and no luck.  I'm typing in exactly the same username and password I've used for my computers and it will not accept it.  I even tried using my email address instead of AZ Karaoke Girl for the username and also failed to log on.  My two computers (work & home) work but not my iphone.

Try this: clear your background apps, bring up CC in your phone browser, (don’t log in on main page), click on boards, wait for them to load, and then try to log in with your CC user id and password. 

I tried to login on the main page several times before I tried it this way. I had to try many times before I finally got in on my phone today. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Agree with all of the above. Using a web browser on a fully functional mobile device is absurd. Please provide an updated CC app.

They don't need to make their own app, the CC forums will work just fine with the Tapatalk app if the forum admins will install the updated plug-in. Tapatalk admins have emailed CC admins about how to do this. I truly hope CC admins listen to the myriad of members who at times need to access CC  through an app. This site is not what i would call mobile-friendly regardless of what they say.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, AZ Karaoke Girl said:

I can't even log on thru my web browser.  I've tried many times and no luck.  I'm typing in exactly the same username and password I've used for my computers and it will not accept it.  I even tried using my email address instead of AZ Karaoke Girl for the username and also failed to log on.  My two computers (work & home) work but not my iphone.

I finally got logged in on my iphone thru my web browser.  I'm not sure what changed because it wasn't working through Safari browser originally but it is now and I successfully logged on.

• Like 1

Remember from several years ago, when a common phrase (which became overused and a bit of a joke) was, "there's an app for that"?

Well..there isn't, not any more. 🙄

The latest update from the mods seems to suggest there's a possibility of app support being reintroduced. I really hope so. I won't be live-posting my 14-night cruise embarking next month without app support.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, moopetguy said:

Remember from several years ago, when a common phrase (which became overused and a bit of a joke) was, "there's an app for that"?

Well..there isn't, not any more. 🙄

The latest update from the mods seems to suggest there's a possibility of app support being reintroduced. I really hope so. I won't be live-posting my 14-night cruise embarking next month without app support.

I don’t blame you! But I hope you live post on other social media that supports an app! Unless folks utilized the app, especially, they’re cluesless how easy it was. 

Edited by Got2Cruise
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Unless folks utilized the app, especially, they’re cluesless how easy it was. 

I agree. Most who seem to think no App is not a big issue never used it. I rarely use a laptop anymore and primarily use my phone. The app was so much faster and easier to navigate. Hopefully they will see the light and eventually bring it back.

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

I agree. Most who seem to think no App is not a big issue never used it. I rarely use a laptop anymore and primarily use my phone. The app was so much faster and easier to navigate. Hopefully they will see the light and eventually bring it back.

The app was very well done, I liked being able to use one hand to navigate. I used it almost exclusively unless I was at my desk.

In the new software if you create an activity stream you can follow all your content with one hand on a phone, pictures are real easy to insert, better than before. Text formatting is more powerful. The feature that is a lost was the left and right swipe to move between forums, following. Activity streams are very powerful and easy to customize.