LIVE - Anthem 10/18/18 - We're leafpeepin' ya'll

aring75

I have a confession to make. I'm a terrible packer. No really. Terrible. I've watched the YouTube videos. I've read the tips and tricks. My sister tells me I need a "capsule wardrobe." Ummm, yeah. My capsule wardrobe consists of me walking into my closet and pulling out the clothes I think will fit me. Then gleaning from that what looks like it will fit me at the end of a 9-day cruise. And if ANY of those items happen to match one another, we have victory folks.

Don't judge.

• Haha 2

I am in New England.  We are a week or 2 behind on the leaves changing. You should see some great color.  Just a warning...it’s getting colder up here. Tomorrow is supposed to only be in the 40’s.  I would bring warm clothes and jackets/coats and a hat and gloves if you have any.  Have fun!  

Got up at 4:15am. That hurt. Added some hats and gloves to the carry-on. (Thanks for the heads-up.) Medicated the cat. (He’s old. No, really old. Methuselah old.) Left the instructions for the house/cat sitter. (Do what you want as long as house/cats are still here when we get back. Cats may actually be negotiable.)

848F5710-6472-4F62-88D1-70FE3DEDE8FE.jpeg

4DE03CEE-60A2-4353-93B7-05BCAC562462.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

Got off Anthem 2.5 weeks ago and can't wait to get back on in 5.5 weeks.  I will enjoy reading your live review - I'm sure the weather is going to be very different from what it was a couple of weeks ago.

There was no color at all in September - hope you see lots of beautiful foliage!

Susan

Oh dear- we are doing this cruise next 9/26 .... I was worried about the colours as we may be a bit early. Oh well.....

Looking forward to following this review.  ps: like the kitties!

Edited by little britain

BIL drove us to TPA and we got bags checked and through security with no problems. Mark bought a coffee from the pretzel place and then complained that it wasn’t very good coffee. Nope. Coffee from the coffee place. Pretzels from the pretzel place. Pretty sure it’s a rule or something.

Boarded on time. Excellent. One worry crossed off the list. Pilot expects that we will land at 10:00am. 

3FEBAB6D-3EBA-4DF7-87E7-48B55061C75B.png

05419994-5E35-4765-BFE2-16E195868504.png

• Like 1

Options for breakfast in the first class cabin include a tomato and kale frittata or...Rice Krispies. Yes, Rice Krispies. Keepin’ the FC passengers humble guys. I expect to hear a lot of snapping, crackling, and popping in a few. I’ll be disappointed if I don’t. Of course, I opted for the frittata. With a side of fruit and yogurt. And orange juice. Mmmmm. 

CE1D6945-FD20-470B-8F32-8729F2D86CAD.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Oh dear- we are doing this cruise next 9/26 .... I was worried about the colours as we may be a bit early. Oh well.....

Looking forward to following this review.  ps: like the kitties!

I’ll be on that one too!  Right after the 5 night Bermuda cruise preceding it.  I like two week vacations. 

You just never know what the weather will be like or when the color will start.   But the cruise will be wonderful regardless!

Susan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramja96 said:

OK - curiosity has got the better of me ..... what's in the secret container???

pic.png

Oh yeah! It was salsa to go with the frittata. Tried it, but liked it better without. There was hot sauce though. That was a 👍

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Oh yeah! It was salsa to go with the frittata. Tried it, but liked it better without. There was hot sauce though. That was a 👍

What's a frittata without hot sauce??? No hot sauce and it's just a bad quiche. LOL

Edited by ramja96
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, aring75 said:

Hi ramja96, we are in a regular OV Balcony on Deck 12. From the deck plans it looks like the balcony is slightly angled, but it's not classified as a large balcony so I'm not expecting anything other than a standard run-of-the-mill balcony. And I'm totally fine with that! Just so happy the cruise is finally here. I will take pictures when we board.

We are on the 10/24/19 sailing in 12650 with an odd shaped balcony. Looking forward to following along on your review. 

We did an 11 night from Quebec to NJ a few years back and loved it. Missed Bar Harbor due to Hurricane Sandy so excited for that and Boston which will both be new ports to us. 

Looking forward to reading your review of the ship!  We are going on Anthem in April during Easter week, to Bermuda and Boston. This will our first cruise without our sons since we had them, they’re 11 and 13 but will be 14 and almost 12 when we cruise. Have a wonderful cruise, can’t wait to read all about it.  

I’m sorry if I’m not commenting on each post but I promise I’m reading them! And I’m going to try to look for your requests. I’m posting copies of the Daily Planner. I looked and it lists the movies shown by the pool. Hope this helps!

i-92LnFBn-M.jpg

i-8QQc4LT-M.jpg

Tried to post some pictures last night, but really having trouble with the internet. Hoping it improves. Switched browsers to see if it helps at all. 

Had as a great sunset as we met the Atlantic last night. 

Afterwards, we went for some pre-dinner cocktails in the Schooner Bar. We are Diamond, but we have the beverage package this trip so probably won’t be too worried about using our vouchers. Met a few D/D+ members and chatted though. 

The drink in the front in the grapefruit habanero daiquiri. The one in the back is the Floridita. It had rum, lime and sugar. Both were yummy, but I thought the habanero drink would be a little spicy. It was overwhelmingly grapefruity. 

i-mmjdWHV-M.jpg

We have 8pm traditional seating dinner in the Grande dining room. Last night’s dinner menu. 

19 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

We are on the 10/24/19 sailing in 12650 with an odd shaped balcony. Looking forward to following along on your review. 

We did an 11 night from Quebec to NJ a few years back and loved it. Missed Bar Harbor due to Hurricane Sandy so excited for that and Boston which will both be new ports to us. 

I was in 12650 in December.  Loved the balcony.  The odd shape gives you a lot more space.  

• Like 1