UpLift Pay Monthly- no more bank of america CC?

mcatmcat

As I was looking for prices I noticed you can now pay for the cruise using UpLift Pay Montly I wonder if they are trying to get rid or the Royal Caribbean bank of america credit card 

royal.JPG

Edited by mcatmcat

I think this is just an option for those that need it.  Many places have "payment" plans with big purchases so that you don't tie up a credit card.  I think it's a great idea for people who need it.  This shouldn't have any impact on the bank of America CC because the credit card is revolving credit, and can be used for everything you want.

Why would a person want to make payments assessed with interest when they already have the option of making  payments without any interest assessed to them thru their cruise planner or over the phone?    Unless RCI eventually plans to faze out that feature and moves stricty to an interest charging payment option.    Another reason could be if the interest bearing payment plan does not require an initial deposit.    

Diane

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

As I was looking for prices I noticed you can now pay for the cruise using UpLift Pay Montly I wonder if they are trying to get rid or the Royal Caribbean bank of america credit card 

royal.JPG

After the presence BoA had on President Cruise I'm sure they'll be around for a while

1 hour ago, dmw1952 said:

Why would a person want to make payments assessed with interest when they already have the option of making  payments without any interest assessed to them thru their cruise planner or over the phone?    Unless RCI eventually plans to faze out that feature and moves stricty to an interest charging payment option.    Another reason could be if the interest bearing payment plan does not require an initial deposit.    

Diane

From a sales point you never want o lose a sale because the customer doesn't have the money, so offering financing allows those to "buy now" and know they are buying their vacation without using their credit card.

The economic validity of a method like that escapes some of us as purchasers but if the customer has all high interest credit cards and doesn't want to get hit with a big bill later its a less expensive option than at a higher rate and making payments when they get back

2 hours ago, dmw1952 said:

Diane

Beats me!!!

It isn't any different than someone who pays with a credit card and isn't able to pay the balance in full.  Plus possibly another option for people to just be able to pay for the vacations, especially if they perhaps don't have a credit card they can put it on.  

I'm hearing conspiracy theories!!!!  Look around your town, and see how many places offer this very same service.  My Dentist offers it.  The furniture store offers it.  I bet if you look hard, you will find many places around you, that you don't even notice.  This is a finance company, offering a service, where RCCL gets a cut in the profit.  It's a partnership.  For some people, this is the best way to manage it.  Sure, you can make payments for free, but if you come up with an excuse every month, than maybe this will help. 

Like all services, financial and others, this is just a choice.  I won't do it for 15% interest, but if you said, 12 months, same as cash with credit approval, than I would look at it. 

It's an option. Nobody has to take it, but it may be a good idea for some people. I wouldn't bash Royal for this. The difference between this is that the payments have to be made, and if you use the old method of sending money whenever you feel like it for free, people can say I'll skip it this time, and make it up later. Of course, later never comes and they are stuck with a big bill they didn't want at final payment.