How does my time dining work?

frayedend

I haven't been on RCI for a long time.  I figured out to book all our shows (Harmony in January).  Then I saw I could actually book times for My Time Dining.  I booked them all and checked out.  But my calendar says "at your leisure" for time, not the times I booked.  I'd rather not be required to stick to times I booked since I don't know what we may be doing before dinner.  Any hints or advice?

10 minutes ago, frayedend said:

I haven't been on RCI for a long time.  I figured out to book all our shows (Harmony in January).  Then I saw I could actually book times for My Time Dining.  I booked them all and checked out.  But my calendar says "at your leisure" for time, not the times I booked.  I'd rather not be required to stick to times I booked since I don't know what we may be doing before dinner.  Any hints or advice?

What time was on the email confirmation you got?

11 minutes ago, frayedend said:

You can use your "Order History" to cancel your MTD reservations if you like.

1 minute ago, Scotty G said:

What time was on the email confirmation you got?

The ships which use the Royal IQ app (and maybe others) have this issue where they don't show a time in the overall view of the calendar, but "at your leisure" - if you go into the details of the reservation, it will show the time booked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The ships which use the Royal IQ app (and maybe others) have this issue where they don't show a time in the overall view of the calendar, but "at your leisure" - if you go into the details of the reservation, it will show the time booked.

This seems to be the case on the website as well.  I don't have the app yet.  I guess I'll have to get that.  But I booked different times each night, depending on show times.  You are correct, the details will show the time, but the calendar just says at your leisure.  I think the times will be okay.  I wonder, is it possible to change times each day if something were to come up?  I really shouldn't worry about it.  After all, I've always got to the MDR on past cruises at my fixed time.  

There are two lines for MTD, with reservations, and without. This is the case on Anthem, not sure about other ships. There's usually a line in either case, though generally it moves pretty quickly. I've had good and bad experiences with MTD. 

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Isn't this app only connected when on board a ship? If so how will it help ahead of time?

Because of your advice I have downloaded the App!

Edited by Scotty G
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cb at sea said:

You really don't NEED reservations for "My Time" dining...that's the point....once onboard, if you want a specific time, check with the dining room...they will do their best to make it happen.

Yeah, that's what I thought but when I saw the MTD available for booking times I assumed I had to do it.  Oh well, it will all work out. 

40 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

Isn't this app only connected when on board a ship? If so how will it help ahead of time?

Because of your advice I have downloaded the App!

Yes. It won't help. I was just explaining that the "at you leisure" indication instead of an actual time seems to be mainly on ships which use the app.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes. It won't help. I was just explaining that the "at you leisure" indication instead of an actual time seems to be mainly on ships which use the app.

Is there any word about availability on more ships?

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Development on the Royal IQ app stopped more than two years ago and the RCI app is the only one being deployed to ships now. No chance any other ship will get Royal IQ.

Biker, who tries to stay away from absolutes.

So which app would I use on the Allure? I'm a former Carnival cruiser and I really liked their app last year. We used their texting function quite a bit but from what I've read it sounds like that isn't available?

3 hours ago, FriscoTxMom said:

So which app would I use on the Allure? I'm a former Carnival cruiser and I really liked their app last year. We used their texting function quite a bit but from what I've read it sounds like that isn't available?

The RCI app works on Allure and the chat function (free) within the app is being beta tested. 

• Thanks 1