Help me choose itinerary

boyznme

Celebrity Reflection - 12 nt. Iberian Peninsula
Amsterdam to Barcelona

(Amsterdam/NETHERLANDS, Bruges/(Zeebrugge),BELGIUM, Paris(Le Havre)/FRANCE, Bilbao/SPAIN(overnight),
Lisbon/PORTUGAL, Seville(Cadiz)/SPAIN, Gibraltar/UK, Cartagena/SPAIN, Barcelona/SPAIN

Celebrity Reflection - 12 nt. W. Mediterranean
RT Barcelona

(Barcelona/SPAIN, Valencia/SPAIN, Alicante/SPAIN, Gibraltar/UK, Malaga/SPAIN, Provence(Marseille)/FRANCE,
Nice(Villefranche)/FRANCE, Florence/Pisa(Livorno)/ITALY, Rome(Civitavecchia)/ITALY, Naples/ITALY,
Barcelona/SPAIN

Trying to decide which ports in Spain might be the better of the two...any thoughs/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Both are very nice. Since the one cruise starts in Amsterdam I would take that if you haven't been to Amsterdam and could stay a few days I would also plan to spend a few days in Barcelona either at the start or end of the cruise. Might also consider what perks you would get on each of the cruises as well as transportation costs to see if there is a major difference.

Edited by Orator

There are huge differences between these itineraries.  It is not about one being better but about where you want to travel.   We would lean towards the cruise that goes to both France and Italy....but that is simply because DW and I love to travel in those countries.  But its just personal preference.

Hank

Both cover some of my favorite places in Europe.   Barcelona is one of my favorite cities and definitely would recommend an extra couples days there if at all possible.   Lisbon and Florence (from Livorno) are also favorite places.

Like another poster asked - is this your first trip to Europe?   Or are your working on bucket list places?

In the end, for me, I would do either itinerary with no reservations....

Joe

Both are very good itineraries. Option 1 of AMS-Barcelona allows you to spend a few days prior in Amsterdam which is what we are doing prior to our River Cruise, and a good mix of Euro ports. Bilbao has a fantastic Art Museum and the building is a piece of art also. Cartagena is the homeport of the Spanish Navy. Not a common port of call and loved it. It had a statue honoring the Spanish Sailors lost during the Spanish-American War - kind of weird looking at a memorial of those we killed!!

Option 2 - Barcelona-Barcelona has a real mix of Med ports and we’ve been to them. Malaga had a tour up to the Alhambra in Grenada which was fantastic. A mix of Catholic and Muslim architecture. Loved it. This itinerary also has Livorno and we did the Florence on our own tour and got tickets to enter the art museums we wanted to see. I would plan on staying in Barcelona for a few days before or after if at all possible. Barcelona is our favorite port in the Med (well, except for about a dozen others!). 

You have a great choice of options....either is great and what is so nice, is you can do the other (similar) one on another cruise!

Den

We've just done both of these as a b2b on the Eclipse.  We loved both sailings.  I know that's not much help to you but it's the truth.  One was not better than the other.  Put simply, we loved both.

I have to say we really enjoyed spending a few days in Amsterdam pre cruise and Barcelona post cruise.  They are both great cities with plenty of see and do so perhaps that may help you make a decision.

The Iberian Peninsula cruise is obviously very heavy on Spain with a stop in Bruge, Le Havre and Lisbon where as the Western Med includes Southern France and the coast of Italy.  Have you been to any of these ports before? We selected the Iberian cruise as we had never been to Spain.  The south of France is gorgeous so if you've never been there maybe that could sway you. 

I'm sorry I'm not more helpful in your decision making.  It really is up to you to decide whichever one pulls at you the most. If you can, do a back to back and that way you don't have to choose!!😀