Add DATE to each post. Posts need Date + Tme.

They show only time on posts that just happened today.

If it was in the last week it will say something like "Saturday".

If it's this year it will show "October 1"

If it's older than that it would show "October 1, 2012"

3 hours ago, KathieKata said:

Miss the DATE of my friends posts on the threads in Floataway Lounge. 

Too hard to figure out what DATE somebody posted just from the TIME on them.

Hover over "Posted 1 hour ago" (or whatever it says), and a pop-up will show you the exact date and time of the post.

3 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Hover over "Posted 1 hour ago" (or whatever it says), and a pop-up will show you the exact date and time of the post.

It does show the date and time if you hover.  But the time shown may not be the same time zone you're in.  For example, if I hover over your post, it says it was posted 3 hours ago at 4:15 PM.  In my time zone, 3 hours ago was 12:15 PM.  The website must be showing the time zone where CC's server is located.  In Europe somewhere maybe?

45 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

It does show the date and time if you hover.  But the time shown may not be the same time zone you're in.  For example, if I hover over your post, it says it was posted 3 hours ago at 4:15 PM.  In my time zone, 3 hours ago was 12:15 PM.  The website must be showing the time zone where CC's server is located.  In Europe somewhere maybe?

Yours says posted at 2:37.  Also says 41 minutes ago.  It's 3:20 here, Central Time.  If you are in Central time, it could be based on either of our times.

Edited by bemis12

2 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

Yours says posted at 2:37.  Also says 41 minutes ago.  It's 3:20 here, Central Time.

That's weird.  I posted at 3:37 EDT so that means the hovering is working on your computer.  But on my computer, it's saying I posted at 7:37.  4 hours off.  I wonder if it's a computer setting or a CC glitch.

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

But the time shown may not be the same time zone you're in.  For example, if I hover over your post, it says it was posted 3 hours ago at 4:15 PM.  In my time zone, 3 hours ago was 12:15 PM.  The website must be showing the time zone where CC's server is located.  In Europe somewhere maybe?

I doubt that. I think that CC is based on the east coast, although that's not necessarily where the servers are, of course.

The time stamps show correctly for me. And in the old software, it was possible to change one's time zone manually - but I can't find a way to do that here.

What I wonder, therefore, is whether some people's time zone settings have been corrupted in the data transfer (or possibly were never set in the first place).

FWIW, this post is being made at 2140 (9.40 pm) current London time, 2040 (8.30 pm) GMT.

39 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

I doubt that. I think that CC is based on the east coast, although that's not necessarily where the servers are, of course.

The time stamps show correctly for me. And in the old software, it was possible to change one's time zone manually - but I can't find a way to do that here.

What I wonder, therefore, is whether some people's time zone settings have been corrupted in the data transfer (or possibly were never set in the first place).

FWIW, this post is being made at 2140 (9.40 pm) current London time, 2040 (8.30 pm) GMT.

Yes, I think it must be an account setting somewhere.  I'm on a different computer now with a different browser and when I hover over your post, it says 8:40 (London time).  Well, it's not that important.  I don't pay that much attention to exactly what time people post.  I just like to know the date and that part seems right. :classic_smile:

30 minutes ago, broberts said:

Is it possible that the o/s has the wrong time zone setting?

It appears to be picking up  some unknown location of my device; I am1750 miles from https://www.gps-latitude-longitude.com/gps-coordinates-of-37751-97822

That my be the IP of my home ISP, but not my work ISP where I am.

image.thumb.png.a342cb636c5903c930f64681de831550.png

Just now, AlanF65 said:

It appears to be picking up  some unknown location of my device; I am1750 miles from https://www.gps-latitude-longitude.com/gps-coordinates-of-37751-97822

That my be the IP of my home ISP, but not my work ISP where I am.

image.thumb.png.a342cb636c5903c930f64681de831550.png

Well thats GMT time, its 4:50 PM in Caliifornia yet it says my post was at

image.png.ca757f36494626107b320a12dfc3af68.png

which is GMT

image.png.925b6555052c8f828e79677169d2dda8.png

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

That's interesting, because that was not the time in London when I posted. It was, however, the GMT time.

Sorry, I read your post wrong.  My computer says you posted at 8:40.

Edited by CruisinCrow

52 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

So it looks the "hours ago" posted is correct for local time but the hover over time is GMT of the post time without any adjustment to TZ

Same here.  My computer is showing 4 hours ahead of my time zone (which would be GMT).

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Anyone have a suggestion on how to find it on mobile devices?  Hovering does not work for them. 

That would have to be a feature they would need to add. The issue with hover on a touch device  becomes is 1 tap a hover and 2 a follow link. Maybe the software has a builtin way to show or display without a tap. Maybe the time posted  link could display the hover data.

Just now, CruisinCrow said:

I'm in EDT but both my home and work computers are showing GMT for the post time.  It happens with Chrome and Firefox.

Oops, I can never keep them straight. I too am in EDT.

I just checked my computer and is is properly set to Eastern Time (UTC - 5). Presumably so is yours.

11 hours ago, broberts said:

Oops, I can never keep them straight. I too am in EDT.

I just checked my computer and is is properly set to Eastern Time (UTC - 5). Presumably so is yours.

Yes, I double-checked.  It's not my computer settings.