Add DATE to each post. Posts need Date + Tme.

FWIW, everyone I hover over shows the time in MY time zone.  

17 hours ago, Globaliser said:

FWIW, this post is being made at 2140 (9.40 pm) current London time, 2040 (8.30 pm) GMT.

This post shows as being made at 4:40pm which should be ET.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

I've now stuck a new thread in Bugs and Glitches, so hopefully this one will get added to the "to do" list.

Ideally, we could do with recovering the ability to set our own time zones!

We had the ability before, but mine never worked. I'm not sure what clock my posts were on, but they definitely weren't Eastern Daylight or Eastern Standard.

And just to add to the mix, London has changed from GMT+1 to GMT overnight. But my post at number 8 in this thread is still telling me that it was posted at "Friday at 9:40 PM". By old vBulletin behaviour, it should now already be reading "Friday at 8:40 PM", but CC has always had difficulty making the daylight saving time adjustments on the correct date. So it will be interesting to see what happens to the displayed time when the US catches up next weekend (if the problem hasn't been fixed before then).

Just a lighter note. I am leaving Toronto for Taipei at 1:20 AM on November 4 which is the day that we change the clocks here in North America. However, there are actually two 1:20 AMs. The first is 1:20 AM EDT, then it gets to 2:00 AM EDT and the clock goes back to 1:00 AM EST, so there is another 1:20 AM, this one EST. I called the airline and they had no clue what I was talking about. I had to look at the schedules in the days before and the days after to confirm that this departure is actually at 1:20 AM EDT.

Even more confusing, Tripit on my mobile says I depart at 1:20 AM GMT-5 (which is EST), while Tripit on my desktop says 1:20 EDT with a longer trip showing on the desktop.

:classic_smile:

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

And just to add to the mix, London has changed from GMT+1 to GMT overnight. But my post at number 8 in this thread is still telling me that it was posted at "Friday at 9:40 PM". By old vBulletin behaviour, it should now already be reading "Friday at 8:40 PM", but CC has always had difficulty making the daylight saving time adjustments on the correct date. So it will be interesting to see what happens to the displayed time when the US catches up next weekend (if the problem hasn't been fixed before then).

FWIW, post 8 shows "Posted Friday at 4:40PM" for me.  I'm currently on EDT.