Reduction of taxes after booking?

peterm

I booked a 2020 South America cruise in July  The confirmed price included taxes and port fees of total $ 716.30. Today the same booking shows taxes etc. included = $ 592.42. While the stateroom prices stayed approx. the same, the only difference ($ 123.88) are the reduces taxes and port fees. This amount is the same for all balcony staterooms. My question: Will Celebrity adjust the total for the reduced amount automatically or do I need the ask my TA for an adjustment?

Taxes and port fees are estimated and can and do change. If the taxes and port fees go up you are not charged the additional cost.  In our experience when the actual port fees and taxes are less than we paid the difference has been put on our on board account.  At this point you are quite a long way off from your sailing and in all likelihood the fees and taxes could change again.

above posters are correct.  Actual taxes and port fees will be calculated once the cruise starts.  If they go up, you do not get charged the difference, however if they drop, you will see a OBR refundable on board credit on your account for the difference.  It is way too early to worry about it now..

3 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

above posters are correct.  Actual taxes and port fees will be calculated once the cruise starts.  If they go up, you do not get charged the difference, however if they drop, you will see a OBR refundable on board credit on your account for the difference.  It is way too early to worry about it now..

So why not cancel and rebook to lock in the lower T&F?