inappropriate photo

5 hours ago, jayoldschool said:

Yet one more reason not to have the "Recent Photos" on the right side!  You can't report those, only a post.

Get rid of them!

There is a report image button on them.  You might want to open one before you condemn it. 😇

3 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Yes, on my laptop.

Shows up on mine.  You just have to open the picture.

image.thumb.png.c3f769f4b156f81b560eaa42c9efea7b.png

Interestingly enough, this isn't my picture.  It was added to my Oasis album because I put the settings on allow others to add pictures.  part of a test from the first few days.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Shows up on mine.  You just have to open the picture.

Ah, but there's the rub.  Why should I have to subject myself to a closer viewing of an objectionable picture just to report it?

Count me as among the "take away the NEWEST PHOTOS feature" group.

Just now, Shmoo here said:

Ah, but there's the rub.  Why should I have to subject myself to a closer viewing of an objectionable picture just to report it?

Count me as among the "take away the NEWEST PHOTOS feature" group.

Because that's the way the system works. 

17 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I have no "report image" button on the photos on the right side of the page.

Just don't come on here and say it doesn't work because you have preconceived prejudices against a fun feature. 😉

Loving the new Quoting features, BTW.

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Because that's the way the system works. 

Just don't come on here and say it doesn't work because you have preconceived prejudices against a fun feature. 😉

Loving the new Quoting features, BTW.

I don't see it as a "fun feature". 

As for "preconceived prejudices", I'm not interested in viewing random vacation photos of others.  Since the photo has already been posted in a thread (somewhere) where it has a reason to be, why just post it for thousands of others who don't know the people, the place, or have any wish to see it?

22 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I don't see it as a "fun feature". 

As for "preconceived prejudices", I'm not interested in viewing random vacation photos of others.  Since the photo has already been posted in a thread (somewhere) where it has a reason to be, why just post it for thousands of others who don't know the people, the place, or have any wish to see it?

They are not required to be in a thread.  They are separate albums. Not sure if you can link them to a thread. Seems like a good feature though.  I still think they generally look better than ads

Just now, John&LaLa said:

They are not required to be in a thread.  They are separate albums. Not sure if you can link them to a thread. Seems like a good feature though.  I still think they generally look better than ads

See, I get no ads.  I use an adblocker.

If someone wants to view some random person's vacation photos in an specific album, they can do so.  Why should I (or others who aren't interested) be subjected to them?

Edited by Shmoo here

4 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

If someone wants to view some random person's vacation photos in an specific album, they can do so.  Why should I (or others who aren't interested) be subjected to them?

Won't support site by allowing advertising but wants the site tailored to personal preferences. Hmmm.

7 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Mobile version has no ads anyway.

Doesn't your ad blocker block the pictures?

6 hours ago, broberts said:

Won't support site by allowing advertising but wants the site tailored to personal preferences. Hmmm.

No, just putting my $.02 in.  If some entity wants to put up a site, or change one that's already in use, and enough people who want to use the site don't like specific features they certainly should be allowed to voice such opinions.  If enough people don't (or do) like specific features that can be changed, the group running the site would probably be interested in knowing that information.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mobile version has no ads anyway.

Doesn't your ad blocker block the pictures?

No, ad blocker doesn't block the pictures.

13 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

No, just putting my $.02 in.  If some entity wants to put up a site, or change one that's already in use, and enough people who want to use the site don't like specific features they certainly should be allowed to voice such opinions.  If enough people don't (or do) like specific features that can be changed, the group running the site would probably be interested in knowing that information.

Have you seen any polls on user acceptance of the new version?  I pretty much just check here and the Royal Caribbean threads.  Really haven't seen any.  

I'm all for voicing opinions.  What I don't care for is misinformation by some posters.

FWIW, 40-50 members have created an album so far, some just tests.  Some have created multiples ones.

I have read numerous posts about not liking the feed, but I doubt it's more than 50 individuals complaints yet. 

long way to go

Edited by John&LaLa

I don't mind the "Newest Photos" sidebar. I do believe that the Gallery option that has been added could certainly be better. I also suspect that many would be happier if they weren't forced to see the "Newest Photo" or if there was a way to limit the newest photos to a user-defined selection criteria.

• Like 1

The photos is located here on CC, in the search bar at the top type in MSC Seaside and then to the right there is a button that says photos.  Then on the left there is a table of contents click on the Cabins-member photos.  I don't want to repost the photo but cant believe there is no where to report it.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:09 PM, bEwAbG said:

First you should tell us where it is so we can laugh

The photos is located here on CC, in the search bar at the top type in MSC Seaside and then to the right there is a button that says photos.  Then on the left there is a table of contents click on the Cabins-member photos.