Yacht Club Suite with a regular Suite

nednrom

My husband and I have booked a yacht club deluxe suite on the Meraviglia, my sister and her partner would like to join us on the cruise but she likes the suite with the whirlpool.  Since I have never sailed with MSC before, please help me understand MSC --

1. Do the suites have priority embarkation and if not, can they embark with us as our guest?

2. We will be going at Christmas time - how crowded does the pool deck on the yacht club get and would there be a lot of kids?

3. How dressy is the yacht club restaurant?  We dress up for elegant nights but are pretty casual other nights, there have been times we've been to dining room with dressy shorts or capri pants  and a nice polo shirt or top. (no flip flops/tank tops or that kind of outfit).  Is that acceptable - we will be on a Caribbean cruise.

4. We plan on eating at some specialty restaurants and I understand that they can't come with us to the yacht club restaurant but can we dine in the MDR with them?

5. Finally, which one would you choose and why?

1 minute ago, nednrom said:

My husband and I have booked a yacht club deluxe suite on the Meraviglia, my sister and her partner would like to join us on the cruise but she likes the suite with the whirlpool.  Since I have never sailed with MSC before, please help me understand MSC --

1. Do the suites have priority embarkation and if not, can they embark with us as our guest?

2. We will be going at Christmas time - how crowded does the pool deck on the yacht club get and would there be a lot of kids?

3. How dressy is the yacht club restaurant?  We dress up for elegant nights but are pretty casual other nights, there have been times we've been to dining room with dressy shorts or capri pants  and a nice polo shirt or top. (no flip flops/tank tops or that kind of outfit).  Is that acceptable - we will be on a Caribbean cruise.

4. We plan on eating at some specialty restaurants and I understand that they can't come with us to the yacht club restaurant but can we dine in the MDR with them?

They can't embark with you because you will be in different areas. The YC pool area is never that crowded. YC  restaurant is casual on non gala nights. No you can't eat with them in the MDR. YC is the way to go by far.

3 hours ago, nednrom said:

The answer to this question is no but...

Since your syster will have "my time dining" (or whatever MSC call it) it might be possible for the concierge to arrange it, ask. Another option can be that they for a fee might be able to eat with you in the Yacht Club restaurant, ask.

3 hours ago, nednrom said:

I'm not sure that the adress code really changes but Caribbean cruises are more relaxed than cruises in Europe so dressy shorts is probably okay.

In Europe last year people were asked to change when they arrived to the YC in shorts for dinner. 

If this is for the Xmas cruise 2019 the Royal suites are booked as are almost all the corner front suites with whirlpool bath, we have one on deck 12.

I doubt you would be able to eat in the MDR with them as seating is allocated to cabins.

35 minutes ago, plucasana said:

Great video thank you!! If it is your video could you tell me if they did honour your request for a table on the balcony??

Not my video. I've yet to sail Meraviglia. I was in the Royal Suite on Seaside and the table was installed on the balcony about 6 weeks before I got there.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

11 hours ago, nednrom said:

good day

so, IMO, i would not book separate categories - you are paying for YC cabin and you will miss out so much if you conform to your sisters booking - no, they cannot board with you, - yes you can dine with them, but again you are missing the fabulous YC dining experience - IMO if you are not going to utilize all the benefits of the YC, then i would just book both cabins in the Aurea Experience - again, this is just my opinion..

On NCL, which I have cruised often, I was in the Haven when some family and friends were not.  It was pretty doable.  We would either meet up after meals or we would dine with them in the MDR.  

My first MSC cruise will be on Seaside in YC in May.  All of my research has led me to conclude that it is not as simple on MSC.  You will not be able to dine in the MDR, unless you get permission to.  

My thoughts are, the YC area is much more likely to be a place I will hang out in the daytime.  The topsail lounge is a great place to go after dinner.   You would not be able to extend these common areas to your sister.  And, it would be disappointing to deprive yourself of the peace and serenity compared to the crowded pool deck and other venues outside the YC. 

I think quite a few people do this.

We've spent 5 weeks in the YC on the Divina and the Seaside.

Each time as far as we're aware all cabins were booked.

However, most people seem to only use it for dining.

During the day there would be not a single other passenger but me and my wife in the lounge. Most of the time the pool area is very lightly used outside of breakfast/lunch. Everybody showed up for the Captain's cocktail though.

I'm guessing a lot of people hang out with the rest of their group outside the YC, at the pool or whatever.

I think it's great because most of the time it's like you have a private YC to yourself.

Good decision !  Your sister and her partner will love the YC.  They can relax in one of the whirlpool baths on deck 19.  We had a Aurea Suite booked on Seaview last September and switched to YC after reading the reviews on CC. That was the right thing to do, we enjoyed the YC atmosphere and perks the minute we arrived at the port in Genoa.

• Like 1