Captain's Circle Question

garrd404

2 hours ago, shepp said:

They've never checked my cruise card, but they always take each individual's invitation at the door. (I don't know how that works for most married couples, as my husband and I have different surnames and each get an invite.) I don't even know if "He's my husband" would get someone without an invite through, though I can't realistically imagine it wouldn't. Still,  I can't imagine anyone would be so desperate for a free drink and mediocre hors d'oeuvres that they'd try and sleaze in.

I haven't been to that event in years!!  We do however sometimes partake in the lounge with snacks and some discounted drinks.  The drink options have recently changed. We don't mind going when it works with our schedule and we like the snack offering

9 hours ago, Haboob said:

...and conversely, boarding in Los Angeles last year with priority, we noticed 10-15 folks lined up in

the priority line at checkin, and no line over in "steerage".  Guess which way we went.  🙂

Probably because the Platinum and Elites are traveling with newbies who board with them. We are not the first ones at port with our nose pressed against the door. We arrive a bit later after boarding has started and there is no line no matter what cruise line we book.

1 hour ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Shepp-we’re taking about different parties.  For the nightly cocktail parties, you don’t show your invitation because you don’t get one.  You get a card listing every night’s special.  That’s what I was talking about.

Youre talking about the repeaters’ party.  That comes with an invitation that you turn in at the door.  🙂

Point taken. The OP referred to "the Captain's Circle cocktail party," which I took to be different from "the Platinum/Elite Lounge." On the other hand, I've never/next to never had my card checked for entry to the lounge.

3 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Also, whenever I've gone to the Plat/Elite cocktail party, they have checked your card as you entered and if you weren't at either one of those levels, you were turned away.  Guess it's another thing that varies.

On the other hand, I have never been asked to show my cruise card on any ship when going to the Plat/elite/Suite nightly getogether.

5 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

No wonder the Platinum/Elite/Suite area gets so packed!  Ridiculous.  It shouldn't be that way.  I can see one person, but 12?! :classic_blink:

Also, whenever I've gone to the Plat/Elite cocktail party, they have checked your card as you entered and if you weren't at either one of those levels, you were turned away.  Guess it's another thing that varies.

Suite occupants can also attend the PES function, even if, as I was in 2016, a Blue Card holder on their first cruise. And I'm HOOKED! 2nd actual cruise in the planning, and counting down the days!

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:12 AM, caribill said:

On the other hand, I have never been asked to show my cruise card on any ship when going to the Plat/elite/Suite nightly getogether.

We certainly were asked the first couple of nights until they staff recognized us. This was on the Royal, earlier this year.