New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

17 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I didn’t realize there would be assigned reservation times.  North Star at 10:15 a.m. sounds great, but I would have a problem doing iFly at 6:40 p.m.  I wonder if those times can be changed?

I doubt it.  I figure they are giving Key a lot of times that were previously under utilized.  

JC

2 hours ago, Ivana Cruise said:

I’m on The Anthem now with The Key. There was a three hour delay of the ship arriving, the port was a mad house. We walked right up to the counter. We were the first ones let on the ship. We headed right to the theater to drop off our carry on’s where they gave us a wrist band that says The Key for today only till we get our Seapass card. We are now finishing our Chops lunch. The restaurant is full now but empty when we got here. 

YES!  Thank you for this!  I'm the Jan. 26 sailing on Anthem right after you with the Key!  Thanks for sharing the paper - went in and re-made our show reservations for the times we want (based on fine print, I didn't think I needed reservations)!  Whew!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting as we’re on the Anthem in March.  My husband will probably be disappointed if the flowrider is closed for key members when he enjoys riding in the evening, but since we’re bringing our kids we just can’t justify the cost of 4 people in a cabin for 12 nights x $20usd.  On previous cruise compasses it was stand-up surfing that got those times but oh well, we will be on vacation so need to stay positive!

Edited by Pianogrl44

19 minutes ago, Pianogrl44 said:

Thanks for posting as we’re on the Anthem in March.  My husband will probably be disappointed if the flowrider is closed for key members when he enjoys riding in the evening, but since we’re bringing our kids we just can’t justify the cost of 4 people in a cabin for 12 nights x $20usd.  On previous cruise compasses it was stand-up surfing that got those times but oh well, we will be on vacation so need to stay positive!

I bet they will have a couple of evenings or at least one for the non-key people.  Another option for you that is cheaper than the key....  get 4 or 5 people and book an hour on one evening.  Although, someone mentioned they booked the key for the adults but not the children, at least I thought someone posted that.  

JC

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

So only one block of IFly and Northstar the entire cruise? That's just like anyone else without the Key :classic_sad:

I had already made reservations for both so I’m curious if I’m going to be able to do them twice. Once with my reservation and once with Key reservation?

1 hour ago, Ivana Cruise said:

I had already made reservations for both so I’m curious if I’m going to be able to do them twice. Once with my reservation and once with Key reservation?

Ah ok. I'm on Ovation in May and would like to have an idea as I'd like to do both more than once. I would be grateful if you could report back with how this went for you. Thank you and have a great cruise :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

What's interesting is I usually show up at 11 anyway. Aside from the one time they had issues at port and it took close to 4 hours, I have never had to wait what I thought was a crazy amount of time.

I like to be on early and I also like to escape my moms as early as I can lol. 

12 hours ago, coasterj said:

wondering what people think of the priority boarding situation with this. Also curious about how it relates to the crown club do the key people board before them? 

The Key folks board right after suites/pins - so if you are D+ and below, maybe an extra 50 people in front of you and an extra 5 minute wait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivana Cruise said:

We boarded first on Anthem yesterday. Before anyone else. 

Thanks for posting a copy of the priority debarkation letter.  I have been curious about that.

What time did you get to the port?  Did you have long to wait before being called to board?

So the letter says ,make reservations. My booking says no reservations needed. My 90 day is fast approaching, I was unconcerned about it bc I felt I needed to make no reservations... except for the escape room. Do I now need to figure out and make show times? I bought it for my 3 day on Harmony and my 7 day on Symphony.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

So the letter says ,make reservations. My booking says no reservations needed. My 90 day is fast approaching, I was unconcerned about it bc I felt I needed to make no reservations... except for the escape room. Do I now need to figure out and make show times? I bought it for my 3 day on Harmony and my 7 day on Symphony.

I'm also wondering about the need to make reservations. One of the reasons I booked the Key was so I wouldn't have to go online and book everything. I'm also on the Symphony. Hopefully someone will clarify this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I'm also wondering about the need to make reservations. One of the reasons I booked the Key was so I wouldn't have to go online and book everything. I'm also on the Symphony. Hopefully someone will clarify this.

Yes, this was the main selling point for me as well. There seems to be two types of benefits for the Key, no reservations and designated area WITH reservations required. Like either bag drop off OR early cabin access. Probably depends on the ship.

would LOVE to get confirmation on the Key “no reservations required “ and how it really works 

• Like 1

I was wondering as well regarding reserving of shows, I already had my shows reserved prior to booking the Key but was told by the RCCL rep that no reservations were needed and we could enter all the shows if we liked .Also when I go on my cruise planner it does say the same, see below highlighted in red. This is for the Allure March 10th do not know if all ships are the same. I will bring a copy with me on my cruise just in case.

OVERVIEW
Introducing The Key, your premier entry to exclusive and special amenities during your vacation. Start your cruise worry-free with priority check-in and boarding. Once onboard, you’ll have the benefit of a personal drop-off service that delivers your carry-on bags directly to your stateroom. Follow it up with an exclusive welcome lunch at Chops Grille® when you arrive. Fit more into your vacation than ever before with private hours per day at onboard activities, including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more.

Start your day off right with priority port of call debarkation. Then score the best seats in the house for our onboard shows. Share it all in real time with VOOM® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet package. End your adventure at your own pace with an exclusive a la carte breakfast and choice debarkation.

Summary of your benefits: 
• Priority check-in and boarding. Upon your arrival at the terminal, follow The Key check-in signage to your designated waiting area. 
• Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off located in main theater onboard and available until 1:30pm. Up to 2 carry-on bags per guest. 
• Exclusive embarkation lunch at Chops Grille® - seating from 11:30am – 1:30pm. 
• Private hours at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more. The private hours schedule will be provided at check-in. 
• Priority port of call debarkation. 
Reserved priority seating at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater and Studio B. No reservations required pre-cruise or onboard. 
• VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet. 
• Choice debarkation with exclusive A La Carte breakfast from 6:30 am – 9:00 am.

* When you receive your SeaPass card, it will have an icon confirming your purchase of The Key. The Key must be purchased prior to sailing by each guest age 6 or older assigned to the same stateroom.

Additional Terms & Conditions apply.

• Like 2