New Program called "The Key"

ValerieJo

42 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

The problem is everybody else needs to subsidize your willingness to trump them for a few extra $🙄

So your "selfishness" has impact on everybody else... 👎

So you feel the same about anyone that books a higher category than you?? They want a better/bigger experience and you judge them for that? I’m paying for this “luxury” that’s offered. You could too but you CHOOSE not too. Not sure how that makes anyone in a category above you “selfish”?! 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

So you feel the same about anyone that books a higher category than you?? They want a better/bigger experience and you judge them for that? I’m paying for this “luxury” that’s offered. You could too but you CHOOSE not too. Not sure how that makes anyone in a category above you “selfish”?! 

Come on negative people. It's possibly only 100 people who purchase the Key on ships that carry many thousands of passengers. How exactly is that going to adversely affect your cruise experience? I think that with any new idea there will be lots of controversy and in no time the program will be accepted as just another added perk that you can purchase or not.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, molly361 said:

How do you get thru security using the suite/pinnacle line if you purchased the Key if it does not show up on your set sail pass?  Do you show your printed confirmation or do they have a list of how has signed up.  I don't recall the man monitoring the suite line last month holding any type of paperwork

I read somewhere (on this thread?) that when you arrive at the port you just tell them you have purchased the Key and they will take you or direct you to the correct area and they will confirm your purchase there and proceed checking you in. Taking your printed confirmation with you is probably a good idea. When we sail Carnival and use Faster to the Fun there has been a designated line and sign directing you to where to go. It will be really great when we start getting first hand reviews of how this program is working-lots of questions will be answered😄

On 1/19/2019 at 8:45 PM, ptod said:

Thanks for posting a copy of the priority debarkation letter.  I have been curious about that.

What time did you get to the port?  Did you have long to wait before being called to board?

The port was a mess because the boat was late. They didn’t start boarding till 12pm. We had to wait outside in line until 11 am when they finally started letting cars drop off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Come on negative people. It's possibly only 100 people who purchase the Key on ships that carry many thousands of passengers. How exactly is that going to adversely affect your cruise experience? I think that with any new idea there will be lots of controversy and in no time the program will be accepted as just another added perk that you can purchase or not.

I was responding to another post about Keyholders being “selfish”. I don’t understand the negative mindset. You don’t like it?! Don’t buy it. It’s 100 people in 6,500 that have it. Relax and enjoy your cruise. 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

How do you get thru security using the suite/pinnacle line if you purchased the Key if it does not show up on your set sail pass?  Do you show your printed confirmation or do they have a list of how has signed up.  I don't recall the man monitoring the suite line last month holding any type of paperwork

We just said we have the key and they directed us to the line. They had a list of people who purchased it at the counter. 

Well I was only able to purchase the key for myself for our Feb. Marnier cruise.  It would not allow me to purchase for my wife in the same cabin.  Now it shows to check on board.  I really only wanted it for myself for extra flow rider time.  I guess we will see how this works out.

2 hours ago, rpnance said:

Well I was only able to purchase the key for myself for our Feb. Marnier cruise.  It would not allow me to purchase for my wife in the same cabin.  Now it shows to check on board.  I really only wanted it for myself for extra flow rider time.  I guess we will see how this works out.

That would imply there is an absolute cap and that it is sold out.  Interesting.

jc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will someone estimate the revenue in a year if 100 people bought the key for each ship?

Just thinking how happy all this is making RCL.

P.S.   do not blame anyone for buying it for the extra perks.  

But how many of those people would have purchased wifi? It's not 100% new revenue.

• Like 1

Hopefully you will get it once on board.

And if you do get The Key,  bonus that you only have to pay for just yourself and not your wife, since only you would want it for flowrider time. Saves a few extra bucks.  

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

That would imply there is an absolute cap and that it is sold out.  Interesting.

Maybe, maybe not - I was able to go through the purchase process without buying for both in the cabin - so the policy is that all in the cabin over 6 must buy, but it seems the web site is not enforcing that.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe, maybe not - I was able to go through the purchase process without buying for both in the cabin - so the policy is that all in the cabin over 6 must buy, but it seems the web site is not enforcing that.

I am wondering if they can enforce that once on  the ship.

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It'll probably take 6 months to a year for Royal's IT dept to fix the glitch. In the meantime, people will get used to the idea of purchasing The Key for just one person in a cabin.

Then, when the glitch is fixed and the rule finally enforced, expect CC to be flooded with complaints of the "new"  money-grabbing scam by Royal.:classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

As far as I know, you can't buy Key on the ship and I have a hard time seeing the ship force a purchase on anyone.

I would hope they can not force a purchase on you when on board, but it does state everyone in the cabin over six has to purchase, wondering if they can make you give up the purchase if you do not purchase for all in the cabin, also in one of the prior post they did say sold out on line check on board, I have questioned this with the cabanas at Labadee  (sold out on line check on board) the agent said that they only sell so many on line and hold some for guest if they want to purchase when they get on the ship, makes no sense to me as why not sell everything available.

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

It'll probably take 6 months to a year for Royal's IT dept to fix the glitch. In the meantime, people will get used to the idea of purchasing The Key for just one person in a cabin.

Then, when the glitch is fixed and the rule finally enforced, expect CC to be flooded with complaints of the "new"  money-grabbing scam by Royal.:classic_biggrin:

Forgive the geek here.. since i already purchased one I cannot test this.. Can someone try?  Maybe the site will only allow this if only one key is available?  I mean, its an if/then statement, kinda.  

lol sorry.  

Well, I’ve just bought this for us for our July Harmony cruise. It was a bit of a no brainer for me as I was already going to get us the WiFi each, and for a few pounds more we could get this. As we have never seen any of the shows or even been on a oasis class ship it seems worth it for us.

23 minutes ago, ZandZ said:

Forgive the geek here.. since i already purchased one I cannot test this.. Can someone try?  Maybe the site will only allow this if only one key is available?  I mean, its an if/then statement, kinda.  

lol sorry.  

It would be interesting to see what happens but first, someone would need to know if their cruise had already sold 99 Keys and only one was left.  Unfortunately, that information is  not readily accessible. Unlike booking a hotel room thru certain online booking sites that seems to always have a big, red, flashing message "Only 2 rooms left"!!

Edited by HBE4

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It would be interesting to see what happens but first, someone would need to know if their cruise had already sold 99 Keys and only one was left.  Unfortunately, that information is readily accessible. Unlike booking a hotel room thru certain online booking sites that seems to always have a big, red, flashing message "Only 2 rooms left"!!

yeah we will never know.  :)  Also, i am sure its not 100 on each, I am sure they would calculate based on number of passengers.  

10 minutes ago, ZandZ said:

yeah we will never know.  🙂 Also, i am sure its not 100 on each, I am sure they would calculate based on number of passengers.  

Sorry, i meant to say the amount of Key's remaining was NOT readily accessible. I changed my post but i think you knew meant. 🙂

And you bring up a good point, it's been said that the maximum cap is 100 for Key, does't mean every ship will have 100 to sell. Could be less on the smaller ships.