LIVE BLOG! ECLIPSE 11/10 -12/09/18 Med and TA

h20cruzer

Apparently there were going to be big demonstrations in Barcelona today and some roads would be closed from 11-2 we scurried to get cab and were at the pier and onto the ship in less than 10 minutes. Off to cafe al bacio for coffee, then onto Sushi on 5 for lunch, dropped our carryon bags at the cabin, then onto the Martini Bar where on of our old friends Gede is working. Now headed to the awful lifeboat drill. Looks like uploading picture is not cooperating with me know, will post when available.

Stir unable to post pictures going to the ilounge to see if they can help.

Had a nice time at the CC meeting, lots of people attended. They has some sparkling wine mimosas coffe tea and some pastries. The Hotel Director Jamie spoke as well as the cruise director.

Tonight is chic night.

Norma

My wife and I will be joining you on the TA. We are flying Air France to Barcelona and I’m wondering why it might have taken so long to get thru the airport?

Thanks for taking the time to do this blog. 

Neil

5 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I can recommend Gilly and the Girl, the acoustic duo on board - they are excellent.  On our cruise a few weeks ago they did a James Taylor/Carole King tribute in Celebrity Central, which was a ‘standing room only show’ and it was wonderful.

Sounds wonderful I will check it out.

Norma

After the CC gathering we headed back to Cafe Al Bacio. The guy and gal that wait on up already know what we want and know are names!!! 

I headed back to the cabin for a shower and nap, Liesa wasnt far  behind. That nap was like heaven as neither of us slept good at our hotel in Barcelona.

Thry had a beautiful service in the main showroom for remberence day or as Americans call it Veterans Day. Since we missed lunch with our nap I ordered room service on the TV.  I did not realize how much time had passed since I was playing a game on my iPad. I called room service and asked him how much longer till our food comes. The girl had to call me back which she did in about five minutes and said oh we have a problem with our computer system and we didn’t get your order do you still want the food I said well how long will it be she said about 20 minutes I said yes we still want to food. 45 minutes goes by no food I’m just about ready to pick up the phone and called to see what’s going on and the knock on the door Came and it was our food. Not two minutes later someone calls and says how was your lunch I said we only have had the food for two minutes we haven’t even eaten yet did you get everything you ordered that I said were short one Ice-T the gal was very nice and said I’ll send another one down and I said no don’t bother because one ice tea is enough at this point. I have always ordered  room service on the TV and never had this issue we were not in a hurry and it really didn’t cause a problem for us but we were kind of surprise that there was a kink in the system. 

We had planned on meeting at the martini bar at 6 PM for a cocktail however I left the cabin at 5:30 and stopped at the World Class  bar for a drink, both the bartenders there are very knowledgeable and friendly. I had some conversations with the other customers at the bar  and everyone seemed to love the drinks. At 6 o’clock I moved onto the martini bar and met up with my friends Marlene and Liesa. The bartenders there are so accommodating friendly and  Professional . We met 2 other couples and had a very good time.

it was time to eat, but we were not sure where we wanted to eat, so Liesa went to the Tuscan Griil and to Our surprise they were able to accommodate the three of us for dinner at the time that Liesa went down there. Our waiter was from Peru and 

Very personable. We had a great meal but unfortunately it was so good I forgot to take pictures again I could just bang myself on the head for forgetting. I never forget to take pictures of food I don’t know what’s gotten into me. For appetizers Liesa had the Calamari and Marlene and I had the Carpicco, I have a Caesar salad and Marlene had the arugula salad both were good . For the main course Lisa had the ribeye Marlene had the branzino and I have the veal. All were excellent. When dinner was complete Marlene had a cappuccino Lisa had a espresso and I was full. We left the Tuscan Grille Lisa and Marlene went to the martini bar for a nightcap and I came back to work on my blog. I’m hoping to be able to post some pictures of tomorrow’s newsletter my fingers are crossed. If anyone has any questions I’d be more Thsnhappy to answer them.

Norma

• Haha 1

My husband and I  just got back last week from the Reflection TA - great sail!  I was on the lookout for you and Leisa as I was hoping we'd run  into you!  Congrats on retirement!!

We are signed up to do next year's Reflection TA and hope to see you onboard!

Anna Marie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lienf said:

My wife and I will be joining you on the TA. We are flying Air France to Barcelona and I’m wondering why it might have taken so long to get thru the airport?

Thanks for taking the time to do this blog. 

Neil

You will have to go through customs and immigration however that did not take long at all there were no lines only went through the airport it is quite a ways from the gate to that area and then to pick up your luggage. I went outside and was able to catch a cab within two minutes. It was about 15 minutes to get into the city to my hotel hope this helps if you have any questions let me know.

Norma

15 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Ugh not letting me post more than on pic at a time.

Wow.. .I've been posting a bunch at once from my iPhone.   Once in awhile it will only allow me one but if I do a refresh of the page it is back to normal.

• Like 1

Norma, thanks for doing this blog. We are doing a B2B on Eclipse in March 2019 from Buenos Aires to San Diego and have not cruised on Eclipse before. Our cruise critic roll call has planned a lot of private tours and need two meeting places for 2 groups of 50-60 people each. We think the Martini Bar is one good location, and are also considering the Passport Bar on Deck 3 on the other side of the ship from Guest Relations. However, we are concerned that area may be too busy when the ship docks and during the time we get the all clear to leave the ship.

We typically meet for the tours at the time the ship docks and leave as soon as we get the all clear. We are concerned about the following and hope you will be able to help us understand how things work upon arrival in each port:

1. Do people disembark from the ship near the Passport Bar on Deck 3? If not, where do they disembark (deck and approximate location)?

2. Is the Passport Bar crowded during the time about 15 minutes before the ship docks and 30 minutes after? If not, then it would seem to be a good meeting place for one of our private tour meeting groups of 50-60 people.

3. If the Passport Bar does not make sense as a meeting place, can you suggest another location (in addition to the Martini Bar) that would work for 50-60 people.

Any information that you can share on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill