Carnival Triumph "Sinks"

CodyMiles1994

A friend of mine who is a big fan of another cruise line told me about this. I went to Google & nothing came up so I asked for a link. Turns out he says it may have been fake news 🙄

Edited by Drose716

8 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

The fact is, whoever shared and BELIEVED this story didn't even read the page they were on. It even says at the very bottom...

ha.PNG

I don't think the author of this knows the definition of "entertainment" or "humorous joke".

If you click on the "Home" button, it takes you to where you too can type up a hilarious fake news story to share on Facebook and prank your all friends! Wakka Wakka Wakka!

This is why I really wish people would not use Facebook as their news source .  

When such an obviously false post gets re-posted so many times, it is no wonder that a more professionally prepared one can fool even more posters.  I'll bet there are hundreds of thousands, millions even,  of social media users who haven't even realized that many of their previous "likes" or re-postings were totally fake.  

While anyone who took a second to research this would know it's fake news I was horrified when this popped up on my phone late last night. My son, his wife and her family are all on the Triumph right now. Trust me this will get your attention. Sure I was able to quickly google this to find it to be fake but for those 20 second or so it was not funny. Then my wife got up early this morning and spotted this before I had told her. She tried to hold back tears while double checking to see if it was true. I am very unhappy that someone would post something like this. 

3 hours ago, Stldan said:

While anyone who took a second to research this would know it's fake news I was horrified when this popped up on my phone late last night. My son, his wife and her family are all on the Triumph right now. Trust me this will get your attention. Sure I was able to quickly google this to find it to be fake but for those 20 second or so it was not funny. Then my wife got up early this morning and spotted this before I had told her. She tried to hold back tears while double checking to see if it was true. I am very unhappy that someone would post something like this. 

seriously, you are on the ship and are nervous the ship sunk 3 days ago?  One more time, seriously? Pretty sure you would have got the memo by now. While I understand you were not aboard, the ship was clearly not Carnival, and the website is a joke

Edited by coevan

4 minutes ago, coevan said:

seriously, you are on the ship and are nervous the ship sunk 3 days ago?  One more time, seriously? Pretty sure you would have got the memo by now.

Read again. They aren’t on the ship. Their family is on the ship. Of course the ship was docked in New Orleans when it allegedly sunk in Mexico.

Edited by Saint Greg

15 minutes ago, coevan said:

I corrected the omission 

I think it’s understandable. If your kid was on day 2 of a triumph cruise and it pops up on your phone “triumph sinks.” You might be a little concerned before reading the full article, analyzing the picture, searching google, etc.

its a good reason to not use Facebook as a news source. I get sent all kinds of fake articles from my mom who falls for them.

Edited by Saint Greg

People should be smart enough to see a sensational story and take a few minutes to research it.  I think that one reason we see people do the opposite is that social media has created this culture where some people just have to be the first to post something. They want those likes and shares. I've seen this particulaar story pop up in every FB cruise group I'm in. In many of the groups it's been posted multiple times because people can't be bothered to even do that simple of a search. Many of the ones that do this then get defensive when called out for being the umpteenth person to post it in the past couple of days, citing the "importance" of the story as their reason for not checking it out first.