Pursuit- forget the negatives honestly!

uktog

• 2 weeks later...

We were just off the Bliss 14 day Panama Canal cruise and bumped in to a couple who just sailed the Pursuit.

They had nothing but positive comments, we'll be looking at her next year for a possible cruise.

Our last was '12 on the Journey.

Edited by need2cruisesoon

We’ve been aboard Pursuit since Barcelona on 6 November and, from my perspective, she is remarkably on par with her sister ships, especially when considering that they have had an 11-year head start on her. Turnaround day in Miami on 20 November was a BIG day for her, as she underwent her initial regulatory U.S. inspections from Coast Guard and Public Health. I’ve been told that she passed both with flying colors, even earning a score of 96 from PH. Quite a feather in the cap for her and the crew and, more importantly, it should serve as an affirmation that she is ready to go for those that are still considering whether or not to sail on her.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CA Oceanfront said:

We’ve been aboard Pursuit since Barcelona on 6 November and, from my perspective, she is remarkably on par with her sister ships, especially when considering that they have had an 11-year head start on her. Turnaround day in Miami on 20 November was a BIG day for her, as she underwent her initial regulatory U.S. inspections from Coast Guard and Public Health. I’ve been told that she passed both with flying colors, even earning a score of 96 from PH. Quite a feather in the cap for her and the crew and, more importantly, it should serve as an affirmation that she is ready to go for those that are still considering whether or not to sail on her.

Thank you and others!  A maybe silly question- do the rooms include laundry bags? I understand there is self-service laundry ( wonderful!) but wonder if I should pack a small laundry bag. 

3 hours ago, Whistlerski said:

Thank you and others!  A maybe silly question- do the rooms include laundry bags? I understand there is self-service laundry ( wonderful!) but wonder if I should pack a small laundry bag. 

Yes, there is a laundry bag. Also on many cruises there will be an offer of a set price ($40) for a bag of laundry - it’s amazing how much you can get into the bag!

12 hours ago, Whistlerski said:

There is a small laundry bag for sending out laundry.

If you plan to use the self service laundry, you should pack a small bag, we wished we did. They do supply laundry pods (unscented) for the machInes.

11 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, there is a laundry bag. Also on many cruises there will be an offer of a set price ($40) for a bag of laundry - it’s amazing how much you can get into the bag!

So far no specials this cruise 

My overall impression of Pursuit was also extremely positive. The Den is a great space and very popular early evening. All is well at the Pool with four tables by the bar and the new cushions very comfortable. Service was always friendly and genuine. The overall decor modern and classy. Both specialities have a much improved feel. The new layout in the Living room worked well and was popular at all times of day. Entertainment was good, with the house band being particularly excellent. Especially their Jazz sets in the afternoon. Captain Toledo is a great addition to the AZ family. Amanda and Lee also great in there roles as CD and ACD. Our V2 cabin was bright and the beds very comfortable. Cabin service discreet and efficient. Oh, and Fever Tree was available on request, heaven!

Some niggles though. Though the lack of the Sunset bar does allow for more outside seating, bar service does really suffer. No service outside of meal times, and frustratingly slow and inconsistent during service. Drinks have to be garnered from the pool bar outside of restaurant hours. Loved the new Pizza station in Windows but did miss the Chefs station for a dish of the day. Also would like to see a dedicated Sushi station. When it did appear it was always mobbed! Aqualina menu needs a refresh and the tables for two in both specialities really are too close together. Still the best gym at sea, but would prefer Life Fitness equipment not the Technogym stuff. A few more machines also needed, especially cross trainers. As always the best crew at sea, but with one exception. One very rude member of the reception team. She, let’s call her Y,  has a reputation and needs to be dealt with as she is letting the side down.

Overall Azamara Pursuit is a fabulous addition to the fleet and pushes up the standards we have grown accustomed to. Can’t wait for her sisters to get the same treatment. Very much looking forward to my next cruise on Pursuit.

We enjoyed the inaugural cruise of Pursuit, and completed a cruise review to try to rebalance the growing negatives a few weeks back. Sadly - our review was never posted, and our subsequent contact with cruise critic unanswered. I am therefore glad to see this thread appear so that Azamara Pursuit, captains, officers and crew can be recognised for their provision of high quality experiences. Well done Pursuit.

• Like 1

The laundry specials did appear $40 a bag as before. 

I know which member of staff Lioncub is referring to. I have had dealings with her, she sometimes works the really tricky nightshift.  I only however identify her from the initial of her name not the description- she has always been charming and really efficient in the dealings I have had. I’m not saying others might have had other experiences I’m just sharing our experience. 

I do agree the bar service in Windows needs looking at. Some staff are great and there are no issues but there are a few who don’t seem to do anything other than pour the standard water and wine.