Bringing alcohol on board

frankandanne

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

Disney allows wine or beer.  On embarkation as well as from port calls.

Disney allows 2 bottles of wine (750 ml) or 6 beers (12 oz or less). So, while technically correct, there are some pretty strict limits.

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Disney allows 2 bottles of wine (750 ml) or 6 beers (12 oz or less). So, while technically correct, there are some pretty strict limits.

Fairly strict.  Those limits are also allowed in ports of call.  So, an itinerary with 3 port stops means you could wind up with 8 bottles of wine or 24 beers (or some combination thereof) for the cruise.

3 hours ago, HMSDingy said:

The OP seems to have jumped ship, sort of.  I guess they didn't like the barrage of insults.  Not that I disagree with the responses.  For them to dismiss HAL for a cruise wide rule is ridiculous.   

Some on CC, if you can believe it, just like to start controversial threads like this and then move on after they inflame us all.

On 11/14/2018 at 1:08 PM, Krazy Kruizers said:

What cruise line were you allowed to bring a bottle of alcohol onto?

Pretty sure none of them 'allow' it, but some folks do try to smuggle it onboard hoping they don't get caught and sent to the naughty room.

17 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Pretty sure none of them 'allow' it, but some folks do try to smuggle it onboard hoping they don't get caught and sent to the naughty room.

I do know Viking Ocean allows and encourages any alcohol brought on board and will even use yours to mix drinks for you at any bar on the ship. But VO is not a mainstream cruise company. 

18 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Pretty sure the all-inclusive lines (Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, Silversea) and Azmara  Club all allow it.

Edited by catl331

6 hours ago, catl331 said:

Pretty sure the all-inclusive lines (Crystal, Regent, Seabourn, Silversea) and Azmara  Club all allow it.

Yes, and I should have been more clear. I was referring more to the mainstream lines, i.e., HAL, NCL, Princess, CCL, Celebrity, etc..  They definitely don't allow it, but some folks still try to smuggle.

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, frankandanne said:

Like many, I brought a bottle of booze onboard the Noordam for consumption in our cabin. Found out they go so far as xraying baggage to find it. Never dreamed they’d be so petty. Wrote a letter to them about it, bet never got the courtesy of a reply. No longer keen on Holland America.

Did you not print out your luggage tags? HAL clearly states their alcohol on the luggage tags. Never dreamed someone would be so petty.....