Just Booked the ABC's!

thesmiths

11 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

What is the ABC's??

Aruba, Bonair, Curacao.  Supposed to be incredible, but you have to go on longer cruises or leave from San Juan to get to all 3 on a cruise, normally, since they are so far away.  We have an 8 day that get AC in early 2020 booked on magic.

i have been to the A B Cs and it took a while before i got to Bonaire.  Seemed like it was skipped a lot.  when i visited I kinda found out why.  There isnt much there.  Seemed like divers love it .  But to sum it up there they have a light house, a flamigo park,  a natural bridge that collapsed and a sea salt farm.  Oh and lots of varieties of cactus.  The other 2 islands were much better.  But then i am glad i went and got to see for myself.  It wasnt a total waste, its a nice quiet island.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, soccer2010 said:

Having been to ABCs three times, I wouldn't miss Bonaire.  You can get a great tour with Twizy-Tours in 2-seat electric cars with Hans.  I wouldn't miss Aruba or Curacao either.  All are wonderful in their own way and people are very friendly.

twizy-tours.jpg

i saw them there , there is also another one that is electric and narrow with one seat front and back.  They would be cool just to run about in.  That pic is down by the slave quarters i believe. 

2 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

i saw them there , there is also another one that is electric and narrow with one seat front and back.  They would be cool just to run about in.  That pic is down by the slave quarters i believe. 

This is the one, narrow and by two-seater, it is a driver and a small back seat.  A great way to see the island and if you don't like a witty sense of humor, don't tour with Hans.  We had a great time all 3 times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soccer2010 said:

Having been to ABCs three times, I wouldn't miss Bonaire.  You can get a great tour with Twizy-Tours in 2-seat electric cars with Hans.  I wouldn't miss Aruba or Curacao either.  All are wonderful in their own way and people are very friendly.

twizy-tours.jpg

Thank you, Looks like a neat time in one of those.

How long was that tour?

6 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I did not know Carnival offered trips to the ABCs on non-journeys cruises. This and being on the Horizon, very tempting!

I was surprised to see it, I actually switched another 8 day southern cruise on the Horizon to do this 8 day.

It popped up yesterday so I switched And I jumped on the same cabin I wanted, 7459.

Had that cabin on the Vista and loved it.

Plus this is 2 sea days each way.

Nice R&R.

Edited by thesmiths

We've done all three, just not on the same cruise. I loved Bonaire! If you're a snorkeler, grab the water taxi over to Klein Bonaire and drift snorkel the length of the little island. It was some of the best snorkeling I've ever done! Have a wonderful time!

13 hours ago, uprivermama said:

We've done all three, just not on the same cruise. I loved Bonaire! If you're a snorkeler, grab the water taxi over to Klein Bonaire and drift snorkel the length of the little island. It was some of the best snorkeling I've ever done! Have a wonderful time!

I will agree.  We did the ABCs this past February on a Charter cruise on the Victory.  We booked a snorkel tour to Klein Bonaire on a sailing catamaran and it was the best snorkel excursion we have experienced! They dropped us in the water at one end of the Island and we drift snorkeled to the other end where they picked us up.  The boat basically drifted along with us the whole time so if anyone had an issue they could bail out at any time.  After the snorkeling we enjoyed a great lunch and adult beverages as we sailed back to the dock on Bonaire.

1 minute ago, K&RCurt said:

I will agree.  We did the ABCs this past February on a Charter cruise on the Victory.  We booked a snorkel tour to Klein Bonaire on a sailing catamaran and it was the best snorkel excursion we have experienced! They dropped us in the water at one end of the Island and we drift snorkeled to the other end where they picked us up.  The boat basically drifted along with us the whole time so if anyone had an issue they could bail out at any time.  After the snorkeling we enjoyed a great lunch and adult beverages as we sailed back to the dock on Bonaire.

Wasn’t it amazing snorkeling?!? The awesome thing is you don’t even have to book an excursion. If you take the water taxi, they will drop your bag (or companion as the case may be) at the beach area and then take you up the island to drop you off and snorkel the drift back. I found the water taxi info online before hand, I think it was around $15/person rt. Then the beach area was so lovely and you could snorkel right off that area too. We enjoyed watching a turtle popping up and down after our drift. I really felt like this was a highlight of my cruise.

5 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

Cool!  Amusingly, I have booked us a cruise that includes A & B in Dec 2020, and Carnival has reminded me that I should book excursions.  But no excursions are available yet.  Still, Carnival keeps reminding me...  Maybe I should check now...nope, still not available...

But I will look into that drift snorkeling - that sounds amazing!

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Cool!  Amusingly, I have booked us a cruise that includes A & B in Dec 2020, and Carnival has reminded me that I should book excursions.  But no excursions are available yet.  Still, Carnival keeps reminding me...  Maybe I should check now...nope, still not available...

But I will look into that drift snorkeling - that sounds amazing!

The excursion we went on was not through Carnival, someone on the cruise booked it independently and a bunch of us got together and filled the boat.  The boat is named after a class of musical instruments that includes clarinets and saxophones, as I don't think it is permitted to give the name or post a link.  But google can be your friend if you want to research your options.

2 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

The excursion we went on was not through Carnival, someone on the cruise booked it independently and a bunch of us got together and filled the boat.  The boat is named after a class of musical instruments that includes clarinets and saxophones, as I don't think it is permitted to give the name or post a link.  But google can be your friend if you want to research your options.

I don't see why it wouldn't be permitted in general, because we wood wind up finding out eventually (see what I did there?), but this topic is starting to drift into "Ports of Call" activity, vs the actual Carnival-related cruise.  So I will stop here, and zip over the PoC forum for Bonaire, where I see lots of posts on the topic!