Will someone get on this Ship???

MizDemeanor

On 11/18/2018 at 9:34 AM, vtcruising said:

Actually, my 1st cruise is Nov 25th, 1 week from today. The 21st cruise is the employee shakedown with CEO's and the next 2 days are labeled as "training" per Peter. This is what I have pieced together for a schedule (she may arrive at 0800 tomorrow though):

image.thumb.png.d2344bbe9c692ee52addb06f8b939c8e.png

I will be onboard Nov 25 -29 (first two non-revenue Press and Trade cruises) and then Dec 1-4 for the first revenue cruise. I did see that it is supposed to be sunny and 82 on Sunday!!

We are in an IV for the first two nights so will report back on the IVs and MDRs, a portside midship S1 the second two nights and an aft S1 on the 3 day cruise at the end so will have access to the Retreat life. On the Press and Trade cruises there should be some open cabins/suites to view so that would be a plus. I have a list of questions that have been asked on CC (and my own) and will do my best to find answers.

I will be posting on here frequently throughout those 7 days/nights - I have free Wi-Fi for all cruises (hope it works!).  My goal for this trifecta of mini cruises is to explore, interview, measure, photograph, experience and taste my way through the whole ship. :classic_biggrin:

I am so excited, but panicking a bit about getting ready!!

do you know where the press/trade cruises are headed? will it be nassau(crosses fingers)? would be awesome to catch a glimpse of the ship I am sailing in June while on the symphony next week.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:41 AM, Nemanoxer said:

I am not in travel industry. Oh well, in some way I am, but I move goods, not guests. By plane, not by ship.

I gave up on Celebrity few years ago cause my personal opinion was that their pricing could no longer catch up with what I got from them.

However, I always said that I will give it another try once they start a new ship class. So, here I am. And luckily made it onto the inofficial maiden voyage.

We will see if Celebrity is back at what they used to be or not.

I hope they have improved all around over the years.  Back to what they used to be is never a good thing IMO.  A lot changes.  Technology improves.  Some wish for the good old days.  Some like the current state. Sure there were lots of things to like in the past, but I'm looking for a great cruise product now.  Glad you are trying Edge.  So am I. It will definitely not be like anything we sailed in the past.

1 hour ago, jeeppartsman said:

do you know where the press/trade cruises are headed? will it be nassau(crosses fingers)? would be awesome to catch a glimpse of the ship I am sailing in June while on the symphony next week.

We are going to Nassau, but not getting off (someone will get off to present the manifest and then get back on) and we sail away to nowhere. Even non-revenue cruises to nowhere have to stop at a foreign port now.

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I hope they have improved all around over the years.  Back to what they used to be is never a good thing IMO.  A lot changes.  Technology improves.  Some wish for the good old days.  Some like the current state. Sure there were lots of things to like in the past, but I'm looking for a great cruise product now.  Glad you are trying Edge.  So am I. It will definitely not be like anything we sailed in the past.

Well, I meant to express that I stopped doing Celebrity because, as per my personal experiences, they lowered the standards in the last years. Foodwise, servicewise... Only prices seem to have gone upwards.

In case I find these things improved, I will surely be satisfied.

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We are going to Nassau, but not getting off (someone will get off to present the manifest and then get back on) and we sail away to nowhere. Even non-revenue cruises to nowhere have to stop at a foreign port now.

does that mean you will be there on the 30th?

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That is good news.  I love sail in's and sail away's.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, kearney said:

VT, okay.... another item to look at when you are on the ship. First of all, I am a worrier by nature... tell me your problem and I will worry about it... it is just the way I am. So what am I worried about? Well Mr. Edge. Yes Mrs. Edge. Looking at the photos... his back end appears to be close to the railing... about 6 inches or so from it. My irrational fear is that someone will place a young child on its back and while taking a photo that child will slide off the back... and over the rail. Okay, you would have to be dumb to do that...but somehow people manage to fall off ships...doing dumb stuff.. more frequently than you would think. Can you 

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 1.33.09 PM.png

I've seen a more current picture of him and he is in the rooftop garden near the trees.

Thank you. I know that I was likely worrying needlessly.. but it is what I do. When I first saw the horse... for some reason it made me recall one outside a 5 and dime I used to go to as a kid... and I recalled sliding off the back of the horse... vs coming off the side... so that combined with the closeness to the edge..of well the Edge... made me wonder.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:18 AM, vtcruising said:

No, I will be in FLL waiting to get back the Dec 1 cruise, unless LLP enjoys my company so much that she asks me to stay onboard. 😉

VT...I do not think that comment about LLP is as far-fetched as you might believe.  You have done a remarkable job with all the questions and details about Edge, and this has certainly added to the enthusiasm.  Someone in RCCL knows about your vibrant and energetic posts; I guarantee that they do.

I want to apologize for saying that you were going to be onboard November 21, as I guess my enthusiasm got ahead of my brain and thinking processes.  

I will be eagerly waiting with others to read and see all about Edge!

Edited by Lastdance

5 hours ago, deeva211 said:

I've seen a more current picture of him and he is in the rooftop garden near the trees.

Still looks awfully close to the edge to me... but these images could be misleading we will see... it would be difficult to place a child up that high... unless you were very tall... so that helps

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 6.26.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 6.26.17 PM.png

Edited by kearney

14 hours ago, kearney said:

Still looks awfully close to the edge to me... but these images could be misleading we will see... it would be difficult to place a child up that high... unless you were very tall... so that helps 

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 6.26.41 PM.png

That's it's old place; here's the new one:   It looks much closer to the trees now.

A9819D89-FDEA-4396-BC34-2683782DCFA2.thumb.jpeg.751632cd5a96c9efca41cec570e01285.jpeg.2c1fd8ba7c438674085b46c1aef67c11.jpg

Edited by deeva211