MSC Seaside Entertainment

Floridastorm

Would appreciate info on the ship's entertainment. Specifically Show and Stage Performances and Lounge/Bar venues for Music. I have read that much of the entertainment is in foreign languages and is heavy on the classical side. But, I have also heard that the shows are professionally done. Can anyone expand on this?

Thanks Very Much...........🎭

They run 3 relatively short production shows in the main theater each night. We love this format as we like to have dinner around 7:30, and this does not work well with the traditional two shows that are still timed to match traditional fixed dining of early and late seatings. 

Professionally done, beautiful costumes and sets, set around a theme but very, very loosely. Singing, dancing and cirque du soleil type mix. Cast are pretty obviously not native English speakers and pretty obviously classically trained, but the shows are not opera despite some reports. (Evidently there are those who think Phantom of the Opera is, well, an opera ...)

we we are jaded New Yorkers and really enjoyed. If you go with an open mind to it being more international (though in English) you will probably enjoy as well. And again the shorter 3 show format gives great flexibility. 

Edited by TrinaLC

I  disagree, and felt the  shows  were  amateurish, I have seen better  high school performances.

But  I  that would not  deter me from taking another cruise. They had  an imporvisation group on the cruise in early Oct.

They were ok, but  production groups were at best  so-so

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, markf said:

I  disagree, and felt the  shows  were  amateurish, I have seen better  high school performances.

But  I  that would not  deter me from taking another cruise. They had  an imporvisation group on the cruise in early Oct.

They were ok, but  production groups were at best  so-so

Amazing how different people see different things. Opinions are opinions. We saw MSC entertainment and consider it one of the best. However, now we have two opinions. That's what makes the world go round. Yours and mine are both correct. LOL

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, asctony said:

Amazing how different people see different things. Opinions are opinions. We saw MSC entertainment and consider it one of the best. However, now we have two opinions. That's what makes the world go round. Yours and mine are both correct. LOL

Asctony, bravo! I raise my glass to you! Cheers! 

They run a "different" show every night. The nice thing is that they're rather short. The bad thing is that it seems like it's the same thing over and over. Also, when we sailed earlier this month there were 2 main male singers and 1 woman singer. The woman had a really good voice but english isn't her first language and the accent is pretty noticeable. The older (bald) man had a good voice but english also wasn't his first language. The younger singer was just awful...I think english is his primary language but he just had too much of a juvenile voice for the soles he sang and it was really bad.

As far as entertainment outside the nightly shows be ready for tons and tons of line dancing that the animation team likes to run. It's excessive! And the dances they do are not practical...even the animation staff in gym clothes was having a hard time doing it...

We visited the Seaside lounge which is on Deck 7 I believe and they played mostly classic songs from the 70s/80s/90s etc. That's fine but the singer was a woman who primarily spoke spanish and had to read most of the words from the songs on her ipad. It was pretty bad! A decent singer in there would have made a huge difference.

There is a "club" opposite the Seaside lounge on Deck 7 but the DJ never really played dancing music and as a result the place was usually dead or there were a few people sitting down having a drink.

• Like 1

Seaview Lounge is on Deck 8 (across from the sports bar) and they had live music every night.  Early evening they had a guy playing the piano, and later in the evening they had a very good jazz trio.

Also, Timeless no longer has the Michael Jackson impersonator.  It's been replaced with a montage of songs from The Greatest Showman.

This is as of the 11/17 sailing.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:37 PM, staceyeileen said:

Seaview Lounge is on Deck 8 (across from the sports bar) and they had live music every night.  Early evening they had a guy playing the piano, and later in the evening they had a very good jazz trio.

Also, Timeless no longer has the Michael Jackson impersonator.  It's been replaced with a montage of songs from The Greatest Showman.

This is as of the 11/17 sailing.

I really hope this is temporary!  Michael Jackson show was so good on the Divina and we were really looking forward to the one on Seaside in January. My girls are huge MJ fans and this will make them extremely upset

7 hours ago, livingis2me said:

I really hope this is temporary!  Michael Jackson show was so good on the Divina and we were really looking forward to the one on Seaside in January. My girls are huge MJ fans and this will make them extremely upset

I was on 11/3 sailing - no MJ either. The Greatest Showman stuff was lovely and featured miss Diana Recalde who can sing!!! Can she every sing!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxa-TPhthdo Sure, we missed MJ, but loved Diana, Enrico, and the rest of the cast. You will fall in love with this show! 

2 minutes ago, TheSoccerCoach said:

I was on 11/3 sailing - no MJ either. The Greatest Showman stuff was lovely and featured miss Diana Recalde who can sing!!! Can she every sing!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxa-TPhthdo Sure, we missed MJ, but loved Diana, Enrico, and the rest of the cast. You will fall in love with this show! 

When you say she can sing you mean REALLY sing ….What a talent!

On 11/29/2018 at 11:48 PM, livingis2me said:

Starwalker show is back on Seaside in a week!

On 11/27/2018 at 7:55 AM, JAGR said:

Seaside Bar is in the Atrium on Deck 5.  The Seaview Lounge is on Deck 7, but the "club" opposite is the Sports Bar.  Are you thinking, perhaps, of the Haven Lounge which is further aft?

Yes, the Haven lounge sorry.

2 minutes ago, livingis2me said:

That’s great news!  Is it actually the Starwalker show (like on Divina)? Or is it the Timeless show?  Do you have a link to this announcement?

thank you!

No announcement. But, what I am piecing together from social media is that it appears Starwalker is replacing the Forever Frank show on Seaside. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mmpgoodtogo said:

I've seen a lot about the stage/production shows...but lets talk about comedy.  I assume they have a few comedy shows?  I know it all depends on what comic you get, but how were they?

The comedy shows are put on by an improv group called BeerProv. They are an improv group based in NYC and Toronto. Think SNL style improv comedy. The nights shows are most assuredly adult only. They are brilliant! 

BeerProv is the quintessence of the perfect Friday night date; with ample beer, boisterous laughter, and even celebrity cameos... BeerProv should deservingly be added to your Toronto bucket list.

— Comedy Uncovered

• Like 1