A Brilliant Brilliance Review with Compass and Menus

mawvkysc

12 hours ago, Lovetotraveltami said:

Thanks for the review!  We are sailing in April via Grand Cayman vs. Key West.  Does the ship feel crowded at all?  We have a group of 6 also.  Did the 5:45 dining work to see most of shows?

I never felt crowded. They usual embarkation day buzz in the buffet area, but we could find seats. The buffet is not one long line , but different stations which really helps. 

5:45 worked out really well. Although the first night we ate a little earlier. The last night we got there 15 minutes early and were able to be seated. We went early because the last nights show started earlier for some reason. If people order an app and salad/soup they will bring them out in 2 separate courses. This slows things  down. So on the last night we all agreed to just order one each. But I suppose you could ask the server to bring both out at once. Dinner was about 1:45 most nights. 

Edited by mawvkysc

11 hours ago, kelbell said:

Great review!!  We are on her Feb 28th, a different itinerary.  I have one question, you mentioned

in the MDR for breakfast they also had a buffet, do they have that every day?  You did a great job!!!

Thanks so much. 

They didnt have the buffet on the on the last day. 

6 hours ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

Thank you for the review!! We leave next week! Do you know what time you went under the bridge on the way out? Also, did you notice if there was a bar in or near the windjammer? 

It was somewhere between 5:45 and 6:00. I’m not exactly sure as we were in the mdr. 

There is a bar as you walk out of the inside of WJ to the open air aft section of WJ. It is an area that used to be called Rita’s Cantina. There were also servers walking around so you could order from them. There might have been a small bar actually in WJ that the servers mainly utilized. I’m not 100% on that though. 

thank you very much for your review and information.   I really like finding out about "secret" quiet spots as I like to spend some time in those.   We have a 12 day Baltic cruise next August so we'll have plenty of time to seek out those spots you mention. 

dp

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, felton183 said:

Just booked today and so excited, we are a group of 4 and have never been on RC.  We are on deck 4 outside, always have been AFT with balcony so this will be quite a change.  Any tips?

Enjoy! I can’t think of any new tips except that if you want to rock climb don’t put it off. You never know when it will be too windy. Make sure you have socks and shirts or pants with you for the climbing. It’s a pain to have to run back to the cabin if you wat to rock climb. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, mawvkysc said:

Day 6 The Sad Day

Boohoo. We have to leave. We had number 7 for our luggage group.  We were still eating in mdr when they called us. The hash browns were better today. They were cooked on the griddle instead of deep fried. 

When we left our luggage was right where it was supposed to be. We got in line and it kept moving. Still it was  1/2 hr to 45 minutes. With 6 people and a mom with a bum knee we should’ve used a porter and jumped to the front though. 

The agent looked at our passports and us and that was all. No questions or declaration form Welcome home.  They did ask my parents if they bought anything. It took my European  BIL just a little bit longer than us. BTW we didn’t have to fill out a health question before boarding.

We had to wait for the 241 shuttle a while. Glad we used a lot with a shuttle as we left from Pier 3 and returned at 6. 

Thanks for following my ramblings It was fun reliving the trip. Feel free to ask questions 

Thank you so much for the review MAWVKYSC!  We  will be sailing on BOS in March and cant wait.  Love the tips, quiet spots and all your pics!  Once again, THANK YOU 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your review! We are leaving March 9th for the same itinerary. 

My sister-in-law thinks the formal night is night #2 (Key West day). Any recent cruisers on Brilliance? 

You said it was night #3 correct?  I just wanted to know for sure because we go to a formal restaurant on formal night and I wanted to make reservations before the cruise.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Thank you for an informative review. Your pictures were great. I love sailing on the Brilliance. We have done 2 spring break trips on her with our 3 sons. We were afraid that they might be less entertained since there are a few less amenities compared to our trips on the Freedom and Oasis class ships. All 3 of them had great times on this ship.

Thanks again so much for sharing your trip.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KYWEST1 said:

Thank you so much for your review! We are leaving March 9th for the same itinerary. 

My sister-in-law thinks the formal night is night #2 (Key West day). Any recent cruisers on Brilliance? 

You said it was night #3 correct?  I just wanted to know for sure because we go to a formal restaurant on formal night and I wanted to make reservations before the cruise.

Thanks again!

Yes it was night three which was a sea day   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B&J_Pgh said:

I saw a picture with a waiter we had on The Radiance January 2012.  Is it Rodercic or Guillermo Prada?  They did magic tricks for us!!  We will be on her in two days.

Have fun! The only servers names that I know were ours. They were Noel and Roel

41 minutes ago, Sasksilver said:

Thanks for the great review!  I'm just off the Anthem (Jan 18) and booked the Brilliance for June 2020 (British Isles) so the info on the ship you've provided is very helpful.  

We did Brilliance to the British Isles this past May. It was so beautiful and we lucked out with warm sunny weather every day.  You will love it!

Brilliance is one of our favorite ships, we’ve been on 5 times and have another cruise in 3 weeks with this itinerary.

14 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We did Brilliance to the British Isles this past May. It was so beautiful and we lucked out with warm sunny weather every day.  You will love it!

Brilliance is one of our favorite ships, we’ve been on 5 times and have another cruise in 3 weeks with this itinerary.

I've heard great things about the Brilliance - I'm definitely looking forward to a smaller ship experience with RCI.  The Anthem was terrific so if it is half as good, I'll be thrilled.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 2:14 PM, KYWEST1 said:

Thanks again!

We'll be getting off the day you board!