Ultimate Dining Package - Anthem Question

LH3

Hi guys,

just noticed in my cruise planner Royal is offering a $192 PP ultimate dining package.

does anyone know how it works?

each night we can eat in a specialty restaurant if we pay the $192 PP ?

45 minutes ago, LH3 said:

Lunch would be included in that price?

so if we wanted to eat at a specialty restaurant every night - it would be included in this package?

Correct. 

Reservations would have to be made onboard.  No pre-cruise reservations for dining packages.

36 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct. 

Reservations would have to be made onboard.  No pre-cruise reservations for dining packages.

Thanks so much for the reply.

am I nuts or is this just a crazy good deal?

$192 per person for 8 nights....

we would be able to eat at Chops every night at (usually $50 per person) with this package?

4 minutes ago, LH3 said:

we would be able to eat at Chops every night at (usually $50 per person) with this package?

Yes, pending space availability, you could eat in Chops every night.

6 minutes ago, LH3 said:

Yes.  If you like the idea and like the price, go for it.

If you are looking for the other side of the argument, some people will tell you that they won't pay for dinner when it is already included in their cruise fare.

Anthem has Jamie's Italian, Chops and Izumi.  The Ultimate Dining Package does not apply to the Chef's Table.  Since Izumi is a la carte pricing, the Ultimate Package will give you a $35 credit pp for dinner.  I don't know if it is a different credit for lunch.  (I'm virtually positive I have seen people eating lunch there on sea days).  (on the other hand, my memory can be a bit swiss cheese-y 😉 )

Chops and Jamie's are definitely open for lunch on sea days and on embarkation day.

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes.  If you like the idea and like the price, go for it.

If you are looking for the other side of the argument, some people will tell you that they won't pay for dinner when it is already included in their cruise fare.

Anthem has Jamie's Italian, Chops and Izumi.  The Ultimate Dining Package does not apply to the Chef's Table.  Since Izumi is a la carte pricing, the Ultimate Package will give you a $35 credit pp for dinner.  I don't know if it is a different credit for lunch.  (I'm virtually positive I have seen people eating lunch there on sea days).  (on the other hand, my memory can be a bit swiss cheese-y 😉 )

Chops and Jamie's are definitely open for lunch on sea days and on embarkation day.

Thanks for the reply.

this ultimate dining package involves just two restaurants?

chops and jaimes? I thought there were more?

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Is Wonderland included?

Also, what about the extra cost meals that you purchase once in Chops, such as Dry Aged steaks, etc? Do you still have to pay for those?

Yes wonderland is included. I saw reports a while back that it included 1 visit to wonderland with extra visits being $10. 

Additional cost items are still an additional cost. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes wonderland is included. I saw reports a while back that it included 1 visit to wonderland with extra visits being $10. 

Additional cost items are still an additional cost. 

Thanks!

Oops, forgot about Wonderland.  (that swiss-cheese-y memory thing!)

Yes, it includes Wonderland.  I had not heard about a restriction on the number of times that you can choose to eat there with the Ultimate Dining Package.

Any extra cost menu items will still cost extra.  🙂 

27 minutes ago, George C said:

Loved lunch in chops , had breakfast, lunch and dinner there some days ( breakfast was a suite perk), more options for dinner, limited restaurants are open for lunch

Not on the Anthem you didn't.

And this thread is about the Anthem.

We are booked on a 5-night Anthem cruise next year -- this weekend's sale offered UDP for $90, which sounded good, so I purchased. Assumed that would be available through today, but it's no longer showing up -- glad I grabbed it. And lucky for you that your price got lower today!

1 hour ago, zooma said:

We are booked on a 5-night Anthem cruise next year -- this weekend's sale offered UDP for $90, which sounded good, so I purchased. Assumed that would be available through today, but it's no longer showing up -- glad I grabbed it. And lucky for you that your price got lower today!

$90 for five nights is crazy-cheap.  (reasonable 😉 )

5 hours ago, LH3 said:

So it looks like they lowered price again for cyber Monday!

if I plan on eating at speciality restaurants 5-6 times over the course of 7 days this makes a ton of sense?

Right? Haha

Which cruise is it?  What is this current price?