Celebrity Elite to RCCL Diamond ?

hammo

WE are now Elite on Celebrity and have sailed with RCCL several times . I read here that we now qualify for Diamond there  - Can anyone tell me how we go about claiming this status ? 

Do we call RCCL , assuming its not automatic ? Thanks for any information .

29 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Certainly call, but also go on line to Royal's website and sign in using your Celebrity password and see what it shows you there.

This is exactly what I was going to recommend.  I had been elite on Celebrity for a short time and decided to sail on RCCL.  Once I booked, the transfer was automatic.  The emails I receive show my status ... so I never bothered to call because they had already taken care of it on their end.  

However, my neighbors have been diamond on RCCL for quite some time and decided to sail on Celebrity.  She had to call to make sure her status was updated manually ... this was not automatic.  

2 hours ago, jimkathyd1 said:

It is automatic.  When you print your pass it will show Diamond.  And you will be impressed with the Diamond lounge compared to what Celebrity does in the Elite Lounge or Michael's.

We were Diamond when we started cruising on X and enjoyed the Diamond Lounge. We did 2 cruises on Royal in the past 2 years and on both the Diamond Lounge was standing room only, getting a drink was a challenge and the canapés were few to be found.  Clearly the number of Diamond & D+ are beyond the capacity of the Lounge.

14 hours ago, jelayne said:

We were Diamond when we started cruising on X and enjoyed the Diamond Lounge. We did 2 cruises on Royal in the past 2 years and on both the Diamond Lounge was standing room only, getting a drink was a challenge and the canapés were few to be found.  Clearly the number of Diamond & D+ are beyond the capacity of the Lounge.

We were recently on Allure and it was the same.  

People had staked out the lounge seats by about 4 pm (or maybe earlier).  There was no overflow lounge  on our sailing although I had read here that there was on the sailings before ours.  We managed to get a seat upstairs, but the service up there was considerably slower.  

After a couple of days of this, we just used our Diamond drink allotment in the bars and dining room.