New Luxury Beds on Regal Princess

tljordan444

1 hour ago, letscruiseagain&again said:

When I was on a couple of weeks ago the new beds were not in most cabins. If I remember correctly only suites and maybe club class. 

We were on Nov. 1-11, and this matches my memory. Although our bed (in a deluxe balcony) was fine, it was not the new lux bed.

The future cruise consultant said at the time that all ships other than Royal and Regal now have the new beds. Royal would get them soon and Regal last. So my guess is December cruisers will have the new beds only if in a suite or Club Class mini.

Jim

• Like 1

In case anybody from Princess ever sees this....

I think that this is just appalling that these two ships still do not have the new beds.

And, yet Princess is promoting their Come Back New,  as in refreshed/rested, slogan.

Not okay.

Unless there is just no way we can manage to get to FLL and get onboard, I have a cheap foam bed topper ready to pack.

We had the new beds onboard the CORAL years ago...  

But, now, on a nice Royal class ship...  still no new beds.

A quote from the Princess webpage for the luxury beds:

And will debut on Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Full Suite and Club Class guests receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed. See Club Classschedule for details.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

According to information posted the Royal is now scheduled to add the luxury beds during it’s early December shipyard maintenance.  I haven’t read about when the Regal will get them in 2019 on the entire ship but being in Club Class it appears that you’ll have their luxury bed.

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I think that this is just appalling that these two ships still do not have the new beds.

And, yet Princess is promoting their Come Back New,  as in refreshed/rested, slogan.

Not okay.

Unless there is just no way we can manage to get to FLL and get onboard, I have a cheap foam bed topper ready to pack.

As that the Royal, Regal, and Majestic are the newest ships in service, it only makes sense that they would be the last ships to have the beds replaced.

16 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

As that the Royal, Regal, and Majestic are the newest ships in service, it only makes sense that they would be the last ships to have the beds replaced.

And those ships received the improved pillowtop mattresses so there’s less urgency to replace those mattresses & thus they’re the last to receive the luxury mattresses.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:47 AM, Wishing on a star said:

Not okay.

We have sailed the Regal many times.  The current pillowtop beds are very luxurious and comfy and we have not had the slightest problem with them.

We were on the Regal December 2017. Old style beds in a balcony were already worn out with no replacements available. After 5 nights of poor sleep and awaking in pain we were moved to a club class handicap mini suite that had the new beds. That bed was already wearing out due to the heavyweights that had the cabin in the past. We were able to sleep after turning the mattress ourselves.