Carnival Dream - LIVE- Dec 2-9 NOLA to Western Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

Yes that was me who discovered you at the Sea Day Brunch. I never get internet but have a 14 year old diabetic cat on insulin, so I wanted to have contact. This gave me real time contact with your live review. It provided a few laughs. I am just jealous you can cruise so much because you look too young to be retired. Hope you were pleased with the Saints game! Travel safe!

3 minutes ago, Lazy in NC said:

Yes that was me who discovered you at the Sea Day Brunch. I never get internet but have a 14 year old diabetic cat on insulin, so I wanted to have contact. This gave me real time contact with your live review. It provided a few laughs. I am just jealous you can cruise so much because you look too young to be retired. Hope you were pleased with the Saints game! Travel safe!

Well it's usually twice a year. I was able to do three this year because I had to use up some vacation time and...I'm not paying for my next cruise...my Carnival Mastercard fun points paid for it.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 10:19 AM, Saint Greg said:

Wow this stinks. I’ve aleady reached photo upload limit on cruise critic. And I didn’t start using cruise critic for picture hosting until I got on the ship. The precruise stuff I uploaded elsewhere then linked them here. Kind of a hassle.

a9f224aef796996b6d735c39ff48eb5e.jpg

I kept getting this exact same message. Probably about 10 times. If I switched browsers it would let me continue to post. The admin from Cruise Critic chimed in and said it had nothing to do with their site...

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I kept getting this exact same message. Probably about 10 times. If I switched browsers it would let me continue to post. The admin from Cruise Critic chimed in and said it had nothing to do with their site...

That was an issue for a day or two and then the thing that had said my limit was 48mb....changed to 511mb...so someone changed something. I used safari the whole time.

Edited by Saint Greg

Saint Greg, overall how was your experience going Live with the new website versus the app? I find that it eats up battery and the upload speed can be abysmal to nonexistent at times for photos, especially on the ships wifi...

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Saint Greg, overall how was your experience going Live with the new website versus the app? I find that it eats up battery and the upload speed can be abysmal to nonexistent at times for photos, especially on the ships wifi...

I like the app better. But the website wasn't a problem for me. I had one day where it was slow...meaning 5-10mins per photo upload..but that was just one day. I've seen worse. August in Nassau the tapatalk uploads were failing. And I had to upload each photo 5-7 times to get it to take. Last year on freedom I went three days without being able to upload a photo. So I can't complain about this one. As for battery...When I was just uploading a bunch of photos and wanted to conserve battery I'd do things like turn my screen brightness down. But the main thing is I have a portable charger. Every night I charged up my phone. Then when I went out with my phone I would put the portable charger on the charger. I come back and my phone battery is low but I want to take it out with me that evening..I'd bring that charger and let it charge while i'm at dinner...or at a bar or wherever. That portable charger is worth it's weight in gold. My phone would've died probably every day...or I would've had to leave it in the room. Or find a place to plug it in at a bar if I didn't have the mobile charger.

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This is exactly what I have

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger-Jackery-Bolt-6000/dp/B01A6L85CC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1544399026&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=jackery+portable+charger&psc=1

40 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Well it's usually twice a year. I was able to do three this year because I had to use up some vacation time and...I'm not paying for my next cruise...my Carnival Mastercard fun points paid for it.

I, too, use my Carnival Mastercard, and I was able to accrue enough reward points to get $1200 off my next cruise on the Breeze. Now, I keep accruing points to “buy” bar credits. So far, I have $250 in Bar credits, and $50 OBC. Once I feel I have enough, I’ll start applying bar credits to my April 2020 cruise on the Magic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I, too, use my Carnival Mastercard, and I was able to accrue enough reward points to get $1200 off my next cruise on the Breeze. Now, I keep accruing points to “buy” bar credits. So far, I have $250 in Bar credits, and $50 OBC. Once I feel I have enough, I’ll start applying bar credits to my April 2020 cruise on the Magic.

I saved up my 100,000 points for a $1,500 statement credit. Booked it so the cruise + gratuities came to like $1,515 and I got a $1500 statement credit...and of course double points on that cruise since I booked it on my card so I got 3,000 points back right way.  Since then I've had a couple of price drops that have given me OBC. That's how I'm going to the steakhouse twice and Cucina, and JiJis..I'm not paying for any of it. And I'm already at 30,000 points now so I'm basically 1/3 of the way to another free cruise.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I saved up my 100,000 points for a $1,500 statement credit. Booked it so the cruise + gratuities came to like $1,515 and I got a $1500 statement credit...and of course double points on that cruise since I booked it on my card so I got 3,000 points back right way.  Since then I've had a couple of price drops that have given me OBC. That's how I'm going to the steakhouse twice and Cucina, and JiJis..I'm not paying for any of it. And I'm already at 30,000 points now so I'm basically 1/3 of the way to another free cruise.

I try telling people that this is the way to go all the time! I use my card for EVERYTHING and pay off the balance monthly. I get $$$$ off cruises and both bar credits and OBC. It’s a no brained! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Athankfulheart said:

We're on Feb 10th as well ! Last times on the Dream were March 2012 and Jan 2014(such bad weather that we got 25% fcc). Looking fwd to a great one this time.

We are on that cruise as well. First time on the Dream, but not first time on Dream class. Was hoping to finally sail with Chris, but understand that family comes first.

hope to see you all at the meet and greet.

Bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Athankfulheart said:

I cant exactly tell from time stamps, but how long did you spend shuffling thru customs with your zone 9 tags? 

I was hoping the site would put specific time stamps. I’ll have to just record them myself next time. It was super quick. My quickest debarkation ever. From grabbing my suitcase to being through customs...2-3 minutes.

32 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I was hoping the site would put specific time stamps. I’ll have to just record them myself next time. It was super quick. My quickest debarkation ever. From grabbing my suitcase to being through customs...2-3 minutes.

That sounds amazing! I wonder if this is typical for nola ? Ive never sailed from there, but will in Feb. 

3 minutes ago, Athankfulheart said:

That sounds amazing! I wonder if this is typical for nola ? Ive never sailed from there, but will in Feb. 

This was my seventh cruise out of NOLA. This was my fastest debarkation. I never have a really low number though. Last time I was like tag 21. I don't know if the early number helped or what but every line was shorter and moved faster. Usually there are areas where the line stalls. We never stopped moving this time.

If you read my last review you know about my love for Billy’s pepper jack boudin balls. They’ve been selling them at that little place that used to be a gas station....well...look at this is thing of beauty they’re building next door to that old gas station .

1a8ae887d081dc8717940847318cf037.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Saint Greg said:

This guy was on America’s Got Talent

2dbcbbfe1df39b514be12224841ad509.jpg

Was this the guy who sang "Let the bodies hit the floor???"   My husband almost dies when he saw him...and wanted to do that at our daughters wedding for their first dance.....haha