Carnival Dream - LIVE- Dec 2-9 NOLA to Western Carib., Fun Times, Menus, etc

Saint Greg

On 1/6/2019 at 2:10 PM, Dentac said:

Well tomorrow 's the big day.  Yay!  Your August post was very helpful since I don't see many eastern Caribbean posts.  Read Dec review also.  Can't drink rum, fructose problem so loved seeing many alchemy vodka based drinks.  Again super helpful.  Fifth cruise,  probably last one but first with just me and wife.  Total relaxation.  Hope muster is over in time for saints game.  Liquor sale at fun shops at 4:30 though.  Gotta do that.  Bringing small radio to listen to game just in case.

thanks again for all the great advice☺

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dentac said:

Well tomorrow 's the big day.  Yay!  Your August post was very helpful since I don't see many eastern Caribbean posts.  Read Dec review also.  Can't drink rum, fructose problem so loved seeing many alchemy vodka based drinks.  Again super helpful.  Fifth cruise,  probably last one but first with just me and wife.  Total relaxation.  Hope muster is over in time for saints game.  Liquor sale at fun shops at 4:30 though.  Gotta do that.  Bringing small radio to listen to game just in case.

thanks again for all the great advice☺

Have a great cruise!

3 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

So where do you recommend staying night before cruise in NOlA

Depends on the circumstances.

If you want to be close to the port I love Hilton riverside,  Marriott and embassy suites. Offsite parking I love Fulton but with this seasonal price increase they have until May, I’d do port or Machu Picchu. The only park n cruise I’ve done is country inn and suites this time. It’s good as long as you’re good with being 7 miles outside of town.

Next cruise in New Orleans I want to do a pre-cruise French quarter barhop so I’m staying at the Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon street and parking at Fulton Garage. 

If you want a good deal on a hotel check out the hotels thread on the New Orleans page where I help people out with Hotwire hotel bookings. 

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Depends on the circumstances.

If you want to be close to the port I love Hilton riverside,  Marriott and embassy suites. Offsite parking I love Fulton but with this seasonal price increase they have until May, I’d do port or Machu Picchu. The only park n cruise I’ve done is country inn and suites this time. It’s good as long as you’re good with being 7 miles outside of town.

Next cruise in New Orleans I want to do a pre-cruise French quarter barhop so I’m staying at the Sheraton Four Points on Bourbon street and parking at Fulton Garage. 

If you want a good deal on a hotel check out the hotels thread on the New Orleans page where I help people out with Hotwire hotel bookings. 

Thank you !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 5:17 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

I try telling people that this is the way to go all the time! I use my card for EVERYTHING and pay off the balance monthly. I get $$$$ off cruises and both bar credits and OBC. It’s a no brained! 

How do you get bar credits and OBC? Please explain! Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useyourwords said:

How do you get bar credits and OBC? Please explain! Thanks!

Through my Carnival Mastercard. For every 5,000 reward points I accrue, I redeem them on the credit card’s website for $50 bar credits. Because I had not cruised Carnival for awhile (last was in 2007), I had accrued enough rewards points that when I booked my cruise in January 2018 for March 2019, I put it in full on the credit card, earned double points for my $1976 cruise, giving me 3,983 reward points to add to my already hefty amount. Then I used my total reward points ($1200)  as a credit on my credit card balance , leaving my total on my credit card for my 7 day cruise for 2 in an inside cabin with prepaid gratuities and trip insurance as $776. Not bad, huh? Then from January until just last week, I accrued enough reward points to redeem 6 times giving me $300 bar credits. I also have $50 OBC that Carnival gave me when I booked. I also get 10% discount off all excursions when using that card to pay for them with Carnival, and I’ll receive double points for any of my onboard expenses, as I use that card for my account. Let me add, that there is a Reward Booster on the website, that lets me shop in all my favorite stores, and earn more rewards. I earned 10/$1 for a whole luggage set through ebags, and 4/$1 for gifts ordered at Christmas through Harry and David. Nearly every store you could think of ordering from online. 

Edited by grandmarnnurse
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2019 at 3:28 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

Through my Carnival Mastercard. For every 5,000 reward points I accrue, I redeem them on the credit card’s website for $50 bar credits. Because I had not cruised Carnival for awhile (last was in 2007), I had accrued enough rewards points that when I booked my cruise in January 2018 for March 2019, I put it in full on the credit card, earned double points for my $1976 cruise, giving me 3,983 reward points to add to my already hefty amount. Then I used my total reward points ($1200)  as a credit on my credit card balance , leaving my total on my credit card for my 7 day cruise for 2 in an inside cabin with prepaid gratuities and trip insurance as $776. Not bad, huh? Then from January until just last week, I accrued enough reward points to redeem 6 times giving me $300 bar credits. I also have $50 OBC that Carnival gave me when I booked. I also get 10% discount off all excursions when using that card to pay for them with Carnival, and I’ll receive double points for any of my onboard expenses, as I use that card for my account. Let me add, that there is a Reward Booster on the website, that lets me shop in all my favorite stores, and earn more rewards. I earned 10/$1 for a whole luggage set through ebags, and 4/$1 for gifts ordered at Christmas through Harry and David. Nearly every store you could think of ordering from online. 

Wow! Good suggestions! I have the Carnival Mastercard. I just didn't know about all this stuff! Thank you so much!!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 1:14 AM, Saint Greg said:

Excursions

Belize: 

In Belize there's a lot of zip lining and cave tubing and snokeling. We've already talked about getting wet. I don't think after a long night at the Alchemy and a small amount of sleep that slinging myself through a jungle on a zip line is a very good idea. So I hear these Lamanai ruins are a good thing to see. A bit pricey through Carnival at $124.99. And it's a six hour tour going outside of Carnival which seems a bit risky. So I look over on the Belize board and see people have been off and on getting price matches from Carnival for this one tour over the past year. At first they were getting the 110% refund on the full difference. Then for awhile people were getting denied. The most recent ones had people getting approved but at a higher rate than the competitor's excursion..Which is what I got. I purchased the carnival excursion at $124.99, submitted the price protection form, and I'm getting $32.99 OBC. That brings the cost down to $92. I also booked the excursion using my Carnival Mastercard which gives me a 10% statement credit on Carnival excursions. That gave me another $12.50 bringing the cost down to $79.50.

Add that $32.99 OBC to the $75 I got from the travel agency and that should cover my gratuities and the tax on some of my mississippi river drinks.

For anyone interested in booking this excursion and submitting the price protection form here is the link you need to send them and the response I received. 

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/lamanai-belize-excursion-mayan-ruins

Carnival Logo

Message History
Response By Email (11/19/2018 04:14 PM)
Hello Gregory,

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an onboard credit of $32.99. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this onboard credit which will only show once aboard the ship.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the $95.00 rate per guest.  Our tour launches from an exclusive Ayinha property built solely for efficient access to Lamanai. Ayinha reduces down the overall travel time by motor coach & boat transfer by 2 hours to reach the Lamanai ruins. This provides the time for guests to actually climb the temples, providing the experience of a lifetime. Ayinha day admission is USD $20.00 per person, and includes a fusion of Belizean cultural along with Belizean Lunch Buffet.  This $20 entrance fee has been included to make the tours comparable.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Scott
Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178

So, I saw this 3 days before we are sailing.  Darn it!!!

On 12/4/2018 at 7:32 PM, Saint Greg said:

Once there was a snail who was tired of being slow. He went out and bought a really fast sports car and had the dealer paint a big 'S' on each side of it.

Whenever someone saw him zooming past in his new car, they would say, "Hey, look at that S-car go!"

F5FE38A9-E8D9-4FE5-BD16-AFE568464F71.jpeg

Saint Greg, you stole my joke!  Well, it's close, very similar.  And I've been telling mine for 40 years!!!  Anyway, no more escargot on the ships for now!  I'm sad!

3 hours ago, I Luv Crusin said:

Saint Greg, you stole my joke!  Well, it's close, very similar.  And I've been telling mine for 40 years!!!  Anyway, no more escargot on the ships for now!  I'm sad!

I had escargot on Carnival Dream last week.