RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 minute ago, Ready2SailAway said:

1)  You should be able to find your original RoyalUp confirmation - just do an email search for royalup@rccl.com

2)  Be sure you're entering the correct booking# at www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

3)  It could be a system glitch - try again later this evening or tomorrow...

Hope this helps!

Sadly none of those things work, I have searched in my emails just royal, royal up, anthem, etc.  I just can't figure out how 3 emails I had vanished, when I rarely delete things.  

Second, I know I have my name and booking # correct, we have 4 cabins booked with family - 3 of the 4 work. Mine doesn't any longer, yet all the other bookings do.  I tried both my last name and my husbands last name and get nothing now.  Makes me wonder if mine was rejected but I got no rejection email?  I had checked on it twice in past as I had bid on the large oceanview balcony and removed that bid, as I originally got the bid email at the beginning of January.   

As for the third it has been giving me the error for over a week now, so doubtful that is it.  I was just considering altering my bid on the junior suite slightly higher and can't get in anymore to even see it.  

28 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Sadly none of those things work, I have searched in my emails just royal, royal up, anthem, etc.  I just can't figure out how 3 emails I had vanished, when I rarely delete things.  

Second, I know I have my name and booking # correct, we have 4 cabins booked with family - 3 of the 4 work. Mine doesn't any longer, yet all the other bookings do.  I tried both my last name and my husbands last name and get nothing now.  Makes me wonder if mine was rejected but I got no rejection email?  I had checked on it twice in past as I had bid on the large oceanview balcony and removed that bid, as I originally got the bid email at the beginning of January.   

As for the third it has been giving me the error for over a week now, so doubtful that is it.  I was just considering altering my bid on the junior suite slightly higher and can't get in anymore to even see it.  

have you gone into the Cruise Planner, 'manage my cruises' to make sure yours is still showing in there?  Because yeah, that's weird that you can't get in to see your bids anymore.  

11 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Just got our upgrade for this weekend.  Odyssey. JS, J3.  There were only 2 JS I didn’t want on this ship so we bid.  Yep, you guessed it, we got the one I didn’t want.  The balcony has no privacy from below or beside and you are right by the life boats on deck 6. 

Suggest calling RCCL to see if they can move you to another JS that's in a better location.

We did that after we won our RoyalUp bid to a GS last Aug - our vacation planner at RCCL was able to switch us, even though online was showing no other GS inventory available...

I did call right away.  There’s nothing open to move to.  Maybe because all the upgrades were assigned.  I’ll try again Friday as maybe someone had to cancel at the last minute.  If not it’s okay, at least we have 2 bathrooms and a bigger room.  Hoping we can get CK one night.  And we can check in an hour earlier so that’s great too.

• Like 1

We just got notified for our 3/6 cruise on Oasis of the Seas that we won our bid. My kids are going from a Promenade room to the ultra spacious ocean view room. Bid the minimum and didn't think we would get it but figured why not try. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, jrkat69 said:

We just got notified for our 3/6 cruise on Oasis of the Seas that we won our bid. My kids are going from a Promenade room to the ultra spacious ocean view room. Bid the minimum and didn't think we would get it but figured why not try. 

Congrats on your upgrade. Seems like bids are being won quite a bit.  just curious how long ago did you place your bid?  Thanks   

I can't remember.. If some on your sailing received notification of upgrades already, with a little over a week to go, there's potentially additional waves of the upgrades right? I feel like last cruise, some got notified of upgrades and then a few days later more on the same cruise were notified. I have 3 bids for 3/6 out and some already got notified and status changed to expired, but all 3 of mine are still pending. 

46 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I can't remember.. If some on your sailing received notification of upgrades already, with a little over a week to go, there's potentially additional waves of the upgrades right? I feel like last cruise, some got notified of upgrades and then a few days later more on the same cruise were notified. I have 3 bids for 3/6 out and some already got notified and status changed to expired, but all 3 of mine are still pending. 

Just no Rhyme or reason to the process and that's just the way they like it.  Keeps us guessing and keeps us talking about it.  Once we all "figure it out" it does not work for them anymore.

It keeps us on our toes that is for sure. 😉

• Like 2

I booked a balcony guarantee on the 3/11 Freedom sailing. I got an email about a month ago about the Royal Up upgrades. I went ahead and put in bids. 

Last night, my balcony room was assigned and today I got an email that my Royal up bids were cancelled due to a change in my reservation. I went on to the Royal Up site and my bids were no longer there so I tried to put in new bids. After I put in all my payment information and submitted, a message came up saying they were unable to process my request and to try again in 24 hours. 

Has anyone experienced this? I’m guessing it cancelled my bids because the room was assigned?

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

yes.  My sailing is Saturday on the Symphony.  I put in bare minimum bid for a JS and a Spacious OV balcony.  Others were getting notified 2 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, last week...I just kept checking.  Tuesday I went into the Royal Up website and could have changed my bids as they were pending.  20 minutes later, I was checking my email and I was successful on the balcony.  $270 total.  Not bad considering we had a boardwalk balcony for $955 total and current price is at least $2300 for that cabin.  So the pending, expired, locked bids never happened with us.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I booked a balcony guarantee on the 3/11 Freedom sailing. I got an email about a month ago about the Royal Up upgrades. I went ahead and put in bids. 

Last night, my balcony room was assigned and today I got an email that my Royal up bids were cancelled due to a change in my reservation. I went on to the Royal Up site and my bids were no longer there so I tried to put in new bids. After I put in all my payment information and submitted, a message came up saying they were unable to process my request and to try again in 24 hours. 

Has anyone experienced this? I’m guessing it cancelled my bids because the room was assigned?

yes.  Give it 24 hours then call them.  Or try using a different browser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

Were you upgraded by chance? 

2 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

No, I had booked a guarantee balcony, and the room that I was assigned is a regular balcony room

That is odd. I upgraded my stateroom and it took 5-6 days for plus grade to get my new information. I would clear your cookies and check tomorrow 

• Like 1

I sail March 4th and I made two bids, a Jr suite and a Grand Suite, today I looked at my bids, the GS bid says expired and the JS says pending, am I to assume I’m getting the JS? It can’t be modified so I’m thinking that’s the case? Any ideas on this ? Thx…

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

yes.  Give it 24 hours then call them.  Or try using a different browser.

3 hours ago, sford75 said:

That is odd. I upgraded my stateroom and it took 5-6 days for plus grade to get my new information. I would clear your cookies and check tomorrow 

I logged back into the Royal Up site and it shows the 2 bids that were cancelled but now it shows the 2 new bids I placed as pending. Here hoping to a junior or grand suite!

1 hour ago, kpaylor said:

what room type did you bid for?

I’m currently in a OV balcony and did a bid for a GS. The minimum was $700 PP and I bid for $1000 PP. I would really really like to get it as it’s our 35th wedding anniversary and it will be a great present. I guess I won’t know for at least 2 weeks as it seems that they don’t let you know until closer . 

• Like 2

Sailing at the end of March and when checking today (for the third time), I saw that it's now giving me access to bid for all of the Star Class suites... put some bids in for everything but a Crown Loft Suite due to the potential non-ocean view on Oasis Class ships and lowered my Sky Class bids. Fingers crossed!

29 minutes ago, mermaidgal said:

I sail March 4th and I made two bids, a Jr suite and a Grand Suite, today I looked at my bids, the GS bid says expired and the JS says pending, am I to assume I’m getting the JS? It can’t be modified so I’m thinking that’s the case? Any ideas on this ? Thx…

Just curious, what ship are you on ?