RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

30 minutes ago, dritan said:

So went in this morning to look at my sailing and all the suites are now unavailable ( there had been about 20 grand suites still available a few days ago.

Popped over to my bid and three of my bids are now expired and the grand suite one is pending.  Am I getting my hopes up here that I've been allocated one of those grand suites?  Anyone got any experience of this.  I would have thought all would have been expired if I'd been unsuccessful.  Cruise is in 13 days time.

From what I’ve read, yes, good chance you got the one left pending. 🤞

2 hours ago, dritan said:

So went in this morning to look at my sailing and all the suites are now unavailable ( there had been about 20 grand suites still available a few days ago.

Popped over to my bid and three of my bids are now expired and the grand suite one is pending.  Am I getting my hopes up here that I've been allocated one of those grand suites?  Anyone got any experience of this.  I would have thought all would have been expired if I'd been unsuccessful.  Cruise is in 13 days time.

Good luck!  Which ship what sailing?

2 hours ago, dritan said:

Check your credit card.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses everyone.  I've checked my credit card but nothing showing.  I'm on the Voyager of the Seas - so suspect we won't be sailing at anything like full capacity as it's one of those Baltic cruises.

I looked back and had thought I'd put in a minimal bid but turns out the minimal was £90 each and I'd bid £155 each.  I'll be sure to come back and give an update.  

4 hours ago, dritan said:

I would have thought all would have been expired if I'd been unsuccessful. 

No, the denial email doesn't come till the day of the sailing and the bid status could be just about anything between now and then. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dritan said:

Hi dritan - I am also sailing on Voyager, but not until August 21st. I also noticed that none of the suites are available for me to bid on any longer. I would be interested to hear how your bid turns out too. I can see on our sailing that between all the suite categories, there are between 40 and 50 available cabins. It appears that they have not allocated any Royal Up's on my sailing yet as the quantities have remained the same for the last several weeks. Good luck!!

1 hour ago, rritter25 said:

I also noticed that none of the suites are available for me to bid on any longer.

RCI/Plusgrade recently lowered the number of categories available to bid on that sailing (and others) - that was the norm pre-COVID. Folks in other categories can bid on the suites. Royal Up wins seem to be running about 3 weeks out.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI/Plusgrade recently lowered the number of categories available to bid on that sailing (and others) - that was the norm pre-COVID. Folks in other categories can bid on the suites. Royal Up wins seem to be running about 3 weeks out.

Same for me. I noticed it when my offer to bid came in yesterday.

For my Odyssey cruise in May, and being booked in an obstructed balcony, I was able to bid all the way up to a royal loft suite.

For my upcoming Anthem cruise, also in an obstructed balcony, the highest category I can bid on is a 1-bedroom GS with large balcony.

Well I'm rather surprised what happened to me today for my sailing on Anthem of the Seas on Sept 23rd! I had a Balcony with Large Veranda booked.

Yesterday (75 days before sailing) I got the RoyalUp email with categories ranging from Jnr Suite with all categories if suite up to Sky Loft. I placed more aggressive bids for Grand Suite 1 Bedroom and Grand Suite 1 Bedroom with Large balcony as I would be delighted with anything in Sky Class. I also placed just above minimum bids for Jnr, Grand 2 bedroom, Owners and Sky Loft just for the hell of it.

Today 74 days out I noticed all my bids had changed to "expired" except the Owners Suite. A few minutes later I got the "Congratulations you have been upgraded" email.

I'm shocked that I got the upgrade so quickly!!!

• Like 6

On 7/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, LarryHD2 said:

There are certain TA's that do indeed lock you out of RoyalUp...  Costco Travel is one and they state such on their website.

Love Costco, Do not use em any longer for my TA, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dritan said:

Had the exact Royal Up experience for my last cruise a couple weeks ago - three expired and grand suite pending up until day of sailing. Boo hoo, no upgrade for me. 😭

So I am reaching for the stars, I hope. 

I originally booked inside guarantee.   It was the best deal.  We were then quickly able to get a upgrade to a balcony guarantee  and a price drop.  This was all before 90 days and on the allure btw.  We now sit 82 days out.  I was hoping to keep lowering my cost if the prices went down but without cwc. I am locked in.  I am always searching for a better deal and usually have the more vacations ( usually cruises) over better rooms.  

Just like the choice to go from inside to balcony I would like the option to be able to move up if bob barker or drew Carey can help.  I don't have a room yet, and realize sometimes I could go all the way up to not knowing until I get on board or as embarkation.

Does this mean I won't get royalup offers?  When do most people get that email? Would calling help? No TA btw.  My ship still has suites available.  

Also as a side note, the agent I spoke with when I upgraded to balcony told me the balcony gty was in fact a neighborhood class.  I remember from ***** ( I really miss that site) neighborhood was 1 category and Oceanview another, but done recall the balcony gty excluded the Oceanview.  

Thanks in advance

You can RoyalUp from a GTY.

The timing of the e-mail varies.

No I don’t believe calling would help.

Also, once you can check-in (usually 45 days out), you can use the “bar code trick” to figure out your cabin number if not assigned yet. Go to your set sail pass in the app and either scan the bar code or add it to your apple wallet if using an apple device. You will see a string of numbers under the bar code. The numbers after the dash are your cabin number.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, miyanc said:

When do most people get that email?

Typically, 75 days or less from sailing. You probably have a XN (as opposed to XB) GTY booking which means you'll very likely get a neighborhood balcony.

Edited by Biker19

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You can RoyalUp from a GTY.

The timing of the e-mail varies.

No I don’t believe calling would help.

Also, once you can check-in (usually 45 days out), you can use the “bar code trick” to figure out your cabin number if not assigned yet. Go to your set sail pass in the app and either scan the bar code or add it to your apple wallet if using an apple device. You will see a string of numbers under the bar code. The numbers after the dash are your cabin number.

ty

ty

and ty

and again ty.  I have a few more antagonizing weeks before we are there.  I wonder why the system could know and somehow the customer doesnt.  I guess I know the answer to that. 

what is a typical min/max to upgrade from balcony? I assume what you pay or the category  you start from to the desired category matters.  like js to gs vs gty to gs.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Typically, 75 days or less from sailing. You probably have a XN (as opposed to XB) GTY booking which means you'll very likely get a neighborhood balcony.

any way to check? i only see the gty. 

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That is probably the furthest out win ever reported here. 

I know I couldn't believe it. We had 3 balcony cabins booked. Me (Diamond+) and one of my sisters (Diamond) got RoyalUp offers  and my other sister (Gold) didn't get one.

My very low offer was accepted on day 74 but my sisters is still pending although we bid the same. Is C&A status in the mix perhaps??

It does look like the ship is very full so maybe they wanted to fill some suites early so they could sell more of the less expensive rooms more easily?

1 hour ago, mainsd said:

I know I couldn't believe it. We had 3 balcony cabins booked. Me (Diamond+) and one of my sisters (Diamond) got RoyalUp offers  and my other sister (Gold) didn't get one.

My very low offer was accepted on day 74 but my sisters is still pending although we bid the same. Is C&A status in the mix perhaps??

It does look like the ship is very full so maybe they wanted to fill some suites early so they could sell more of the less expensive rooms more easily?

Maybe you made a generous bid.  Did you compare to upgrading yourself?

On 7/12/2022 at 12:01 AM, lovelife said:

Had the exact Royal Up experience for my last cruise a couple weeks ago - three expired and grand suite pending up until day of sailing. Boo hoo, no upgrade for me. 😭

Yes - it's looking that way for me too.  Been several days since the grand suites vanished on my sailing and it still says pending on that one bid - but no email etc.  

53 minutes ago, dritan said:

Yes - it's looking that way for me too.  Been several days since the grand suites vanished on my sailing and it still says pending on that one bid - but no email etc.  

Don't give up -- it could happen! 🤞