Changing booking from RCI to travel agent

Hi Everyone

Just booked an Allure balcony cabin for March 2019. When I called travel agent at Expedia initially they gave me the price for interior last Thurs at $1240 Cdn pp and then on Black Friday when I called RCI directly they gave me Balcony guarantee for the same price! Amazing :)

so today Expedia travel agent is telling me if I switch the booking to her, she will be giving me $50 onboard credit for my cabin.

What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Also - I booked flights thru RCI directly as well. Will this have an impact if I change my cruise reservation to the travel agent?

Let me know your thoughts.  If its a big hassle its not worth the $50 credit.

Thanks for your help!

Easy to switch.  There is an online form (travel agent or RCI can give you link) and must be done within 60 days of booking and before final payment.  No problem with your flights.  As to whether to switch, that's your decision as to whether to use a TA and this particular one.  Only you can decide. You will lose control of your reservation so make sure you have a TA that you can reach if necessary.

No problem with flights booked though RC, we do that all the time with a travel agent.

One caveat, it's easy to transfer to the travel agent, but not so easy to transfer away if you change your mind.  Basically, the agent has to agree to lose the booking.

1 hour ago, michelle028 said:

ok good to know, thx everyone, I think I'll stick with the RCI booking 🙂 

We book many times with Royal direct and then switch over the next day to a online TA.  You keep everything Royal gives you and then pick up what the TA is offering. We usually get pre-paid gratuities, specialty dining, and a added OBC. 

3 hours ago, michelle028 said:

Hi Everyone

Just booked an Allure balcony cabin for March 2019. When I called travel agent at Expedia initially they gave me the price for interior last Thurs at $1240 Cdn pp and then on Black Friday when I called RCI directly they gave me Balcony guarantee for the same price! Amazing 🙂

so today Expedia travel agent is telling me if I switch the booking to her, she will be giving me $50 onboard credit for my cabin.

What are the pros and cons of doing this?

Also - I booked flights thru RCI directly as well. Will this have an impact if I change my cruise reservation to the travel agent?

Let me know your thoughts.  If its a big hassle its not worth the $50 credit.

Thanks for your help!

Would have to be some special huge benefit before I'd book with a non cruise specialized TA. $50 is a fraction of what a good cruise only TA will give you. Ck around