price of drinks in different beverage packages

nunuc2000

First off, I DID try to do a search for this info, but the search option on here brought up literally over 10000 hits, and none of the first 20 or so I looked at even came near answering my questions... so hopefully some of you can help. 🙂

We have the classic drink package on an upcoming cruise.  Hubby likes Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark, Hendrick's gin, and I really like martinis, in particular cosmos and espresso and chocolate martini's, as well as proseco.  Will the classic package cover these types of drinks? If not, will the premium package cover them? 

Thanks for any help you folks can offer. 🙂

Not 100% sure, but I think Maker's is on the classic; Hendick's and Woodford on the premium. There's a good article at https://eatsleepcruise.com/2015/01/review-of-celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages/

that might help you decide. It's pretty recent. A word of caution -- LOTS OF CHANGE ON EVERY CRUISE! What is available (wines, specific high end liquors) is not consistent.

Can’t help on your husbands drinks but as far as cocktails; we had no trouble telling the bartender what we wanted and that we didn’t want to pay extra and they were able to make everything with liquors covered by the classic package. We did not try an espresso or chocolate martini; however, when we were at the martini bar ordering the specialty drinks (knew there was a charge on those) I did  overhear a customer asking a bartender what he could make similar to the chocolate martini that was on their menu within the classic package. He said he could make something. Didn’t see what they ended up getting though.

Prosecco is covered by classic package.

Edited by sanger727

Woodford Reserve, Maker’s Mark and Hendricks are all included in the Premium package.  

You can get standard size martinis with  the  Classic package including cosmos, appletini and I think a chocolate martini.  The large speciality martinis at the Martini Bar are above the Classic package, but you can pay the difference in price rather than upgrade.  

For a question like this, I recommend going to X's website for info and search.

You can find the link here.

Please understand that not items listed may or may not be available at all or any bars during your sailing.

bon voyage

Thanks for the responses everyone... since there's a sale on right now that allows to upgrade from the classic to the premium package for just $99US (including gratuity), we decided to go for it and avoid any hassles of trying to "pay the difference" on individual drinks, and wondering which brands are and are not included.  For us it's a small price to pay for the assurance that everything we want is included. 🙂

Celine

The Classic limit is $9, however when sailing from Australia, UK and possibly some other ports the pricing must include the gratuity.  So I think these menus reflect the price with the gratuity included.  

• Thanks 1

Does anyone remember the cost of non-alcoholic frozen drinks or Vitamin Water?  My son loves them!  He doesn't drink soda at all but he would drink Vitamin Water and plenty of bottled water.   I'm tying to figure out if the non-alcoholic premium package is will be cost effective.  Thanks!

We were just on the Reflection 11/16 - 11/26 and my husband drinks Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve.  We had the Classic package.  He was able to get Makers Mark and paid an additional $1.18 for a drink. For Woodford Reserve he paid an additional $2.36 for the drink.  Much cheaper than upgrading to the Premium package.

3 hours ago, flparalegal said:

We were just on the Reflection 11/16 - 11/26 and my husband drinks Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve.  We had the Classic package.  He was able to get Makers Mark and paid an additional $1.18 for a drink. For Woodford Reserve he paid an additional $2.36 for the drink.  Much cheaper than upgrading to the Premium package.

No doubt on those drinks. As you point out, it really matters what you drink.

Two glasses of a $15 wine would take care of the upgrade cost.

• 2 months later...

The drink package descriptions are overly complicated and convoluted.  While each package has a cost per drink limit, it also includes/excludes specific brands.  If you drink "high end" liquor you will either need the premium package or pay the difference for the drink based on your package.  So I'd suggest reviewing the lists carefully.  

An advantage of the premium package if you visit the specialty restaurants is that they typically ignore wine pricing if you have the premium package.  I usually get the premium package and my wife gets the classic package and when we both order high end wine in Murano or Tuscan Grill, we are not charged for the difference.