30% off pre-cruise purchases...incl beverage package upgrade!

bebe08

13 hours ago, Atwell said:

I called the Captain's Club number and upgraded from the Classic beverage package to the Premium beverage package for $7.00 per day plus 18% gratuity = $8.26 USD per day.  This is for cruises sailing on Jan 5 and Jan 17, 2019.

I too just called for our 12 day southern on the Silhouette for April 2020. It was a total of $8.26 as well for the upgrade as well so we scooped it up. I used the $100 OBC I got from the Edge promo a couple weeks ago towards it. I’m happy

2 minutes ago, gordylad said:

$9.44 per day upgrade for our sailing next September. are we all being charged different prices?

I can do ours online

sale discounts seem to be ranging from 10% to 50% depending upon what sailing.  Some cruises are not eligible for any sale pricing.  Often the higher discounts are for repositioning cruises which don’t have perks for booking so they want to encourage purchase of beverage packages & internet; plus excursions, etc

3 hours ago, laslomas said:

I have looked in my Cruise Planner and see the advertised Sale. But I cannot see how to purchase the upgrade Classic to Premium. I only have an option to purchase the full Premium package for £1,000+. I already have the Classic. Is there a link for the upgrade?

I didn't see an upgrade option either so I just canceled my beverage package and repurchased at the discounted price. 

It seems to be very strange which cruises get which discounts.  For instance, TAs usually don't get perks or discounted beverage packages, however my April'19 TA is getting the 50% discount on alcoholic beverage packages.  Imagine my surprise when I checked online not really expecting to see a discount, and there it was 50%!  Saved me a bunch!

I have further info on the beverage package sale.  The discount depends on the number of nights.  7 nights=10%, 8-11 nights=20%,12-15 nights=30%, and over 15 nights=50%.  Sailings up to and including May 11, 2020 are eligible according the the Captains's Club rep I spoke with a few minutes ago.   So I booked an upgrade from Classic to the Premium beverage package for a 10-night and a 11-night in January 2020 for $8.00 per day plus 18% = $9.44 per day (USD).   Yesterday I did the same upgrade for two 12 night cruises in Jan 2019 and the upgrade cost was $7.00 plus 18% = $8.26 per day.  The difference In discounts was because of the different length of cruise. 

• Like 1

Just upgraded our 1/4/19 booking with a 30% discount, $7/day +18% = $8.26/day for 14 days = $115.64 pp.  If you like the Martini Bar or a glass of wine just two drinks/day will break even.  

1/31/20 booking is not included.  For a 14 day cruise at 30% off I figure it's not going to get any better so might as well pay for the upgrade out of my OBC.  Not sure how they decide what bookings are included.  Atwell just checked and stated sailings up to May 11, 2020.   I'll check again in a few days.  

46 minutes ago, Atwell said:

I have further info on the beverage package sale.  The discount depends on the number of nights.  7 nights=10%, 8-11 nights=20%,12-15 nights=30%, and over 15 nights=50%.  Sailings up to and including May 11, 2020 are eligible according the the Captains's Club rep I spoke with a few minutes ago.   So I booked an upgrade from Classic to the Premium beverage package for a 10-night and a 11-night in January 2020 for $8.00 per day plus 18% = $9.44 per day (USD).   Yesterday I did the same upgrade for two 12 night cruises in Jan 2019 and the upgrade cost was $7.00 plus 18% = $8.26 per day.  The difference In discounts was because of the different length of cruise. 

My 14 Night April'19 Reflection TA has a 50% discount so there's something other than cruise length involved in determining the discount - at least with regard to that cruise.

6 minutes ago, mnocket said:

My 14 Night April'19 Reflection TA has a 50% discount so there's something other than cruise length involved in determining the discount - at least with regard to that cruise.

Perhaps the 50% discount was applied to all TA's without regard to the number of days? The agent did not mention that but I did not specifically ask about TA's.  I only asked about the structure of discounts per length of cruise since my discount was different than the discount I got yesterday for a slightly longer cruise and I was surprised.  she gave me the matrix of days cruise length and the discount for each category per my earlier post.

5 hours ago, Prefdavid said:

Indeed there is. Into Manage My Reservation and click on the Beverage Packages. If the upgrade is available to you it will show there.

I have the 30% off offer and see the reduced beverage packages but do not see an upgrade option 😢. I will call them and see what happens. The difference between classic and premium plus the 18% works out at ~£6.50, keeping fingers crossed. 

I also note that the trips in my cart have been reduced!

Edited by downsmead

I am considering purchasing the classic beverage package.  The brands included suit me fine.  But, are most "traditional" drinks, i.i. mimosas, Canadian Club and seven up, frozen pina colada, Baileys and seltzer within the &9.00 max per drink set by the Classic package.  First time on Celebrity.  Im crusing May 17, 2019.  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, RockinRobin said:

Just like downsmead said, I don't have the option to upgrade on-line either.  Do I need to call my TA, or can I call Celebrity directly?

thanks

Call Celebrity. I called the Captain Club number and they knew exactly what I was talking about.

They need to add the promo to your cruise planner, then you will be able to upgrade with cash or OBC.

• Like 1

TY for this post.

If I got the email about the sale I think I ignored it since we have an existing reservation and I figured it was new bookings

Was able to book the bev sale through the planner

TY Cruise Critic friends. Such a great community here

Does it mention the 30% discount in the planner or are the prices just lower in the cruiseplanner than before? I don’t see anything that mentions a promotion, not even the 10% discount for buying the internet package upfront, although I seem to remember that this was over 200$ for the 9-night cruise and is now priced at 199$.

44 minutes ago, amitje said:

Does it mention the 30% discount in the planner or are the prices just lower in the cruiseplanner than before? I don’t see anything that mentions a promotion, not even the 10% discount for buying the internet package upfront, although I seem to remember that this was over 200$ for the 9-night cruise and is now priced at 199$.

In our case, I went into our cruise planner booking and it is offering discounted bev package, discounted excursions etc...As far as internet - we'll buy a bucket of minutes or whatever and get a discount based on captains club. I wonder if they will apply BOTH a captains club discount and a sale price?

Hi all, please bear with me on this:

Our 4/1/19 11 day Reflection cruise includes classic bev package perk but it's not listed on the cruise planner. If I add it to the cart online it's priced at $1,225.32 for two pax, and if I add the premium it's $1,433 for two. So... does that mean if I get them to add the perk into the planner and upgrade it I'll only pay the difference of $208 for the two of us? Can I use the OBC for that? Is this actually a discount?

All a bit confusing to me - thanks for any clarification.

8 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

In our case, I went into our cruise planner booking and it is offering discounted bev package, discounted excursions etc...As far as internet - we'll buy a bucket of minutes or whatever and get a discount based on captains club. I wonder if they will apply BOTH a captains club discount and a sale price?

Strangely enough I don’t see any mentioning of a sale, I believe the prices are lower but it doesn’t mention the original price or discount percentage. I’ll book it anyway, if something comes up at a lower rate, I’ll cancel and re-book.

Happy cruising!!