Eating on our balcony

FrankNBrew

11 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Botton Line:  While eating on your balcony seems like a great thing to do,  it really is not.  :classic_mellow:
Coffee or drinks FINE!  Food/Meal not good idea.   :classic_wink:

Really? Curious to know why.

The best breakfasts I've had on board were when I ordered from room service to have on the balcony. Sure it's a $9.38 charge but for me that beats having to deal with the mad rush in the windjammer which I try to avoid as much a possible.

Nothing like enjoying a hearty meal while sitting on the balcony listening to the ocean and watching the world sail by.

Not to mention the quality of the food was better than what was offered in the windjammer.

Balcony1.jpg

• Like 2

Aft balconies can be wind free sometimes.

Order the free continental breakfast on the first night. Morning of day 2 it will be delivered.  Now you have a tray.  Keep it.

Or just pay the $8 and order all the food you want which includes items not available in the WJ.  

I'm eating breakfast every morning on my side facing balcony this cruise.  Quite enjoyable.  Neighbors are doing the same.  

• Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 7:49 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

The tables on the balconies are short and not very big, certainly not big enough for two people to have a meal at. Because they are short, if you try to dine at one of them, you will be bent over for the entire meal. With that being said, the aft balconies are definitely big enough for two tables, you may be able to ask your room steward to bring a second one for you.

It depends on the cabin class. 😄

We eat at least one breakfast on the balcony each cruise and the table is fine for 2 with full breakfasts.

But that is in a GS.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:06 PM, SRF said:

It depends on the cabin class. 😄

We eat at least one breakfast on the balcony each cruise and the table is fine for 2 with full breakfasts.

But that is in a GS.

After searching for photos, it looks like we will have a low table suitable for resting a drink, but useless for eating off of. We will request a taller table. If no luck we will make do. If that means eating in the dining rooms, so be it. 

55 minutes ago, FrankNBrew said:

After searching for photos, it looks like we will have a low table suitable for resting a drink, but useless for eating off of. We will request a taller table. If no luck we will make do. If that means eating in the dining rooms, so be it. 

We have had the small low tables for breakfast on our balcony, and it’s fine.  Might be a little annoying for dinner?

We bring food back/order in for a few meals each cruise.  With our Spring Break group, our annual tradition is to order an obscenely large amount of food from room service and gorge ourselves on the balcony the last night before heading back to reality.

We've also brought food back from WJ.  Same as others have said...put a second plate on top or keep/ask for a tray. 

Overall, the most relaxing meals of our cruise.  We're debating doing room service on NYE this year with the whole family.  Keeps the crowds away.