A voice from the lowly “INSIDER”

Jesseslola

Hello, we are a group of 25 that will be on the Aug 19, 2019 sailing to the Meds-Greece. Much that we would love to be in a suite, the prices are so ridiculous, we feel sad and worried how it would be like in an inside cabin. 

We we are used to balconies or junior suite on board Royal Caribbean Freedom and lately on all the Oasis class ships. This is our first time with Celebrity. I have been looking for any coverage or pictures of an inside cabin, but cannot find any. We wonder why, did we make a mistake in choosing the insides...Celebrity...Edge.

Off the top of my head, if you were interested in having any of the perks such as the drinks package, then you needed to book an oceanview or above.  If you like to imbibe while on vacation, then it would be foolish to book an inside and then have to pay for the drinks package. And even if you're on a port intensive itinerary, you're still back on board from say 400-midnight, giving you a full 8 hours to utilize the package.

TMLAalum - Thank you -looking forward for the pix

Wineglass- Thank you -I will look at that  posting.  I am sure I missed it

vtcruising - thank you for the pix.  URGH, it is soooo small

SNJCruisers- Thanks - I am hoping that the prices will go down closer to our sailing, for the, at least an oceanview. Currently, it is like 5-6K per person.

I don't feel left out now..from my fellow insiders..thank you all

21 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

TMLAalum - Thank you -looking forward for the pix

Wineglass- Thank you -I will look at that  posting.  I am sure I missed it

vtcruising - thank you for the pix.  URGH, it is soooo small

SNJCruisers- Thanks - I am hoping that the prices will go down closer to our sailing, for the, at least an oceanview. Currently, it is like 5-6K per person.

I don't feel left out now..from my fellow insiders..thank you all

Yes, you will have plenty of company on the 'Inside'...LOL

Not to worry, it will be a great sailing with so much to do and after the day is over, you might be so tired that it would not matter much...

bon voyage

We booked an inside cabin on our 1/6/19 sailing. Since my plan is to explore every inch of the ship, I decided to splurge on excursions and not the cabin. I’ll let you know how it goes. I started my cruise addiction as an “insider” and graduated to balconies and JS’s also on Royal ships... It seems like there are lots of cozy spaces to snuggle and relax all around the ship, and since we’re not traveling with young children, there’s no need to have a balcony while the kids are sleeping. The funny thing is that we are now Elite on Celebrity (due to our Royal status), so it will be great to see what perks we can score from one of the cheapest cabins. You’ll have a blast, I’m sure!

• Like 1

I was just checking availability and pricing on dec 16 sailing.... Interestingly inside and oceanview are nearly sold out... a few OV cabins near martini bar.... high end suites still available...low end sold out.... High end Aqua sold out... low end still a few.... Concierge...low end sold out quite a few high end still available... E class IV... low end sold out...high end still quite a few.... about 100+ IV between E and C are still open. SV gone... traditional verandas are also gone.  So looking forward... if you want an 'inexpensive' cabin you need to book early... SV and the more traditional verandas are being booked quickly.  Find it interesting that in closing days prices are higher than they have been for a while. Cruiseline clearly wants to maintain premium image... how long before they discount? Interesting... much will depend upon reviews from paying customers.  I think IV will be a problem for sun worshippers... but if you have to hide from the sun like me... well I am looking forward to it.... Thought I would pass on these observations.

7 minutes ago, kearney said:

I was just checking availability and pricing on dec 16 sailing.... Interestingly inside and oceanview are nearly sold out... a few OV cabins near martini bar.... high end suites still available...low end sold out.... High end Aqua sold out... low end still a few.... Concierge...low end sold out quite a few high end still available... E class IV... low end sold out...high end still quite a few.... about 100+ IV between E and C are still open. SV gone... traditional verandas are also gone.  So looking forward... if you want an 'inexpensive' cabin you need to book early... SV and the more traditional verandas are being booked quickly.  Find it interesting that in closing days prices are higher than they have been for a while. Cruiseline clearly wants to maintain premium image... how long before they discount? Interesting... much will depend upon reviews from paying customers.  I think IV will be a problem for sun worshippers... but if you have to hide from the sun like me... well I am looking forward to it.... Thought I would pass on these observations.

Interesting... Are you very excited??!!!

Thank you Kearney, our 11 day, Aug 19, 2019 cruise to Amalfi has no Inside available and the next available rate is OV at +/- 6k CDN per person. This is before our flight from Canada, which is almost  1k. It is dizzying. Upgrade from Inside to OV is almost 1k from the last quote I got. I am hoping it will go down before May 2019. I am not used to either Inside or OV.. but family duty calls..so I will make the most of it!!

Yes, DH thinks I hate it because of the issues I have raised. But there is a difference between constructive criticism and disliking something...... I am retired and used to do a lot of analysis...so this just keeps my mind busy. Did you measure cabin by any chance... we need to address the 'cabin is smaller' complaints... I think it is an illusion

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

Yes, DH thinks I hate it because of the issues I have raised. But there is a difference between constructive criticism and disliking something...... I am retired and used to do a lot of analysis...so this just keeps my mind busy. Did you measure cabin by any chance... we need to address the 'cabin is smaller' complaints... I think it is an illusion

If the living area is smaller it may be because the bathroom is bigger, just a guess.

24 minutes ago, Oville said:

If the living area is smaller it may be because the bathroom is bigger, just a guess.

I think that is true. It is nice to have the bigger shower and more area in the bathroom. I didn't feel that cramped in the IV cabin. We did our last two cruises in AQ on the Reflection and on the Summit - I didn't really feel that the living space felt smaller than those cabins, maybe because the coffee table is gone. That's probably why they took the coffee table and gave us the tom-tom, so that the space feels bigger.

36 minutes ago, kearney said:

I will look at my notes - I measured one of them.

I hope the scooter works okay in that cabin - it will be a squeeze around the bed, but will fit. The couch moves, if you need to move it.

There's one accessible IV left - maybe they'll upgrade you. Those are sweet cabins!

12 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think that is true. It is nice to have the bigger shower and more area in the bathroom. I didn't feel that cramped in the IV cabin. We did our last two cruises in AQ on the Reflection and on the Summit - I didn't really feel that the living space felt smaller than those cabins, maybe because the coffee table is gone. That's probably why they took the coffee table and gave us the tom-tom, so that the space feels bigger.

Yes, we agree.  The living area didn’t seem smaller but the bathroom was larger.  Removing the coffee table certainly makes the space look larger as does the addition of the IV area. Perhaps it is the extension of the IV balcony that makes the cabin look more narrow.

Katie

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I will look at my notes - I measured one of them.

I hope the scooter works okay in that cabin - it will be a squeeze around the bed, but will fit. The couch moves, if you need to move it.

There's one accessible IV left - maybe they'll upgrade you. Those are sweet cabins!

We did change to a cabin with bed by the veranda... so I think we will be okay. You know I thought about asking about an accessible cabin... but I just have a problem using one. If it is available when we show up great. But having had a mother with MD and a nephew with MD... man I really want to save those for people who need the handicap bathroom. What I love about regular cabins is that the step up is not too much and there are usually plenty of places to grab. Now before I sign up for sainthood.... I have to admit to having been one of those people wondering if people really need those scooters.... well after seeing how much pain arthritis can cause... the answer is "yes they do"! With age and experience come wisdom or at least a better understanding. 🙂 Can't wait until Sunday...I just hope we can stay awake late enough to enjoy everything

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 7:47 PM, vtcruising said:

Regarding the smaller extended "window" on the balcony in the accessible cabins.  Is it permanent or does it go up and down like the main window does?  This is the cabin that we have on our 1/5/20 sailing.                                          

I believe that side window does not move. I think it is like the panoramic ocean view cabin which has a window that LOOKS like the IV type window but it does not open. I will try to remember to check on this next week. I hope we have this type of cabin on cabin crawl....