Hotel Suggestions for Ft. Lauderdale

Terre

10 minutes ago, Terre said:

Looking for hotels in Fort Lauderdale that offer shuttle service to the cruise terminal, and from the airport.  I did a search, but didn't find too much.  Hoping you can help me out.

We just returned from our cruise out of FLL.  We stayed at the Embassy Suites (17th St.), but we have previously stayed at Hyatt Place on other cruises. 

Both offer shuttle services.  I don't know the costs, as we prefer to take a taxi.   Sometimes the shuttles have to stop at several cruise ships along the way.   FLL has as least 5 ships in port on the weekends.

Taxi is less the $20 each way, from the hotels above, and direct service to your cruise ship!

• Like 1

We just got back from Florida yesterday after sailing on the Carnival Conquest 11/24-12/2):

We stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street--have stayed there pre and post cruise for 9 years.

We like the location, Publix, Total Wine, and Crown Liquor are all within walking distance. Also a good amount of restaurants are nearby as well. Free breakfast and daily Manager's Reception (free, not top shelf liquors) drinks from 5:30-7:30PM.

We took the hotel shuttle to the cruise port (they try to put everybody that are going to a specific ship in one van, but it doesn't always work out), and also back from the port to the hotel for our stay Sunday night (we made a trip to the airport for one couple and then went to the hotel). (Even with a few stops and a trip to the airport, we were back at the hotel by 9:10AM)

The total cost for two people, round trip (11/24 & 12/2) was $38.16. (Verified on my credit card statement)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

There is lots of info for hotels in FLL in the Florida departure boards (listed under "North American Home Ports"). We've stayed here before: https://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

and will be again on our next cruise out of FLL. 

This one, process seems shady but it worked out.  Included shuttle as well although they tried to charge us again in the van.

• Like 1

I've used Valuetrips but last time I emailed them a question, they never responded.  I'm staying elsewhere this time (HIE by the airport, using points).

But, yeah, there's a ton of info on the Florida Departures board since, believe it or not, every ships sailing out of FLL isn't a Carnival ship, so you can get input from many more cruisers!

• Like 1

As others have stated our two main preferences are the Embassy Suites on 17th and the Hyatt Place right behind it.  Number 3 is the Hilton Marina right by the 17th st Bridge.

We have found a taxi or Uber is much quicker to the pier than the hotel shuttles, no waiting for others to get their act together to get on the shuttle and well worth it!

All 3 have shuttles from the airport, but again, we just avoid the wait and take a taxi.

• Like 1