Armonia getting some New Upgrades just in time for Cuba

LaCal

Here’s a great link about some   Upgrades the Armonia is getting this week 

Includes a new Specialty restaurant w Surf n Turf n other steaks 😜

New Bars, Entertainment and new complimentary food at the Pub 

https://www.mscfans.it/en/2018/12/03/msc-armonias-new-features-for-miami-based-cruises/

Cant wait did our Cuba Cruise 😜🍹🍹😃

• Like 1

There are 3 other additions not included in that article that were indicated in the news item on the MSC website (can't give a link as it's no longer available):

New included delights:  MSC Armonia will also introduce some complimentary treats with the cruise experience. MSC Cruises is already known for offering some of the best gelato at sea and now, every creamy bite comes included with the cruise, leaving guests plenty of opportunity to try every flavour on board.

In the main dining room, guests will be able to enjoy cold-water lobster to create their own surf ‘n turf at no additional cost.

While dining on these elevated offerings, Aurea Experience guests will also have the option to dine al fresco, with a reserved outdoor area, featuring the open water as the backdrop.

• Like 1

I'm also on the New Year's Eve sailing.  I'll  post a review when I get back.  

Lovetoholiday: Not sure if you realize but they added Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle to the Armonia.  Maybe we can get enough people to have one.

• Like 1

For those of you sailing in the next few weeks, we are sailing with our 14 yr old daughter, 8 yr old daughter, and 7 yr old nephew. We would greatly appreciate any information on activities onboard during sea days. The younger kids are planning on the kids club, but my 14 yr old isn't. I am wondering if they have movies, trivia, crafty stuff, etc. during the day that would appeal to her. She's very athletic, so I'm sure we will play basketball, run, mini golf, swim, etc. but some downtime activities would be nice as well. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, smeesme said:

I'm also on the New Year's Eve sailing.  I'll  post a review when I get back.  

Lovetoholiday: Not sure if you realize but they added Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle to the Armonia.  Maybe we can get enough people to have one.

Yes thanks, I had seen that but I'm travelling with 2 friends and wanted to check with them first if they would like to go. 

Have done that now and signed up, that takes the number up to 13.  I went to one on the Divina last year and it was well done.

This is my first New Year's Eve cruise and I am really looking forward to seeing how they bring in the new year. Not to mention the sun ☀️😄

Very excited to get back on MSC and visit Cuba for the first time in June to celebrate my graduation. It will be a very fun trip. These updates look amazing as well, I am excited for the Cuban musicians at night on Saturday into Sunday. The mojito bar will be nice too. I'm excited for more reviews and reports to come out as the shiop starts its new schedule, its first 7 night from Miami left yesterday. 

Got this of MSC Website NEW ONBOARD CULINARY ENHANCEMENTS  

A new, mouth-watering specialty restaurant  

MSC Armonia will introduce a brand new specialty restaurant to the culinary line-up. The 38-seat “Surf & Turf” will serve a delectable menu, where guests can select an appetiser, main course and dessert from an assortment of gourmet options. 

For main courses, the Surf & Turf offers the best of both worlds, with a delicious filet mignon and tempting cold water lobster tail. Additional entrée highlights include a Lobster Thermidor, baked in shell with a mushroom cream sauce, and the 18 oz Certified Angus Beef Bone-in Ribeye. Desserts are as varied as they are divine with a Guava cheesecake, dressed in a warm Rum sauce, a Red Velvet Cake, and a Seven Layers Mexican Chocolate cake. 

Havana-inspired Mojito Bar  

Bringing the Cuban experience on board, MSC Armonia will transform one of its bars into a Havana haven, with a wide range of Mojito cocktails to choose from, whether traditional or out-of-the-box.

Enhanced Pub Menu  

MSC Armonia ’s White Lion Pub will introduce a new and complimentary menu featuring hand-helds like the befitting Cuban sandwich, a Mojo Chicken Quesadilla, an Avocado and Tuna Salad Wrap, and Spinach and Artichoke Dip to share. The pub will also continue serving a wide selection of beers, including four new additions -- Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale, Murphy’s Irish Stout, and Lagunitas IPA. 

New included delights  

MSC Armonia will also introduce some complimentary treats with the cruise experience. MSC Cruises is already known for offering some of the best gelato at sea and now, every creamy bite comes included with the cruise, leaving guests plenty of opportunity to try every flavour on board.

In the main dining room, guests will be able to enjoy cold-water lobster to create their own surf ‘n turf at no additional cost. While dining on these elevated offerings, Aurea Experience guests will also have the option to dine al fresco, with a reserved outdoor area, featuring the open water as the backdrop.

NEW ENTERTAINMENT CONCEPTS

In addition to MSC Cruises fan-favourite parties like the White Party and Silent Disco, a highlight of MSC Armonia’s entertainment offering will be the addition of local Cuban music while in port in Cuba. Straight from the city of Havana, various musicians will join guests on board to play the best of local Cuban music during the Saturday evening of the ship’s overnight stay in Havana. 

MSC Armonia ’s evening theatre entertainment will undergo a complete review, with an entire line-up of new performances to be introduced on board. Cruisers will marvel at a new, distinct show each evening. And the shows will include dynamic, virtual sets with the addition of a central upstage LED screen to display a variety of vistas for each show. Shows include: 

• ABYSS: A mermaid’s spectacular adventures under the sea. 

• THE TIME OF MY LIFE: Inspired by the famous 80s film, Dirty Dancing, the show features songs, dances and a story that still captures audiences to this day. 

• ADDAMS FAMILY: The quirky family stars in this hilarious show, inspired by the satirical and ironic portrayal of the 20th century American Dream family. 

• FRENCH FOLLIES: An all-French variety show, with artists, dancers, singers that come together for an elegant and joyful show. 

• THE GREATEST: Featuring the best of Broadway, guests are taken through the most iconic pieces of musical theatre. 

• ITALIAN TOUCH: True to MSC Cruises’ Mediterranean heritage, this show will feature Italian music and the most unforgettable Italian songs.

Hi all.  Very excited about the new additions just in time for our first MSC cruise!  Any idea if reservations will be needed for the specialty restaurant, and if so, how are reservations made?  We are cruising in July in an Aurea suite and are really looking forward to a new experience after many NCL and Celebrity cruises!

Thank you!