Izumi Hibachi and BOGO Dining Package

sh2738

Hi all. I haven’t ever done a dining package but I am considering doing a 2 night one. However I am traveling with a vegetarian so specialty dining options are limited as RCL appears to not like to have options for vegetarians in their specialty restaurants. We will be doing Jaime’s for sure. The only other specialty dining onboard Symphony that appears to have vegetarian options is Izumi the Habachi part as one of their entrees for the Habachi experience is some noodles with tofu. 

So so here are my questions for the experienced cruisers especially with this ship or ship class. How does the Habachi work? I have been to one on land but they state what you will receive beyond the entree on the menu. However I can not locate a place that states what else you receive besides the entree. I am assuming that you receive something else since it’s like 40/person. Anyone have any experience that you could please pass down? Trying to see if there will be enough vegetarian food for her to justify paying for it. Jaimes has lots of options so no problem there but all other specialty restaurants seem to not want to have any real entrees for vegetarians which is a huge disappointment. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

And mid can you reserve these bookings in advance by calling them? I know with the package that you can’t book them online but wondering if I call if I could get it arranged. Don’t want to have to wait until I get onboard in case it gets all booked. 

Also so any places not included in the BOGO? 

Thanks!

The BOGO option allows you to select a time when booking, but they choose both your first and second night's location. I have not had luck picking places beforehand via phone. However, I have been able to change locations and times once on board.  As to which restaurants are included or not, this varies by ship so I will let someone familiar with Symphony reply. One thing to note, on most of the specialty menus, they do have a note about vegetarian options available upon request.  Not sure what exactly that would include, but others might be able to add more.  

I have had 100% success in having the suites Concierge book my dining plans and BOGO dining reservations for me before boarding but without the benefit of the Concierge, you will most likely not be able to book your specific restaurant ahead of time with the dining plan options.  Even if you have to wait until you board, it is easy to make your reservations for the restaurant of your choice so long as you do it early on boarding day.

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hibachi is not included.  You cannot select restaurants in advance.  If you want to select your restaurant you must pay full price and reserve it individually.

This is correct.  We booked a package and booked Hibachi in addition to secure a spot.  It books up quickly.