Oasis Cancellation-March 31, 2019

right now loyl to royl is more like a death march...not sure what the hell is going on but what type of mintenance needs to e done that you re taking Oasis out of the water in the middle of cruise season...and I have to hear about it from this board...the options that have been given to us SUCK...and wont work...youngest dauther is a teacher and this was planned in March of last yr to accommodate her spring break...and now I have to cancel all of it and get my backall of our money,,,from the prenight in Orlando,,,and southwest airlines...all of this is giving me an itch...LOYAL TO ROYAL is gonzo...maybe we should look at going to Mazatlan or Cabo for the week...I am so pissed right now...and I made our final Payment last Friday...and then on Monday ITS CANCELLED...I need a drink...ugh

just got off the phone with agent and RCCL...the allue is now sold out for the 31st of March...and they can not give us 8 balcony rooms on Rapsidey...I asked the minion at RCCL what are you going to do for me...all that he said is that they have no options because the 2 options that work for us re now sold out...they can get me on symphony but will cost me almost 5000 more for the 8 rrom and they can not get me all balconies...I even tried to throw that I am a diamond member and he sias sorry sir...no other optoons for that week unless I want to pay more money...would not elaborate on the maintenance tht is taking Oasis out of the water...time to take my blood pressure ...Loyal to Royal...nope...

20 minutes ago, EaganCruiser said:

right now loyl to royl is more like a death march...not sure what the hell is going on but what type of mintenance needs to e done that you re taking Oasis out of the water in the middle of cruise season...and I have to hear about it from this board...the options that have been given to us SUCK...and wont work...youngest dauther is a teacher and this was planned in March of last yr to accommodate her spring break...and now I have to cancel all of it and get my backall of our money,,,from the prenight in Orlando,,,and southwest airlines...all of this is giving me an itch...LOYAL TO ROYAL is gonzo...maybe we should look at going to Mazatlan or Cabo for the week...I am so pissed right now...and I made our final Payment last Friday...and then on Monday ITS CANCELLED...I need a drink...ugh

Sounds as if you were successful with the drinks!👍🍻

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, EaganCruiser said:

just got off the phone with agent and RCCL...the allue is now sold out for the 31st of March.

Something not right.  Our friends got switched over to the Allure on the 18th of December.  They had a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis and got the same on the Allure

2 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Something not right.  Our friends got switched over to the Allure on the 18th of December.  They had a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis and got the same on the Allure

It depends on what you need. If you are a family of four as we were with two young children they have not had any quads available since they canceled the oasis sailing. Kind of a crappy thing to do since spring break is a big time for families to cruise. 

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that it’s because after April 2019 they will no longer have the dreamworks experience on the ship anymore. Plus they’re adding the VR trampoline and I believe laser tag. Maybe to make up for them removing the dreamworks experience. 

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, Tahoetravelers said:

The Oasis ship was in dry dock for maintenance when a commercial crane crash into it yesterday damaging the stern and the Aqua theater.  Damage repair happening for the next three cruise dates.  Ask about the refund and voucher.

This has been at the top of the 1st page for two days now. 

3 hours ago, Tahoetravelers said:

The Oasis ship was in dry dock for maintenance when a commercial crane crash into it yesterday damaging the stern and the Aqua theater.  Damage repair happening for the next three cruise dates.  Ask about the refund and voucher.

@Tahoetravelers, this is an old post from December and January when the Oasis cruise that was supposed to sail this last Sunday was cancelled.  So the people who were booked on this one, won't get any compensation based on this week's events, they got their compensation back when Royal ended up cancelling so that the ship could be in dry dock this week.  

CANCELLED OASIS OF THE SEAS Cruises cancelled

Can the on-board and BOGO credits applied to the cancelled cruise be applied to the future/replacement cruise?

Edited by rmn47

4 minutes ago, rmn47 said:

CANCELLED OASIS OF THE SEAS Cruises cancelled

Can the on-board and BOGO credits applied to the cancelled cruise be applied to the future/replacement cruise?

Only if the future/replacement cruise is offering the same perks.