Final bill delivered on last morning

Mike_DeA

On my last two NCL cruises there was no final paper bill outside my cabin in the early morning of the last day.  Or possibly someone had taken it each time. 

It's normally not a huge deal, but on my most recent Escape cruise last month a weird situation happened.  Someone knocked on my door around 3am, I made it to the peep hole in time to see them leaving, carrying a room service tray.  I thought they had just knocked on the wrong cabin, and I went back to bed as I was not feeling well, fighting what may have been food poisoning.  Fast forward to the morning, I had been up half the night and still felt horrible, stayed in bed as long as I could before heading to debark around 9:30am.  I checked the slot outside my cabin and my final bill was not there.  As I was in line to get off the ship I checked my bill via the NCL app and noticed a $7.95 room service charge on the last night.  I didn't have the time or energy to go to the front desk to have it removed.

Has anyone else:

1) not received their final paper bill, or

2) had an incorrect room service charge on the last evening?

Always have gotten a bill day of disembarkation,

And like the prior post we too check our bill day prior to disembarkation for errors, but do not cash out, we leave all legitimate charges to our credit card and successfully dispute all errors prior to disembarkation. HOWEVER, we have gotten errors on our bill the morning of disembarkation, and off I go annoyed that I am spending the last day of a glorious vacation disputing an erroneous charge. Once for room service, that was not ours, once for water we did not order and once for service  service charges that I pre- paid. 

We had also received a bill to our Credit card, for something we did not charge, after we were home. This I disputed with my Credit Card company and they resolved it quickly.

Keep all receipts and check your on board account mid cruise and at the end of your cruise.

It is easier to dispute a charge when it is newly posted.

32 minutes ago, llam said:

Always have gotten a bill day of disembarkation,

And like the prior post we too check our bill day prior to disembarkation for errors, but do not cash out, we leave all legitimate charges to our credit card and successfully dispute all errors prior to disembarkation. HOWEVER, we have gotten errors on our bill the morning of disembarkation, and off I go annoyed that I am spending the last day of a glorious vacation disputing an erroneous charge. Once for room service, that was not ours, once for water we did not order and once for service  service charges that I pre- paid. 

We had also received a bill to our Credit card, for something we did not charge, after we were home. This I disputed with my Credit Card company and they resolved it quickly.

Keep all receipts and check your on board account mid cruise and at the end of your cruise.

It is easier to dispute a charge when it is newly posted.

I use the app and check my account several times a day and if something appears that is in error I handle it immediately.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watch on in room TV and sometimes get a printout from the desk last night of cruise to check for any issues.  We cruise 4 times a year and have usually found something needing correction once or twice a year.    We have always gotten a printout delivered to our room and I would not leave the ship without a copy of what was actually going to my credit card. 

28 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Did not receive a bill on my December 6th cruise, but I checked my account on the TV daily.

Our early November cruise had the same note we have always seen on the Disembarkation instructions.  It has always said to look for that final bill delivered to our room.

For those that did not receive a final bill delivered to room....Did you notice if the disembark instructions still said that you would receive that bill?

Is this another change from NCL?