Disembarking the Bliss today

Jme4166

29 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Oh dear. This has me terribly concerned. I am sailing the Bliss next week

Don't worry. It's a great ship, terrific service and you'll have a wonderful time. Take a look at RushFan's much more extensive post with lots of pictures. Bon Voyage!

Edited by valleyvillage

2 hours ago, Jme4166 said:

I will say we have been on 43 cruises...The Bliss is beautiful but the service is horrible and the pool deck is way too small for a ship this size.

It is a beautiful ship.  I thought the service in Taste and Savor were for the most part excellent.  I agree about the pool deck.  It was a very crowded trip. And at times the lines were long.  But for dinner we were seating each night right away.  Overall a nice trip. 

12 minutes ago, cherrypop said:

We were on the Bliss for two weeks doing the Panama Canal.  The service was great.  I think the people who say the service is horrible have either never worked in the service industry or should be cruising on Crystal.  

For the record I am a hotel manager for Hilton Hotels. So I know all too well! Speak with others from our cruise who have posted who are the same.  A majority of the staf have been on the Bliss from day 1 and leave today for their 2-3 month time off.  I am sure that has something to do with the poor service. Not to mention not only was the internet not working for 2 days neither was the staff WiFi which we heard that from the staff themself. 

6 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

We just sailed over the Thanksgiving holiday and had a great time.  Yes, the pool can be crowded, but things like that happen on all ships.  Staff was wonderful.  Honestly, I thought staff was way too nice to a lot of incredibly rude and disrespectful people.  

One woman was loudly complaining because no one at Norwegian told her that Thanksgiving was that Thursday and allowed her to book Teppanyaki (which according to her nobody in heir right mind old eat on Thanksgiving).  Even with that complaint, staff could not have more friendly.

Enjoy your cruise!  Unless you are looking for an excuse to be miserable, you will have a great time!

• Like 1

We had a fantastic time on the Bliss.

Our special son meeting Robert & Vincente

was a lifetime event.

Will be glad to answer any questions you have.

DO NOT miss the Beatles show in the theater

Friday night!  A  must do.

Book Cagney's Online before cruising.

Here is our son with the Master and Commander

Of the MS Bliss, and Dad and Sean looking for

Bong at Mojito's. And Bong and Sean.(Bong got to keep

the the Captains hat. 🙂 And Sean looking for Pirate ships.)

We do prefer 2k passenger ships, 4.5k is somewhat large

for us.

We are the Moore's

Tampa Bay  😎

sean and captain.jpg

dad n sean.jpg

bong n sean.jpg

20181207_230113.jpg

• Like 2

Just off her yesterday.

Agreed, pool area too small.  First day at sea could not find 2 outside pool chairs around pool deck or aft area.  Jammed packed and we searched.  Went to deck 8 outside, found a couple of comfy spots and that was nice.   We could find chairs the other days but still jammed packed deck, and tight to get around.  Nice deep adult pool but with lots of belly flopping and partying around it.  Just crowded.  The hots tubs in the pool area way too small for the boat.  

One adult pool pool for a mega ship?!  Bizarre.  

Service was 95 percent very good and excellent, but did come across some not so friendly unhappy folks.  

On 12/15/2018 at 10:58 AM, marktwothousand said:

This would have me concerned...... you are the 3rd post on this thread and the 1st post was negative and the 2nd post was positive and you immediately focus on the negative.   You have set this cruise up to be a complete failure and disappointment already.   Good luck

This post is an example you cannot please everyone. We sailed on the Bliss and found the service outstanding but I am sure we did not all have the same crew members to make your trip amazing. When you travel with a child that has special dietary needs, NCL maitre"d out did himself making sure we have his needs taken care off anywhere we ate on the ship. We felt the food was amazing but again , we are simple eaters and do not do meals like Cagneys. Now my friend is a regular Princess cruiser and for him it was different( same cruise). He said he is spoiled with Princess and there is no comparison in food but he did like the service. We all had different crew members attend to us so the experiences will be different. 

We loved Bliss and cannot wait for Encore !   

3 hours ago, Princess411 said:

We are sailing on Jan 5. We don’t like buffets. Can anyone tell me if they serve lunch on the first day in any of the dining rooms?  Thanks

Yes there will be lunch in a main dining room.  The crew will always try to direct you to the buffet, but we just smile and head to the dining room.

6 hours ago, neffqueen said:

This post is an example you cannot please everyone. We sailed on the Bliss and found the service outstanding but I am sure we did not all have the same crew members to make your trip amazing. When you travel with a child that has special dietary needs, NCL maitre"d out did himself making sure we have his needs taken care off anywhere we ate on the ship. We felt the food was amazing but again , we are simple eaters and do not do meals like Cagneys. Now my friend is a regular Princess cruiser and for him it was different( same cruise). He said he is spoiled with Princess and there is no comparison in food but he did like the service. We all had different crew members attend to us so the experiences will be different. 

We loved Bliss and cannot wait for Encore !   

We were on The Royal Princess the week prior to our Bliss sailing and found the Main Dining Room food to be better than Princess.  Not that Princess was bad just more tasty on The Bliss.   More specialty choice on Bliss.  The buffet about the same.  Service better on Princess.  Different strokes for different folks.  

3 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Yes there will be lunch in a main dining room.  The crew will always try to direct you to the buffet, but we just smile and head to the dining room.

I did not understand that directing to the buffet all the time.  

On 12/15/2018 at 10:08 PM, eddeb said:

We had a fantastic time on the Bliss.

Our special son meeting Robert & Vincente

was a lifetime event.

Will be glad to answer any questions you have.

DO NOT miss the Beatles show in the theater

Friday night!  A  must do.

Book Cagney's Online before cruising.

Here is our son with the Master and Commander

Of the MS Bliss, and Dad and Sean looking for

Bong at Mojito's. And Bong and Sean.(Bong got to keep

the the Captains hat. 🙂 And Sean looking for Pirate ships.)

We do prefer 2k passenger ships, 4.5k is somewhat large

for us.

We are the Moore's

Tampa Bay  😎

sean and captain.jpg

dad n sean.jpg

bong n sean.jpg

20181207_230113.jpg

Nice memories for your family.  Dr. Bong was excellent.

So interesting. We are loyal Celebrity cruisers and had never considered sailing NCL. But I had a conference in Seattle this past October and really wanted to add on a Pacific coast cruise. The only one that worked with our dates was a five-day on the Bliss. The ship blew me away. Loved everything about it.

To give you an idea of how much we liked it, we recently took a three-day cruise on the all-new Celebrity Edge. We also had a weeklong cruise booked in a suite on the Edge in April. We liked the Edge but loved the Bliss. So we ended up canceling the Edge cruise and booking a week on the Bliss in the Haven on an Alaskan cruise. We also convinced the whole family to join us - my parents, my sister and her family and my brother and his family. So we’ll have a group of 12 on the cruise in late May.  

I never expected to like an NCL cruise,

much less love it more than Celebrity’s brand new ship. But that’s what happened. We are Bliss converts. 

Edited by ohhbother
  • Like 3

On 12/23/2018 at 11:57 AM, esm54687 said:

This would have me concerned...... you are the 3rd post on this thread and the 1st post was negative and the 2nd post was positive and you immediately focus on the negative.   You have set this cruise up to be a complete failure and disappointment already.   Good luck

I get the same impression. Almost like he is talking himself into a disastrous cruise.