LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

This ship has two things and only two things going for it - the most amazing crew I’ve ever sailed with up in SL/CK and she is a beautiful vessel. That is it. The food (except for the Indian food they make specially for us) is so lame. The specialty restaurants are expensive and so thoroughly not worth it. I can’t even begin to imagine how the MDR food cooked for 6,000 every night is. And Windjammer with it’s crowds, lack of seating and awful food deserves a special place in hell. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

Andy we love Indian food, what dishes do they make for you? We like it spicy, is yours?  Maybe the chef will make us some thanks

Damn why didn’t you tell me that earlier. Last nights was spectacular and spicy. 

Tonight they’re making is ox tail and rice and peas. Interested?

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Do they offer you an Indian food menu each evening?  We had that on Jewel.

Never. We always make the request and they bring the food. It’s always random too - as it’s purely up to the chef what he makes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Damn why didn’t you tell me that earlier. Last nights was spectacular and spicy. 

Tonight they’re making is ox tail and rice and peas. Interested?

Tonight is lobster so I’ll have that but some ox tail on the side sounds great too. We love spicy Indian food. Sounds good for lunch too

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Never. We always make the request and they bring the food. It’s always random too - as it’s purely up to the chef what he makes. 

That's the way it's been on ships other than Jewel.  They have 3 or 4 choices, usually 1 or 2 vegetarian, and they just bring us an assortment.

Loving the fact that the CK chef will personally prepare something for you.  I’m sure you’re a good tipper, plus you’re spending money onboard.  UDP, etc.  Perhaps Royal needs to amend their loyalty program to mimic what the airlines are doing.  It’s not just the number of flights (or cruises), the dollar amount spent is also a factor.  Those cruising in inside cabins, spending zero onboard would take longer to reach different levels.  

• Like 2