Ocean Ready app - almost there.

CaliforniaDon

The ocean ready app for your iphone still not quite there.  It started with a profile on Don's phone, for, and about, Don. Then I tried to add an upcoming voyage. January on the Ruby.  "Reservation not found"  -- What the error message should have been was "yeah, I found that reservation, but since this ship is not fully ready for Medallion, we have nothing for your on this app."

After not knowing WHY it could not find my reservation, I put the app on my wife's phone with HER email, date of birth and new password. Then I tried our March Regal reservation - that one worked.   Now, when I log back onto the app with MY email and password, I have the info shown below.

ocean-ready-screen-shot.jpg.cdd2cc7c7b77bbded242bae2d955da11.jpg

My screen says Welcome Catherine - so it appears that we have two Catherines and no Dons.  A call to Princess resulted in a promise of a ticket to the tech people - so hopefully this will get ironed out.  There appears to be no "undo button" on the app, and deleting and re-installing the app just brings back the already set-up info.

As it happens, our Travel Agent listed Catherine's name first on the reservation, but still each of us should be welcomed with our own name, so it sounds like some bugs to be worked out.

On 12/15/2018 at 7:28 PM, CaliforniaDon said:

The ocean ready app for your iphone still not quite there.  It started with a profile on Don's phone, for, and about, Don. Then I tried to add an upcoming voyage. January on the Ruby.  "Reservation not found"  -- What the error message should have been was "yeah, I found that reservation, but since this ship is not fully ready for Medallion, we have nothing for your on this app."

After not knowing WHY it could not find my reservation, I put the app on my wife's phone with HER email, date of birth and new password. Then I tried our March Regal reservation - that one worked.   Now, when I log back onto the app with MY email and password, I have the info shown below.

ocean-ready-screen-shot.jpg.cdd2cc7c7b77bbded242bae2d955da11.jpg

My screen says Welcome Catherine - so it appears that we have two Catherines and no Dons.  A call to Princess resulted in a promise of a ticket to the tech people - so hopefully this will get ironed out.  There appears to be no "undo button" on the app, and deleting and re-installing the app just brings back the already set-up info.

As it happens, our Travel Agent listed Catherine's name first on the reservation, but still each of us should be welcomed with our own name, so it sounds like some bugs to be worked out.

Same thing just happend to me.  Easy fix.  Try to add another reservation on the phone (even the same one) using your name (not hers).  Once you head back to the main screen it will update.  

I ran into the same problem, when I sign in with my e-mail address, it says "Welcome Alison", as far as I know, my name is Robert not Alison.  And as for mailing the medallions, Princess says it's too early to mail them for a March cruise.  Sometimes, new applications are just too complicated!!

Old IT truism:  Pioneers are the ones with arrows in their backs.

I am so appreciative of early adapters who debug software before I have to use it.  I have not sailed on a medallion-enabled ship, yet.  It does look neat, and I do look forward to trying it.  However, I have no problem waiting until these niggling problems are resolved.

Thank you for stepping up and helping Princess out with this.

:classic_wink:

Hi -

Update on my experiences.  - I got a call today regarding my first call to Princess' Ocean Ready people.  The two people, with the same name thing was a known issue and they fixed it.  That, apparently started a new problem, yielding a new call to Princess and a strange explanation that made no sense.

Today's call confirmed how it SHOULD work and that IOS - the Apple system, now had a different issue, but that Android (not Iphone) phones were OK.  When I logged on as Donald, it SHOULD say Hello Donald, and when Catherine logs on, it should say Hello Catherine.   That is just how the Princess website works.   So there is a BUG that is still being worked on.

The fact that this is still happening is not comforting - this app will have our passports on it!  In any event, progress is being made and there IS a plan to get it to work in a way that makes sense.  The tech people had reset my password (and not told me until the phone call) which is why some other bad things had happened.

-- I have not tried to upload our passports yet - that may yield yet another update - a good one, I hope.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:53 AM, dweidensaul said:

Same thing just happend to me.  Easy fix.  Try to add another reservation on the phone (even the same one) using your name (not hers).  Once you head back to the main screen it will update.  

I’ve tried more than once but continue to get the message “reservation not found”. 

Tom🤔

The solution that involves re-entering a reservation worked (I think) in my case for the issue of two Catherine icons, one with my pic and one with my wife's.  In one of my tech calls, I was told that THAT part of the problem was known and fixed and to delete the app and re-install it - there had been a patch to the app in the last few days (I had tried that the week before) --  

When I spoke to the lady this morning (before she was going into a tech meeting in an hour) I reminded her that the error message of "reservation not found "- may be true, or may really mean "reservation is not for a Medallion Ready cruise, so you cannot use this app on that one" --  she understood how saying error A to the user when, it is really error B - is, um, less than ideal.  

Finally, the Hello Catherine thing, when Donald signs in - they know about it, but as of several hours later they had not gotten that one fixed - at least they acknowledge that it is not right.

I am glad that I am not an elderly non-techie trying to work with this -- no, wait. Never mind.

Trying to re-enter my existing reservation got an error that says several possible problems, one of which is that the reservation is already linked - which it is. Logging out and then back in still gets me a welcome Catherine. - 

I tried loading the app on my android phone. I got my name listed once and my husband's name listed twice. This does not happen in his Apple Iphone. I put in all our information for our passports manually because I could not figure how to scan them in. I was able to use my phone to take the security picture.  I got an email saying my medallion s would be mailed.  Maybe I   might print my boarding pass just to be sure I have a hard copy. Guess I don't trust technology.

Question.

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess, summer 2019. When I go into the cruise personlizer and select Guest Check In all the normal fields are there as well as the print boarding pass option. Please explain, can we just fill in the guest check in like we always have in the past? I work from a desk top.