Need transfer from cruise port to airport in Lisbon

Nana4x

Anyone have a contact for a private provider for 2 persons going from the Lisbon Port to the Lisbon Airport.

One outfit said we can only being one case per person. I was wanting to use their 8 person Mercedes van.

Told her 2 people 4 suitcases.  If we were 8 that would be 8 cases.

I know in some cities the cars are too small for the luggage we drag along

We are doing a back to back and will have two large cases and two wheeled roll ons.

20 minutes ago, Nana4x said:

Anyone have a contact for a private provider for 2 persons going from the Lisbon Port to the Lisbon Airport.

One outfit said we can only being one case per person. I was wanting to use their 8 person Mercedes van.

Told her 2 people 4 suitcases.  If we were 8 that would be 8 cases.

I know in some cities the cars are too small for the luggage we drag along

We are doing a back to back and will have two large cases and two wheeled roll ons.

Why not explain exactly what you need (number of persons, amount of luggage) and ask about what vehicle would be used, and the cost?

If they *only* do cookie-cutter "number of persons decides the vehicle and amount of luggage, no changes allowed", then find a different provider.

We've used Google for private transportation, but only when there's a reason that a taxi wouldn't work.

GC

9 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Why not explain exactly what you need (number of persons, amount of luggage) and ask about what vehicle would be used, and the cost?

If they *only* do cookie-cutter "number of persons decides the vehicle and amount of luggage, no changes allowed", then find a different provider.

We've used Google for private transportation, but only when there's a reason that a taxi wouldn't work.

GC

Did that twice.  Really needs some reading skills on her part.

2 minutes ago, Nana4x said:

Did that twice.  Really needs some reading skills on her part.

Then why not use another vendor?

Or better yet, send out inquiries to more than one?

You also might want to ask on the Spain Port of Call sub-forum portion of CC, for those with more specific experience.

Are you looking for something like a taxi/taxi-prices, or a nice "car and driver"?

GC

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Lisbon is  in Portugal 

My nap time must be approaching.

:classic_blush:

At least this forum does have an "embarrassed smiley face"...

Actually, although this was *not* what I meant, there is a great taxi and car service vendor in Barcelona, which I think might be in Japan (JOKE ALERT!), and they handle most large towns in Europe.

Our first experience was with a private water taxi pickup in Venice, for less than any local providers.  They've since helped us with other transportation outside of Spain.  We'll finally be using them in, yes, *Spain* next spring.
That was why I asked if OP was interested in "taxi" type transportation (and costs).

GC

We usually just use a cab.  Even with two suitcases (one 28", one 26"), a computer bag and a couple of small carry-ons, even small Lisbon cabs were sufficient.

When traveling from a Lisbon hotel in July 2017 (two couples) to the airport we used Rideways.  Excellent service.

Mura

4 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

My nap time must be approaching.

:classic_blush:

At least this forum does have an "embarrassed smiley face"...

Actually, although this was *not* what I meant, there is a great taxi and car service vendor in Barcelona, which I think might be in Japan (JOKE ALERT!), and they handle most large towns in Europe.

Our first experience was with a private water taxi pickup in Venice, for less than any local providers.  They've since helped us with other transportation outside of Spain.  We'll finally be using them in, yes, *Spain* next spring.
That was why I asked if OP was interested in "taxi" type transportation (and costs).

GC

Please share the name of the company your used.  I will give them a try.

2 hours ago, Mura said:

We usually just use a cab.  Even with two suitcases (one 28", one 26"), a computer bag and a couple of small carry-ons, even small Lisbon cabs were sufficient.

When traveling from a Lisbon hotel in July 2017 (two couples) to the airport we used Rideways.  Excellent service.

Mura

Thanks Mura I googled their website.

4 hours ago, arima22 said:

We've used this company in Lisbon and other European cities: 

https://www.suntransfers.com

They have a minivan rate listed for about 33E

Sun Transfer is the company I have been in contact with.   I think the person is not a native English speaker.  She finally got the message that we wanted to hire the van on a private basis and not share . 

Just back from Marina cruise in November.   Used Lisbontaxis/Splendidjourney.

I emailed them - were not quick to respond, but did sending 2 emails, and then a reply after a few days.   

Email:  info@lisbontaxis.com.pt

I think they are local as opposed to some other companies which are not based in Lisbon.

We had an overnight prior to disembarkation, so it was not crowded when we got off the ship.  It would have been easy to get a taxi from the taxi line.    This was in sharp contrast to disembarking Marina in Sept. 2017 when we arrived that morning (no overnight) and it was total chaos at disembarkation, which is why we pre-booked this time.  

5 hours ago, the mice said:

Just back from Marina cruise in November.   Used Lisbontaxis/Splendidjourney.

I emailed them - were not quick to respond, but did sending 2 emails, and then a reply after a few days.   

Email:  info@lisbontaxis.com.pt

I think they are local as opposed to some other companies which are not based in Lisbon.

We had an overnight prior to disembarkation, so it was not crowded when we got off the ship.  It would have been easy to get a taxi from the taxi line.    This was in sharp contrast to disembarking Marina in Sept. 2017 when we arrived that morning (no overnight) and it was total chaos at disembarkation, which is why we pre-booked this time.  

Greetings

We were on that same cruise and got off the ship with the last group.  The taxi line was crazy and seemed to be totally disorganized.  Maybe it was because there were a lot of Seven Seas Explorer guests disembarking at that time.  We were staying an extra day so we just needed a cab to our hotel.  We walked down from the port just a bit then crossed the street and got an Uber.  He was there within 5 minutes.

Just on a side note, every time we have been through the Lisbon airport it has taken forever.  Every step is slow and then it is a very long hike from check-in to security to immigration then to the gates.  Leave plenty of time.

Good Sailing

Tom

Great information from both of these posts.  Unfortunately we are not doing an overnight in Lisbon.
Disembarkation scheduled for 8 am and our delta flight is 11:45.

O will NOT due transfers in this time frame.   Our last experience with ship transfers was a disaster bus sat waiting while passengers had no clue where to bring their luggage and what bus they were on.

NO thanks to 2 taxis we are not that adventurous especially with the short time we have.

Have read before how long it takes in the Lisbon airport.  Keeping fingers crossed and will take a chill pill on the day we get off the ship.😂

Good luck.   I might add that our transfer was about 20 minutes late due to a prior pickup, so if you make a booking with any company, you must be sure to tell them about your timeframe and insist that they be there early.    We were only going to a hotel, not the airport, so we didn't have time constraints.   

On 12/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, Nana4x said:

Sun Transfer is the company I have been in contact with.   I think the person is not a native English speaker.  She finally got the message that we wanted to hire the van on a private basis and not share . 

We have used Sun Tranfers a couple of times and they were on time.  Booked through their website.  Very easy.   

On December 16, 2018 at 3:42 PM, arima22 said:

We've used this company in Lisbon and other European cities: 

https://www.suntransfers.com

They have a minivan rate listed for about 33E

Our sun transfers in Amsterdam this July did not come to fruition. We had an early flight so scheduled them for 8:15. Ship started disembarking at 8:20 as we arrived late because of the locks. Get to our meeting point no one there. After many calls back and forth they told us the driver said there were 2 Oceania Marinas in port and he did not know which one to go to?????. With that we are now running close. We were able to find a taxi and paid double just making our plane. Sun transfers did refund our prepaid fare but would not reimburse us for taxi.  King of left a sour taste.

We are arriving at the Lisbon port from Cadiz where the ship leaves at 4 PM

If you disembarked an Oceania ship (not an overnight)  what are the chances that the ship will be cleared prior to the 8 am disembarkation time? 

I understand  the drive is not long but traffic and long lines at the airport could impact our prompt arrival at the departure gate.

Well, we were on Oceania disembarking in Lisbon twice in the past 15 months.   

In early October 2017 we arrived in Lisbon from Porto and I do not recall being cleared early.   The port was a total zoo, and it was almost impossible to get a taxi.   Many people had pre-booked, but there was a literal traffic jam of taxis trying to pick people up.   Chaos.

At the end of November 2018 (a month ago), we had an overnight in Lisbon prior to disembarkation.   We pre-booked a taxi but he was late picking us up because they had an earlier booking.   We were only going to a local hotel, so it wasn't a big deal for us.

So, good luck, because you can plan but it is not possible to predict how things will go on the day of your disembarkation.

The bigger problem may be at the airport.  We had a Friday afternoon flight on TAP to New York.   We travel carry on only, but TAP has weight restrictions, so we had to check luggage.   At that time of day there was no line to do that.  However, passport control and security was the real issue.    Since we had entered the EU in Spain (Barcelona),  not in Portugal, we had to get in a long line for "All Passports" to get through passport control.   Luckily we had lots of time since we had checked out of the hotel at noon, took the Aerobus just outside the hotel to the airport and our flight was 5 pm.   Then we had other security checks.   So the entire process took a fair amount of time.   I have no idea how busy it will be in the morning of your departure.    And there was a lot of walking to get to our gate.   You might want to look up an airport terminal map in advance to check things out. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/18/2018 at 8:21 AM, Nana4x said:

Great information from both of these posts.  Unfortunately we are not doing an overnight in Lisbon.
Disembarkation scheduled for 8 am and our delta flight is 11:45.

O will NOT due transfers in this time frame.   Our last experience with ship transfers was a disaster bus sat waiting while passengers had no clue where to bring their luggage and what bus they were on.

NO thanks to 2 taxis we are not that adventurous especially with the short time we have.

Have read before how long it takes in the Lisbon airport.  Keeping fingers crossed and will take a chill pill on the day we get off the ship.😂

Hello, your post appears similar to my upcoming situation and I was hoping you could tell me how things worked out for you.  Our boat arrives in Lisbon at 7 am.  Our international flight for the US departs Lisbon airport at 12:15 pm.  It appears you had a tighter time than this.  How did things work out for you?  What did you end up doing for transfer between the cruise terminal and the airport? 

Thank you in advance for you insight!

Go on line and find taxi or private van transfer companies in Lisbo.  We booked one and they were waiting for us.  I think it was 45E cash.  The drive is not long.  Barring traffic.  

The airport is insane to get through. Our female driver got us a cart and boy was it needed for our heavy suitcases. We asked directions to the Delta check in /baggage drop off many times.  Way in the back with just two counters.  The airport is full of shops on the way to your gate another nightmare to navigate.  We had plenty of time for a coffee and pastry while waiting to board our flight.

You can try Top Ten Tours  We are using them in April for transfer from the airport to our hotel and then to the cruise port 3 days later.