New boarding pass with zone number

Lottacruises

6 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

Just printed our boarding passes for Liberty out of Port Canaveral Feb 17, 2019 and there is no entry in the Boarding Zone.

They will give you the Boarding Zone # after you complete the check in, then proceed through security after that take the escalator to 2nd to the waiting area then looking for your Boarding Zone #.  If you are Platinum/Diamond Carnival sets aside a room for those members whose they will allow to board first and for the rest will get the call when they are ready for you.

I believe this is a new procedure for boarding and Carnival debarkation is not much better either (on last week sailing on the Breeze).

Happy cruising.

3 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

They will give you the Boarding Zone # after you complete the check in, then proceed through security after that take the escalator to 2nd to the waiting area then looking for your Boarding Zone #.  If you are Platinum/Diamond Carnival sets aside a room for those members whose they will allow to board first and for the rest will get the call when they are ready for you.

I believe this is a new procedure for boarding and Carnival debarkation is not much better either (on last week sailing on the Breeze).

Happy cruising.

The actual point in question being that the boarding passes now have an area for displaying the boarding zone, and some people (CC Rider 69, for example) have actual info printed there.

Which is leading us/me to speculate that your boarding zone will be predetermined according to your check-in time, not according to how early or late you show up at the terminal.

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The actual point in question being that the boarding passes now have an area for displaying the boarding zone, and some people (CC Rider 69, for example) have actual info printed there.

Which is leading us/me to speculate that your boarding zone will be predetermined according to your check-in time, not according to how early or late you show up at the terminal.

We arrived around 11AM for our 11:30 boarding time slot.  Our Boarding Pass did not show the Boarding Zone, once the check-in completed they just gave us what was available at that time.

6 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

We arrived around 11AM for our 11:30 boarding time slot.  Our Boarding Pass did not show the Boarding Zone, once the check-in completed they just gave us what was available at that time.

I don't disagree that it seems to be that way currently.  I'm supposing that Carnival is about to roll out a change where you will know your boarding zone ahead of check-in.

Just went back and looked at my boarding pass on CCL website, which I had printed out last month for Jan. cruise on Conquest.  No change to it.  This change - if implemented all around, would get rid of the zone numbers they hand out as people enter to check in.  Not a bad thing, imho.

Think of other Carnival changes in policy, operation, menu etc.  They usually start small on just 1 or 2 ships, gauge the initial reaction, and if positive, do a slow roll out to the rest of the fleet.

Look at the Steakhouse menu, Carnival has been using 2 versions for over a year.  More closely related, remember the process of introducing "check in times" at just one port for a few ships, then slowly working that change into other ports.  Took about a year to be fully implemented.

On 12/23/2018 at 12:20 AM, WIFamily said:

Just completed the online check-in for our April 23rd cruise on Valor out of Galveston.  Got an 11:30 PAT, we're red VIFP and staying in an Ocean View and did not purchase FTTF.  All boarding passes say Boarding Zone A1.

How were you able to pick a check in time for April 23rd?  Mine says can’t pick one until 3 months before cruise

On 12/22/2018 at 9:53 PM, tandemcruzr said:

A week ago, I made my final payment for our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. Our boarding Pass had the gray rectangle with the BOARDING ZONE title, but no entry.

I looked today and the gray rectangle is still there with no title at all.

Same here for my February Magic cruise. Now it's just an empty gray box. 

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, dbrucern said:

Ours says Boarding Zone B1 and we are Plantinum which it also says on the boarding pass so trying to figure out what we are supposed to do. Appreciate any advice

Ignore the Boarding Zone.  With you being Platinum, you can check in any time after the terminal opens.  Then go to the assigned area for Platinum cruisers.  They will call you when they are ready for your group to board.

I printed our Boarding passes back in November.  We are Platinum and we had no choice in a time slot for checking in.  The only one that showed was 12:30-1:00.  There is no boarding box on our passes.  I just went to the Carnival site to see if the passes had changed and the site is down now.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it is at some ports already, just not all of them.

I know that Galveston is planning on using these within the next two months. 

It seems that these will take the place of the boarding zone cards they hand out to non priority guests.

Priority guests are unaffected by this.