LIVE: Infinity Suite Class Dec. 22 5-day Xmas Cruise

GenerationX

Hello CC!

I'm a long time lurker who has gained so much valuable info from the CC community over the past few years and I thought I'd "pay it forward" by attempting a live review of my fiance and I's holiday sailing on the Infinity.

A little about us:

I'm Charla and my fiance is Jeremy.  We're in our mid 30's and live about an hour outside of St. Louis, Missouri.  We pay for our cruise addiction by practicing law (me) and managing a private mail distribution company (Jeremy).  We live on a 12-acre wooded property with our dogs, chickens and rabbits. We only get 2 weeks of vacation per year, and it’s tough to find house sitters who are willing to take on our property and menagerie, so we're only fortunate enough to hit the high seas once a year.

We’ve both previously sailed on Royal Caribbean (separately, during our wild and crazy college spring break years) and this will be our 5th cruise with Celebrity.  Our first Celebrity cruise was on the Constellation, but since then we’ve ended up sailing S-class ships, so we’re looking forward to seeing what it’s like to go back to a smaller ship.

We’ll be sailing in a Sky Suite for the second time (first time on M-Class) and always make a point of putting our premium beverage packages to good use.  We’re flying into FLL 2 days pre-cruise (in the Midwest, you never know what weather delays will look like this time of year, so we gave ourselves extra padding) and our ports of call are Cozumel and Key West. 

Both ports we’ve been to many times, so we originally planned to simply stay onboard in both and enjoy a quiet ship.  However, after realizing over the past few months that the large wedding that we’re planning in May is really not “us”, we decided a couple of weeks ago that we’ll be eloping in Cozumel!  We booked a cruise passenger wedding package with an officiant, flowers, cake and all-inclusive day passes at Nachi Cocom beach resort for less than we’re paying for the passed appetizers at our May wedding (I cancelled said passed appetizers order in order to buy a beach wedding dress.  I was really looking forward to those bacon wrapped shrimp with guacamole dipping sauce, but priorities...)  

We have reservations at Tuscan Grille for Christmas dinner and will also be trying out La Petit Chef for the first time.  We don’t tend to go to shows other than the comedian, but we enjoy checking out the live music and usually end every night of our cruise in the martini bar.  I’ve heard a lot of conflicting information regarding the condition of the ship, so I’ll definitely be sure to pay attention and take pictures when possible to give everyone a close up look of how the Infinity is holding up.

If there’s anything else in particular that anyone wants to see/hear about, just let me know.   Now I’m off to clear my desk at work and go do the last of my pre-trip shopping!

• Like 2

Charla, 

Congrats on the wedding plans. Do your family and friends know about the planned elopement or will they find out after the fact?

Looking forward to your reports. I am sailing the 5 -night itinerary in March. Any info you can provide about anything related to ship and itinerary would be most useful. It will be my first time on Infinity.

Enjoy your cruise and best wishes.

Edited by Straughn

12 hours ago, Straughn said:

Charla, 

Congrats on the wedding plans. Do your family and friends know about the planned elopement or will they find out after the fact?

Looking forward to your reports. I am sailing the 5 -night itinerary in March. Any info you can provide about anything related to ship and itinerary would be most useful. It will be my first time on Infinity.

Enjoy your cruise and best wishes.

Thank you!  A few of our closest family and friends know, but for most it will be a surprise. Enjoy your cruise in March!

Testing out posting photos from my phone...

Yesterday evening I got home from work and was surprised to see that we’d received luggage tags in the mail.  I thought this was something Celebrity now only did upon request (if at all).

408852DF-1B30-4DC6-951F-A3DB4AF9EE35.jpeg

• Like 1

Love that celebrity still mails luggage tags , not sure if any other lines still do that. We have back to back on infinity in March 4 day in celebrity suite then 5 day in a sky suite , love there suite perks, have a great cruise and I am sure you will have a great dinner at Tuscan grill which we love. 

28 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

I'm interested in 6132's balcony...how windy it is since it faces forward.  What type of furniture is out there.  Any privacy issues with adjoining cabins.  Thanks.

We were just on the Summit in October/November and were in cabin #6132. We loved it. Wind was not an issue at all - the balcony was really spacious and while not exactly "private" - we did not feel as "exposed" as we thought we might. Re: furniture, I am sure it varies from ship to ship, but we had a larger table, two chairs and two loungers, and a small side table. 

Charla - I am looking forward to following along, we board the Infinity the weekend after your cruise for New Year. 
BTW: Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials! It sounds like the perfect way to say I DO!

6132 balcony.jpg

My husband and I will be on the same cruise! We live on the west coast of Florida.  My husband is supposed to get home tomorrow (his job has him out of the country for a month and then home a month) Big storm headed our way tomorrow so im crossing my fingers he makes it ok.  He flies into ATL from Madrid  so if the worst case he can drive home from there. ( 8 hour drive)   This was kind of a last minute decision for us to go.  Cant wait to get on the ship.  

I have begun my pre-cruise rituals! After a couple of disappointing experiences in the spa onboard (including a pedicure that started chipping within a day and a massage where my masseuse hummed loudly along with the background music the whole time even after being asked to stop), I started doing my spa day on the day before we leave at the Four Seasons St. Louis. Prices are comparable to what I’d pay on board and the facilities are fantastic. 

Having a little...ok, big...breakfast with a view before I head down to the spa:

2F9F7F5F-E345-48CB-B40E-3210BD4FCD40.jpeg

88C3A4D5-60CA-4095-B63E-3613FEA399AB.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Aunu said:

My husband and I will be on the same cruise! We live on the west coast of Florida.  My husband is supposed to get home tomorrow (his job has him out of the country for a month and then home a month) Big storm headed our way tomorrow so im crossing my fingers he makes it ok.  He flies into ATL from Madrid  so if the worst case he can drive home from there. ( 8 hour drive)   This was kind of a last minute decision for us to go.  Cant wait to get on the ship.  

Looking forward to sailing with you! I hope your husband’s travel goes smoothly. I can’t wait to get onboard either.  I’ve been dreaming about it...literally. Last night I had a dream that I was sitting on my veranda drinking a pina colada and my hat blew off and fell into the ocean.  Hopefully not foreshadowing!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bhughey said:

We were just on the Summit in October/November and were in cabin #6132. We loved it. Wind was not an issue at all - the balcony was really spacious and while not exactly "private" - we did not feel as "exposed" as we thought we might. Re: furniture, I am sure it varies from ship to ship, but we had a larger table, two chairs and two loungers, and a small side table. 

Charla - I am looking forward to following along, we board the Infinity the weekend after your cruise for New Year. 
BTW: Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials! It sounds like the perfect way to say I DO!

6132 balcony.jpg

Thank you for this info! We’ve been a little worried about the wind too. Sounds like we’ll be ok. Looking forward to seeing what this larger balcony is like.

1 hour ago, warmwinds said:

I'm interested in 6132's balcony...how windy it is since it faces forward.  What type of furniture is out there.  Any privacy issues with adjoining cabins.  Thanks.

I’ll be sure to take balcony photos and spend some time out there while we’re at sea to get a good sense of the wind.

I hope you have a fabulous cruise and a beautiful beach wedding very curious to hear about the all-inclusive you’re doing in Cozumel we are going to be on the equinox next November and was just thinking about what we possibly might do . We were on the infinity in April going to the Panama Canal and I thought she was still in great shape! We spent lots of quality time at the martini bar and loved Luninae! If you’re lucky enough to get Lazaro as a waiter he is fabulous and funny and we enjoyed 12 dinners with him !! I look forward to reading your review over the holidays .

Cheers Stefanie from SD

20 hours ago, GenerationX said:

I’ve heard a lot of conflicting information regarding the condition of the ship, so I’ll definitely be sure to pay attention and take pictures when possible to give everyone a close up look of how the Infinity is holding up.

Just off the Infinity 1.5 weeks ago.   The ship is in excellent shape.  The only issue that I noticed was some slightly warmer-than-desired temperatures on the 9th and 10th decks.  

Have a great wedding and cruise!

1 hour ago, George C said:

Wow 6132 balcony is way bigger than our tiny one for our sky suite on summit.

Yep, sky suites #6131, 6132 on M class located on the angled, midship, hump are huge. The sky suites #6145 and 6146 which are connected to penthouse suites, are large as well, not angled, but basically double size of the standard sky suites on M class. 

Just found out that our (bare minimum) bid to move up to a Celebrity Suite was rejected.  Not surprising or disappointing. Suites have been sold out on this sailing for a while and from the reviews I’ve read our current “hump” sky suite is wonderful.

I am so glad I found this!  We are going on our first ever Celebrity cruise on the Infinity for 7 days in March, sky suite #6128.  We are used to Holland America cruising but looking forward to branching out.  

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding-how very exciting!  Hoping everything goes well and you have a wonderful time.  

Looking forward to your posts, thoughts about the ship and photos.  

Suite perks are so so much nicer on celebrity, we did suite a couple of times on hal ,  you get very little for perks . Sky suite is small compared to full suites on hal and rccl but perks make up for it micheals and luminae are both really great, service in luminae is amazing. Another thing we like is if you see something on mdr menu you like you can request that in luminae. 

33 minutes ago, George C said:

Suite perks are so so much nicer on celebrity, we did suite a couple of times on hal ,  you get very little for perks . Sky suite is small compared to full suites on hal and rccl but perks make up for it micheals and luminae are both really great, service in luminae is amazing. Another thing we like is if you see something on mdr menu you like you can request that in luminae. 

You are so right about lack of perks in a suite on HAL. We are really looking forward to the Celebrity cruise that includes 4 perks.  I’m sure we will get hooked! 

12 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

You are so right about lack of perks in a suite on HAL. We are really looking forward to the Celebrity cruise that includes 4 perks.  I’m sure we will get hooked! 

We have the four perks for first half on our celebrity suite then we move to sky suite next door for our rock and romance 70’s music cruise which has amazing entertainment and is a charter. 

Our 5:30am flight to FLL is just hours away and I’m wrapping up another pre-cruise tradition: getting in the cruise mood by watching Gentlemen Prefer Blondes while I pack.  Grabbing a few hours of sleep and then time to head to the airport!

IMG_6062.jpg

• Like 1